Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       10-06-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
As much as I think sam and his yuppie ignorant thoughts are slightly on the handicapped side, he is entitled to his opinion, those of us that do have tattoos in places we cant hide like hands, neck, etc... know what we are doing but don't care. I think Randy would agree with me that it's take me as I am or don't take me at all. I have been refused several jobs because of the choices that I have made but I do not regret it at all. If someone like that is the one in charge of the company you can count me out. Thats my 2 dolla
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-06-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Hey Sam...if nothing else I hope this thread has opened your eyes to another perspective, and maybe shed some light on the worth of a human being. wasn't trying to start a war, just puttin down an opinion
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2008, 6:03 PM Reply   
at least now this thread is moving away from tattoos and employment and towards gator boards...
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-06-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
I wonder what Ricky G would be saying right now?
Old     (dumbguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-06-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Wow – What a dialogue. I am the A**hole that Nickole Maven talked about. I am one of the lucky people involved with getting Gator through this tough economy. I will keep it simple and leave the drama out of it.
1. Gator wishes nothing the best for Randall and the new venture he has taken part in. We only hope the small INDE companies can consume market share from the conglomerate. Props to Randal for sticking his neck out and backing up a new company in time that is trying for everyone.

2. Yes, People have been let go. But anyone let go was treated more than fair. The people that have been let go were a major part of the family and a large part of its development over the years. Whether its 10 or 9, someone else can google and confirm the past, while we work towards the present. Nobody wants to let people go, but it happens, in every company and every industry.

3. The company is in business and continues to operate. The company is not closing, 2009 product is on the water and we are shipping to International distributors as I write this.

4. Gator is changing its business model and will be evaluating every aspect of its operation, like every company does in every industry. Gator will do what is needed to be successful, like every company does in every industry.

5. The past is simply that, the past. Tough times call for tough decisions. Nobody knows the facts, but everybody assumes the worst. Over the years Erik has done a lot for people, putting a ton a faith in people who took advantage of him for no reason. Blame Erik, blame whoever, no matter what Erik has continued to support the sport and the athletes. In the end if the score had been kept its Erik and Gator 1 and the rest of the people who said they were on his team 100!

6. The team is intact 100%, the ones who want to stay will and they will be paid, the ones who decide to leave, we wish them nothing but the best. We are grateful Ricky, Gerry, Kyle, Mark, Drew, Ryan, Steve, Drew D., Matt, Derek and Anthony have stood by us through the chaos.

7. Gator has risked more of his personal money then you will ever imagine trying to have one of the only grass roots companies in the wake industry. While everyone says its” Daddy Lutgerts” money, nobody knows what is exactly said in those meetings between Erik and his dad, and nobody understands how it will actually impact Erik moving forward except Erik.

There has been a ton of nay saying and a lot of rumors, fact or fiction regardless. You can’t be mad at someone for trying to fix problems, especially ones that are costing money. Nike, Microsoft, Coca Cola, Ebay and even Google try to consolidate operations to be lean and profitable, why isn’t Gator allowed to?

Nobody in their right minds would run a business if it was not making money, those rules apply even in the wakeboard industry.

Haters will be haters, that’s the law. I think it’s only fair to get the facts. In the end you can’t make everybody happy. Sucks-
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-06-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
COZ - FYI Be carful on you choice of words when throughing up the 81.

L8TR
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-06-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
so, who wants to talk about tattoos? I got a sweet new tri-square last night too, I'll post pictures later on!
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-06-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
we need gator to post.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-06-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
Nice post thejanitor!
Old     (dppaneig)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Wow, interesting blog.

I rode the other day which is rare now. I had a smile from ear to ear. I hate business stress and love to ride. I am going to buy a gator board.

Good luck Gator.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-06-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Sam, just wanted you to know my local shop is 160 miles away and they would send me a Gator demo any day of the week, with a return label if I didn't like it. It pays to get in good with the local shop, and give them your buisiness. Gator boards rocks, I have 3 of his boards, and wear his gear (t-shirts,hats,etc.) almost daily,to represent. It would be a very sad day if they close shop. The whole Gator Crew rocks! Good luck guys!!
Old     (jeremyjones7777)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-07-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, this is Jeremy Jones, the ex-product line manager.

