Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
I am looking at the Ronix Mana and the Ronix Viva but i want one that edges good and has a lot of pop, what are your opinions on these boards? Witch of the Ronix boards rides most like the CWB Marius (board I ride now)? I am also looking for a board for rails because I heard that Ronix boards break on rails easily.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-28-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
If you want one the ride like a Marius, just ride your Marius. Are you just looking for something different? Try the new Transcend, it is pretty dang poppy and the board has a narrower profile than your Marius which makes it quicker rail to rail. It generates pop from a more aggressive rocker whereas the Marius uses its width.

All boards take a beating on rails. Perhaps a Hyperlite/Byerly with the ABS rails. That seems like it'd hold up. I just wreck my old boards, it'd be a shame to destroy a new deck.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
I don't really like CWB boards very much it seems like every shape has something that i don't like about it. The Marius is way to loose on an edge for me. And I really liked the Ronix boards last year.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
If your not opposed to LF you might wanna sheck out the Lyman. Its DOPE!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
I like the Lyman it was my first choice last year, but i couldnt find any boots to go with it?
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-28-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
if going with ronix and hitting sliders go with the bill!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-28-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help everyone. I still would like to know what yall think about the Ronix Viva & Mana.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-29-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
Might want to look into a slingshot. Sharp edges, lots of pop, and great on rails.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-29-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   

quote:

I like the Lyman it was my first choice last year, but i couldnt find any boots to go with it?

As in you could not find boots that matched it graphically that were comfortable?

OR

maybe you don't realize that other companies boots WILL fit on other boards, the only thing you might have to change is the depth of bolt used

__________________________________________________ ______________

other than this statement, never riden any ronix boards, so sorry i cant help on that, but I'd have to recommend looking at slingshot too. Slingshot boards are super durable, don't let the flex make you think otherwise.

AND if breaking and warranties are you MAJOR concern then i might even look at the Obrien Local, it is the only board on the market with a full warranty, even AFTER hitting sliders. never ridden it either by the way.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
What i mean is that I could not find any boots that felt good and looked good on the board. But I am going to go to Texas Mastercraft today to look at some more Ronix boards and the LF S4.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
if you like the lyman and it was your first choice, why would you let boot colors hold you back? do you want to settle for a board you might not like as much just because you cant find boots that look pretty and match? just get some all black or white boots and you are set.
dont limit yourself
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
alright ibex all the way dude, its super lite and my friend was at wilson's watersports and they got that bored and set it on the curb and 5 people jumped on it and they threw it around and slid it on the concrete and the bored had like barely any scratches and it wouldnt snap. it has a light grindbase material on the bottom and in the middle of the bored. awsome board. also picked up the reliks that match that board and i sware they weigh as much as on of my flip flops.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-30-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
Yea I was looking at it too. But I heard it was super loose on edge.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-03-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
Is the Mana as loose and as slow as the CWB Marius?

Is the Mana slower than the Ibex?
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-04-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
The mana is not very loose and is pretty slow, i would say about as fast as your marius....
Old     (toxis)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-04-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
if you want to hit rails, get a liquid force with the grind base. can't get much better than having a base designed for it!
Old     (n00b)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-05-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
I've got last years Lyman with last years Cell bindings. I think they look pretty cool.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
Good Edge - Lots of pop

Slingshot(s)
Ronix Viva (i think will be good for that)
Hyperlite Marek