Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            07-30-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
looking at these 3 cars for the lady. all kind of different we know. any experiences with any of these cars? looking to buy used and spend about 30k.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-02-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Alan, I don't have much experience but did test drive some IS cars and the 370z. I'd go with the 370z for the money. I just didn't like spending 30k+ and having the "entry level" Lexus. I personally didn't like the interior much either. Guess I'm getting too old. Seemed to be a nice car though and I don't think you can go wrong with the Lexus. It was third in my search behind the G35 and the TL.
Old    alanp            08-02-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
i drove a 370z today. seemed like alot of hp. maybe more than i would need. didnt care for lack of leg room and i didnt care for the blind spots. also would have liked if the seats reclined a bit further. i offered them 29.5k they wouldnt move off of 30k so i walked away. i think even at 29.5k i am over paying a little. also test drove the c300. i liked it but i wish it had a bit more hp hahaha. i think the IS is out of the question. not into the wood paneling/trim.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-02-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
I had a IS250 Sport manual and I loved it. Bit of a sewing machine engine but a super nice car. Mine didn't have the wood trim (barf)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-03-2010, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
not into the wood paneling/trim.
Lexus dashes just look fake and cheapy... A place by me just had a 370z taken in as a theft recovery.... only had 600 miles and they sold it for 23k - may want to look into something like that to save some $$$$
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-03-2010, 5:06 AM Reply   
They actually have another one now.....
little more $$$$ - maybe more options
http://www.sunsetcurve.com/view.php?...ng_number=2950
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-03-2010, 5:25 AM Reply   
alan i'll be going by the lexus dealer on friday. i can check on the is250 . but most lexus are very reliable just get them serviced at a toyota dealer cost much less to do so.nissan is not real high in reliability if thats important to you. honda/acura are on the top. c300 i'm assuming is a mercedes i know parts and labor are high on those. i can only speak from reliability and service side as i have only owned ford trucks and honda / acura cars both very reliable.i'll get back to you on friday with lexus/ mercedes info.
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-03-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
Have you looked at the C300 srt8? Ive seen some of them on craigslist for in the 24-28,000 range. They would have quite a bit of power. Just a thought, I perfer to have the extra room though.
Old    alanp            08-03-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
thanks robert. also you wanna ride friday afternoon/evening on the private side behind my boat?

nick that car has a salvage title.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-03-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
I would get an Acura TSX V6 Tech! SICK CAR!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-03-2010, 9:16 PM Reply   
Them salvage is a "theft salvage" no damage.... just that it was stolen at one point.... for me I wouldn't care, but I know some people don't want that on there.... but usually after the sale and the title transfers it goes away - a carfax would show it.... but a theft and safe return is nothing.... especially if you can get one w/ 200 miles for 8k less than a dealer -- before the low ball
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
My wife bought her is250 almost 2 years ago and it has been a great car to own. We drove it from Tampa to Reno a few months ago.
Attached Images

Old    alanp            08-05-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
bought the 370z today. 09 with 3k miles. practically new. that damn thing is fast
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-05-2010, 11:41 AM Reply   
CONGRADULATIONS ALAN. DON'T GET A TICKET. THEY [tickets] are easy to get. i'm a expert. i've had 20 or so . LOL