Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-20-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
Rode behind one of these....it was horrible, the wake never got clean and the exauhst water was shooting right into the wave? What' sthe key to setting this boat up correctly, or is it just the boat. We had 5-6 people all on left side, with rear left stock full + 400 lbs plus another 400 on the left side of the boat, center half full.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
It's not the exhaust that is shooting the water into the wake, it's the sharp corner of the swim platform. Here's a pic of my starboard side wake from my RZ2. In this pic we had about 900-1,000 lbs in the rear locker and 3 people on that side total.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
The swim step has more to do with it then anything. The best we have had it was 700 lbs in the rear locker with 12 people in the boat. We didn't get any pics that trip. These picks are 6 people in the boat (4 guys over 225 lbs) and no ballast. Taps 5.5 and speed 10.6 Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Yep, your wave has that same "line" in it that mine does. You can actually see the white water stream right off of the tip of that platform if you look at it while you're surfing.

Sam,
With that much weight you probably need to run 11+ mph. We run 12.0 with taps at 3~4 and it creates a much longer pocket but shorter wave. If we run 11.2 with taps at 6~7 we get a taller wave and but shorter pocket.
Old     (bentone)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
im glad i went with the african teak deck, was in terrible condition new, i re-edged mine and re-routered with fresh sealer it looks sweet, plus check my wave out. you guys should call up one of your carpenter buddys and have them build you one, you could re-use your brackets, hell i could build one for under $400.00. i agree with you guys, matts rz2 has that same riffle, although i can get my boat to do the same thing if my taps is set to high or not enough bow weight
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
I could make one no problem, it just wouldn't match the boat. I guess it could be rhino-lined or something but the round edges just wouldn't look right on the "edgy" designed boat.