Im one of the guys who was laid off, with a months severance, from Gator Boards. However, Im also the guy who will continue to help this company anyway I can. Starting with the 2010 graphics and binding development that Gator wants me to start on right away on a subcontract basis. Yes this sucks and do all of us involved (including Gator) wish it would have happened a different way? Of course. Were we all angry? Of course we were. Truth is, we all just wanted the company to make it. We all wanted to be involved in taking this company to the next level. Thats why we all dedicated ourselves to this company. Working long and late and even spending our own money to make things happen. Had the company been managed differently and the economy been prosperous I think we could have pulled it off.

Troy and Arian are great people to work with on a daily basis not to mention hard working and very talented at what they do.

Gator, we will always be friends. Hopefully all the decisions that you are having to make will help you pull this company through.

Wish you nothing but the best and if I can do anything help let me know.
Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       10-07-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the low down Jeremy and best of luck in your future ventures
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-07-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
Hey people not to keep talking about tattoos, but Sam started it by assuming Randall has no other talents, and that he cant work because of tattoos. Just shows how much Randall is respected in the bus. Team Valdez says it it all. Gator Boards will survive !!! Nikole maven, was it necessary to post all that info????
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-07-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   

quote:

By anthonyv911 (tonyv420) on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 1:14 pm:

Hey people not to keep talking about tattoos, but Sam started it by assuming Randall has no other talents, and that he cant work because of tattoos. Just shows how much Randall is respected in the bus. Team Valdez says it it all. Gator Boards will survive !!! Nikole maven, was it necessary to post all that info????

I didn't assume anything or say that he didn't have any other talents (you inferred that on your own!). I did say that he will definitely have trouble finding another job and and that he WILL be discriminated against for his tattoos. I can guarantee that some people will look at his hand and question both his judgement and his decision making process - RIGHT OR WRONG!

Don't keep bringing this up unless you want me to respond...

Upload

Further more, you state that he is respected in the business. Big deal, that respect doesn't necessarily transfer out of the business which is what I was stating. People will give him a pass because they know him from wakeboarding, but will they give him a chance if they don't know him?? You have to admit that with a hand tattoo like he has, he will definitely be passed over for some positions, even some of those that he might be interested in and qualified for through his seminary training.

Sorry to all for keep bringing this up, I feel that I have the right to defend myself.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-07-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
thats such a sweet tattoo, I have seen many, but have never seen one as badass as that.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-07-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
whoah! you can say badass on WW. cool.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-07-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
BADASS! That is so BADASS that the BADASSNESS is so BADASS!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-07-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Wow! A lot of interesting first posters to say the least.

To Nickole Maven, This is a very small industry. Bashing someone that has helped shape our industry into what it is today won't get you very far. Good luck with that...

This has been a very tough year for everyone in our industry. Boat companies, board companies everyone. I have always supported GB and wish Erik and the rest of the GB Crew the best of luck. A restructuring of GB has been long overdue and I look forward to seeing what transpires over the next season.

On a side note, Expo this year had a huge aisle down the center that usually had exhibitors in it. It turns out over 36 skate exhibitors either went out of business this last year or couldn't afford to goto Surf Expo. We're not the only ones getting hit hard. Everyone’s getting hit hard!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-07-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
I agree with Sam on this. for the most part. (not that anyone cares)
When I started getting tats, I had no idea where I was going to end up professionaly. Which is why I never got sleeved.
This is why at the office, most everyone here is not aware I have any tats. My job requires me NOT to have any visible ink. Randall WILL have a tough time getting a job outside of the industry, based on his decisions to ink himself beyond his wrists. but that is his choice.
Sam is not alone with his "discrimination" on who he hires. some of the largest corporations in the world have similar policies. I happen to work for one of those corporations.

Like I said earlier on in this thread. good luck to Gator Boards. hope they survive. I always hope the indy companies last a long time.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-07-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
My brother told me that Valley Ride Shop in Phoenix is now closed! He also said that Alpine Ski up Shea and 32nd now carries wakeboard stuff! They are even a GB dealer and have inventory to demo/buy!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-07-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm not in Phoenix anymore! I just thought I would throw it out in case anyone actually wants to try the GB stuff out who live in Phoenix...

Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Mmmm...can you say "personal vendetta?"
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-07-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Damn. This thread just wont die.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-07-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hey Sam why did you even bring up the subject? this thread was about finding out whats up with Gator. And most of us on this website do respect what these pros have done for the growth of this sport. I never said that his status as a wakeboarder should help him elsewhere, just that he is respected in this industry. Well maybe not in those exact words but I am sure everyone knew what I meant.I can't believe you said big deal, but anyway from a hardcore wakeboader (what I go to work for 5 days a week)thats inked up, would personally like to say "enough about this deal and no hard feelings on my end" You are entitled to your opinion, and I can respect that. So peace out and have fun on the water, hope your season isn't over with. GB for Life! PHIL. 4:13
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-07-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
hi haters !!!! First off I want to say that gator boards isn't going anywhere. We are just making a few changes like a lot of companies. As far as the people that said I can't hold the team down I think I have done a good job for the past 5 years with GB and I have people to help me along the way. We still have a great team and will continue doing our best for many
More years. Also in regards to the statement made about me not being around as much because of my daughter isnot true I travel all the time and will continue doing so to support my family. GB isn't going anywhere and I'm going to do my best as well as the other riders. thanks for all the support and the love for GB keep it up . Thanks

Ricky G
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Pretty cool.
Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       10-07-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Well with that confirmed looks like you guys are back on the tat subject.

That's good news, nice to hear that Ricky, best of luck to you and GB
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-07-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
I hope Gator Boards makes it. Great product, good backstory.

There may be some discrimation with tatts. However, there are places where they are a benefit - youth ministry for one. In my former church, we had several ministers with tatts, a few former addicts, and others with an incredible backstory. In my current chruch, the pastor is leaving...maybe...

Let the one who has never fallen throw the first stone...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-07-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Whats up Ricky ? Glad to hear from a legit source. Congrats on the birth of your child. Much love for WSR and the GB crew. Tell Randall and Tim V. whats up from TonyV. Peace
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-07-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Good to hear Ricky! Hope the new born is doing well, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for GB and for WSR.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-07-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
It is nice to know we are "haters".
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-08-2008, 7:03 AM Reply   
It's nice to know that Ricky cares about us enough to post up on here at all. And he's just calling it like he sees it; we are haters.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
I would say most of the people who have posted on here have been supportive of Gator. There are obviously a few that weren't but for the most part people have been positive about the company.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-08-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
ThankSS for setting the record straight Ricky...

Hows the fam. doing??
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-08-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
I'm really glad to hear that Gators boards aren't going anywhere.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
his haters remark was probably in response to the tatt issue here. in case no ones ever seen ricky before he's got a couple of tatts...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
and in case none of you have notitced or were not smart enough to put two and two together both Randall and Rickey reside in Socal. if any of you have ever been to this particular region of the county you would have a better understanding of the culture there and it's acceptance of the tattoo. and those who wear them.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-08-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Good point JR. I'm from Socal, and fully agree. I live in Texas now, and tats aren't accepted near as much here as they are there!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
and i dont really forsee in the future either Rickey or Randall moving to Florida or anywhere else in the 48.

or not be in the biz in some way shape o form. i think this arument is stupid and does not pertain to the situation at all.

(Message edited by romes on October 08, 2008)
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
His post didn't say anything about tattoos. He only talked about gator boards.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
its because of people like sam and your typical right wing opinions on how "WE" should live and act that our counrty is in shambles. they have their vendettas and want to control the way we live rather than encourage others to do well and do what makes them happy
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-08-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
this has nothing to do with Sam being against someone with tattoos. He is running a business, and his customers comfort level and satisfaction comes first. if his customers are not comfortable with someone in his crew having a tattoo on his face, then that guy needs to go. that guy should probably have asked his boss if he was cool with it first.
i know I would not want anyone working for me in my office to have a tattoo on their face. and that has nothing to do with my feelings about tattoos. I have plenty of them. however, my clients do not see them. ever.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-08-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   

quote:

By jason callen (westsidarider) on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 8:59 pm:

its because of people like sam and your typical right wing opinions on how "WE" should live and act that our counrty is in shambles. they have their vendettas and want to control the way we live rather than encourage others to do well and do what makes them happy

Hey Jason,
First, I don't give a rat's behind on how you live your life!

What I don't think you have learned yet is that you are responsible for your actions and the fact that life is not fair! Your problems are not my fault or anyone else's, but your own!

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on October 08, 2008)
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-08-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
I'll second exactly what Callen said!
People are soo close minded and do not support others! The economy is hard right now, let alone our small industry! Everyone needs support right now!

