Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (wakeboardwade)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-01-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
who is looking forward to riding in the summer and sun again? i know that i am becuase im getting tired of all this cold crap. How about you guys... post any pics of your riding in the winter!
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Who's not looking forward to summer?
I agree winter really, really, really, really, really sucks.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
yeah man ridding every week with no one on the lakes sucks

I do miss the hot days though
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-01-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well, I have to look out my window every morning and see my New Pro V which I have never used. I can not wait until the weather warms up. We have a Houseboat planned at Antlers at Shasta June 13-17th. So excited. Maybe this year I can jump the whole wake he he he
Old    murrayair            02-01-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Oh man, it was like 70 up here in Norcal today. I was feeling the wakeboarding-itis BIG time. I have so much new stuff I want to try. To bad it gets down to 30 every night.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-01-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!
Old    murrayair            02-01-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
Blair- Lol! A little cold up there in Alberta?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-03-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Yes it is cold damn it! Well not really for Alberta but it is still frozen. Texan complaining of summer (shakes head) it's almost like summer there all year.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-03-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Actually Jeff, it's worse for us Texans because we get teased so damn much. This morning we woke up to frosty lawns and ice covered windows on our cars, and I'm sure by tomorrow it will be mid to upper 60s. Then, we'll have another freeze with ice 4 days later. THAT is what sucks...

but your right, I can't really complain. I would just love to put up the long sleeve T's and sweaters for good, instead of having to drag them back out every other week through the winter.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-03-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
If it's not frozen with a risk of my boat freezing I'm riding. I was even considering getting a pick up to pull me in the half melted snow pools lining the ditches around here just to say I've been boarding!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-03-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Good thing winter lasts about 4 months in new orleans.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
Damn you jeff... im blaming this all on you saying it was nice out now look what we got snow and -14 sucks bigtime...
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
If you live in the North, you have to make do with what you got. I just ordered a new snowboard for my daughter. We will be heading for the slopes in the next coming weekends. Plus we will be hitting the local boat shows looking for good deals on equipment. I know that I appreciate any amount of time I get to spend on the water. If I am not going with my family on our boat, I'm heading out with friends on their boats.

PS. I am looking for new bindings that do not cut off the circulation to my toes like my 30/60s. Any suggestions?
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-05-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Sitting in lethbridge Alberta its still cold,but not that cold. but back in Saskatchewan and Manitoba thats were the cold is. Nothing but ice fishing and banging snow drifts skidooing..