I wish all the luck to GB, Ricky and all the other riders right now!

Everything happens for a reason and we'll survive!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-08-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdBHWminejI

my favorite youtube video with spanish subtitles for all you in socal...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
thats fine that you dont give a rats ass how i live... but that is the problem that people are so concerned with what they want they dont stop to think if they should do what they are doing, or what the effects will be. you say i havent learned that i am not responsible for my own reactions, but you are far from wrong. i do know that very well. but that is the point. we as a country are so un-unified right now beacuase of all our own selfishness that the country is in its current state. instead of focussing on what "WE" need all your focussing on is what "I" need.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-08-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
I'm a Libertarian, Jason. I don't believe it takes a village, and I don't think it's a right to have healthcare. Let me guess, you are going to vote for Fauxbama in November...

We are in our current predicament mostly due to Keynesian economics. We should be following Hayek...

I love wakeworld... from GB to tattoos to politics...

(Message edited by wakeboardsam on October 08, 2008)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-08-2008, 11:17 PM Reply   
There should be a new post= wakebaording and politics. Then cut out the last quarter of this post and put it there. Since it doesnt have anything to do with the original post
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
first of all, i want to say that i'm stoked to hear that gb's still in business. the industry needs indie companies like gb. thanks for the update ricky. hope nothing but the best for you and the rest of gb and its riders.

secondly, i do understand what sam is saying. it's crappy to say but people with visible (key word) tattoos are going to have a hard time getting a job outside of the action sports industry. does that mean i'm against tattoos or people with them? hell no! i've got a tat on my arm, but i knew to get it high enough so it can be hidden for when i show up for a job interview. you know how people say to look your best, that you only get 1 chance to impress a prospective employer? crappy as it is to say but if two guys (or girls) are equally qualified for a job and one had visible tattoos, more often than not, the person without the tats will get the job. that's just the way it is outside of action sports. and really, that has nothing to do with our economy's current state. the same "rules" applied when our economy was kickin' ass.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-08-2008, 11:29 PM Reply   
actually im gon to stay home come november....
i think that either way we end up were screwed...i dont doubt your love for the sport, anyone who posts on this board has nothing but love for the sport. i just believe that your outlooks do not nescesarily fall inline with the liberatarian ways. either way regardless of politics we, meaning us as a country and our sport that we love, need to come together and support each other rather than follow our own selfish needs. if you are firing employees based upon that certain people dont like the fact that they have tattoos you are in turn looking out for yourself and not encouraging the growth of what this country and its original goal, which was to sepparate from religious persecution
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2008, 11:30 PM Reply   
Lots of jobs have a dress code. I remember a little while back Starbucks told all their employees they could not have facial piercings. Lots of jobs make you wear uniforms. Life isn't fair weather you think it should be or not.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
jason, what if he loses clients or can't get anymore clients because of his employees' appearances? what then?

i don't know about you, but supporting my family comes first. if that means hiring someone w/o any visible (key word again) tattoos, so be it.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-08-2008, 11:42 PM Reply   
I'm just happy that I was able to work in my dislike for Keynesian economics. We should be following Hayek... Hopefully someone on here actually googles this stuff... Ron Pual kicks butt! LOL!
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-09-2008, 12:09 AM Reply   
i havent read the thread but i just saw this:

There is a lot being said, so I thought you might want to hear it straight from me.

Due to recent economic conditions we have downsized our company to continue to do business in this current economy.

I would like to thank everyone that has been a part & that has contributed to the GB movement in the wakeboard industry, for making us who we are in the industry today.

We are still in business and looking forward to a strong 2009

We are very excited about this new year and the possibilities it has to offer.

We will continue to make the highest quality wake products the industry has to offer.

Gator Wakeboards is proud to release our 2009 product line!!

It's available for your viewing pleasure at www. gatorboards. com

Thank you for the support throughout the years and looking forward to doing business with you in the future!

Erik Lutgert
Old     (klp_what)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2008, 2:55 AM Reply   
Sweet..... but back to the real issue about Tatoo's cause that is what we were all tuning in for on a thread titled Gator-say it isn't so!!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-09-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
To bring politics into this thread and talk about right wingers is ignorant!!
I happen to be a republican and I have NO problems with tattoos or what anyone does with their life its none of my business.
IMO its your choice how you want to live your life and if you want ink or no ink or whatever.
Don't lump all right wingers together as one, that's just not fair..
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
I think these quotes might serve well from the newest Randal's Replies #4

"God has shown me not to let other people's perception of who I am to define me."

"Jesus says worrying is a sin, so I try my best not to worry. The best part about that is that I don't have to worry about what other people think of me and I don't have to care whether or not the other people in church relate to me. I know God relates to me because I am his child. God has my best interest at heart."

"I think Jesus is the ultimate bad ass! Nobody could relate to him. Jesus was an outcast." (a little elaboration on this one: tattos might make you an outcast but never more than jesus was made an outcast... by his own people)

"God is doing a much better job with me than I ever did, so if people still see me as somewhat of a bad ass, that is fine. I'm just the bad ass that is surprisingly approachable and compassionate when confronted."

There it is from THE MAN's mouth. i think it could very much apply to the topics comments here
Old    kc700            10-09-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
So how about them dodgers!!!! Fall Classic Here we come!
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-09-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
I don't think anyone was questioning what Gator thought of himself, he after is the one who got the tattoos.

These statements might possibly show that he has indeed been discriminated upon due to his outward appearance. It may be to such a degree that he has had to find strength in/from God in order to deal with it.

I hold by my original statement, he will have a very difficult time finding non-wake related work.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Gator is Erik Lutgert. last i recall gator isnt covered in tattoo's.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-09-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Leave it alone!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-09-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Matter of fact, I was very happy to see comments from Gator. This thread is about Gator. Not what some Cali thinks about tatoos.

Furthermore, THE Vandall actually has the tatoos. Unless you're a Gator (the company) type of guy, I doubt you've ever seen a pic of the guy. Great! another pointless argument. Sam: thanks for posting.

these dumbasses don't even know who they're fighting about!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-09-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
sam, youre a tool .
Old    kc700            10-09-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Okay, lets not drag the great state of california into this by throwing the "Cali" nonsense around. Alrighty Tex.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-09-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
who cares.... get a life.
Old    kc700            10-09-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
Exactly Riley!!!!
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-09-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
why is this thread still be going on? everyone you wanted to hear from has posted yet some are still e-fighting...give it a rest already!

(Message edited by tcaz on October 09, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-09-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I've met both Erik and Randall. I've also seen that there video that they did recently...
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-09-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
I just realized Ricky posted. Thats awesome to see Gator still doin his thing and Ricky layn it down as well for himself, the company, and last but far from least his family. For those of us that have been riding for 10+ years you know how important it is for guys like Ricky and Erik to still be involved and have their teams and company strong. Im not one to judge and dont care about all the tat mumbo jumbo or what ethics people on here have about running THEIR OWN COMPANIES. This post wasnt initially started to debate everyones company. It was started to inquire about GB and there company. In conclusion they're still in business and have a great 09 line comming up as Ricky posted above. E-NUFF SAID LET THIS ONE DIE and be happy for the guys that have been passionate and killin it on boards for years!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
wow chattin, you really are an idiot.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-09-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
on the topic of gator, anyone have any experience with the legend?
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Very fast. Its like the board wants to go into the flats every time.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-09-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
they are going for 100$ on anothersmokindeal.com but I am so strapped for cash, but also so tempted I am very torn.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-10-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
I ride the 142 and love it! It has the pop like a really mellow 3-stage rocker even though it is continous. For me, (and my technique I am sure isn't perfect) it wants to pop out and not as much up but you can still go big. I think it is a really fun board to ride. I haven't rode the '08 line (140 or 145 but I am assuming it is the same.) The '09 Gator though... SICK!!!
Old    kc700            10-10-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
The opinion of another texan. Fair enough.

(Message edited by kc700 on October 10, 2008)
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-10-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
I got an 08 legend & it's remarkably awesome, considering I am an abrupt 3-stage guy (Byerly's & old Harris's)...... Haven't ridden the new Gator yet, but looking forward to it....
Also, the GF LOVES her Gonzalez.... (since we are talking boards here)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-10-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Just messin' chattin. did you grow up in LB? I grew up in the Pismo Beach/San Luis Obisbo area.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-13-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
SHUT UP KRUPP! you ride the lexy!!!!

(Message edited by zleartsu on October 13, 2008)
Old    kc700            10-13-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Yeah born and Raised in the LBC.....SLO is s little north but still fun to make it up there for some sweet Halloween parties at Cal State.