Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-29-2011, 3:29 AM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/riptank#!/ph...type=1&theater

Introducing the "T-12" grab. An all NEW GRAB by Connor Brown.

Rear Hand, Back of board, in front of front foot. Enjoy. If you Can't see it just friend request Connor Brownand look at Profile Pic.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
isnt that called a suitcase?
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-29-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Why don't you just post the pic to the forum. I don't do the face-space...but I'm always stoked to check out some pics of people's riding.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       08-29-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
I just sent my friend request, i'd like to see this
Old    mojo            08-29-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Suitcase is front hand, heel side of board, behind back foot.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
i'm definitely gunna start trying to learn this. looks hard, but definitely doable. pretty sick as well.
Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-29-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
I will post a picture when I get back to Australia, in NZ now with limited internet haha. And better names for it hopefully, not quite sure I like T-12 so far.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
I'm assuming that you have to rotate your upper body to get the hand back there.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-29-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Here is a picture of it although it is kind or hard to see how his body is positioned.
Attached Images

Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-29-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
so, like a nuclear grab but with the rear hand?
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-29-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Isn't a nuclear with the rear hand already? I thought that is what it was only on the front of the body instead of behind it.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-29-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
It's actually called an AB grab. Comes from snowboarding. I don't think there are any grabs left to invent.
Here is a list of grabs:

1 2 (one-two; not twelve)
A trick in which the rider's front hand grabs the heel edge behind his back foot.
A B
A trick in which the rider's rear hand grabs the heel side of the board front for the front bindings.
Beef Carpaccio
A Roast Beef and Chicken Salad (in between the legs) at the same time with hands crossed.
Beef Curtains
Advanced version of a Roast Beef where both hands simultaneously grab the heelside edge of the board between the bindings.
Bloody Dracula
A trick in which the rider grabs the tail of the board with both hands. The rear hand grabs the board as it would do it during a regular tail-grab but the front hand blindly reaches for the board behind the riders back.
Cannonball/UFO
A trick in which the nose and tail of the board are grabbed simultaneously.
Chicken salad
A trick in which the leading hand passes through the legs from the front and grabs the heel edge between the feet.
China air (West Coast) /Korean air (East Coast)
An easier version of the Japan Air; the front hand grabs the toe side in front of the front foot. Both knees are then bent.
Crail
A trick in which the rear hand grabs the toe edge in front of the front foot.
Cross-rocket
Advanced variation of a Rocket Air, where the arms are crossed in order to grab opposite sides of the nose of the board, while the rear leg is boned straight and the front leg is tucked up.
Cross-pop
Advanced variation of a Pop Air in which the arms are crossed in order to grab opposite sides of the tail of the board, while the rear leg is tucked up and the front leg is boned straight.
Frontside grab/indy
A fundamental trick performed by grabbing the toe edge between the bindings with the trailing hand. This trick is referred to as a frontside grab on a straight air, or while performing a frontside spin. When performing a backside aerial or backside rotation, this grab is referred to as an Indy. The frontside air was popularized by skateboarder Tony Alva.
Goomba
Back hand grabs nose of the board around the back. similar to the nuclear
Japan air
The front hand grabs the toe edge just behind/on the front foot. However, the arm must go around the outside of your front knee. The board is then pulled behind the rider (tweaked). Note: Advanced riders performing this trick will usually turn and move facing fully forward, or put the nose of the board close to the upper arm or shoulder.
Lien air
When performing a frontside air on transition, the snowboarder grabs heelside in front or behind the leading binding with his/her leading hand. In order for it to be a Lien air, the board can not be tweaked and has to be kept flat. The origin of the name of the trick is the reverse spelling of skateboarder Neil Blender's first name.

Snowboarder busting a method air off a cornice—a classic style of aerial grab and board tweak

Melancholy; Melon
Performed by grabbing the heel edge between the bindings with the leading hand, while the front leg is boned forward.
Melon, water
A melon grab where the rider bones the front leg and turns the board the 45° angle.
Method
A fundamental trick performed by bending the knees to lift the board behind the rider's back, and grabbing the heel edge of the snowboard with the leading hand. Variations on the method include :

Grasser, Crossbone, method boneout, power method, or Palmer method
Performed by grabbing the heel edge with the leading hand, and tucking up the board while kicking out the rear foot in such a way that the base of the board is facing forward. Derived from the snowboarder Chris Roach of Grass Valley, CA. Other notable riders who popularized this air include snowboarders Jamie Lynn, Shaun Palmer, Terry Kidwell, and skateboarders Steve Caballero and Christian Hosoi.
Suitcase
A method in which the knees are bent so that the front hand is able to grab the toe edge and hold the board 'like a suitcase.' Can also be performed as a two-handed Suitcase.

Mindy
Both hands grab toeside between the bindings. This is more commonly referred to as a gorilla.
Mindy, Super
Both hands grab toeside outside of the bindings.
Mule kick
An early snowboarder adaptation of the skateboarders method air. Often called a Toyota air, after its similar posturing to the early 1980s Toyota "Oh What A Feeling" ad campaign featuring people jumping off the ground, performed by jumping into an aerial backbend with legs bending until nearly kicking yourself in the butt as with skiing's backscratcher air, both arms bent back high over the head and not grabbing the board. Still occasionally seen and widely regarded as terrible.[citation needed]
Mute
Front hand grabs the toe edge between the bindings. Variations include the Mute Stiffy, in which a mute grab is performed while straightening both legs, or alternatively, some snowboarders will grab mute and rotate the board frontside 90 degrees.
Nosegrab
Front hand grabs the nose of the board.
Nuclear
The rear hand grabs the nose of the board.
Perfect
The front hand grabs the tail of the board.
Roast beef
Back hand grabs through the legs to the heel edge.
Rocket Air
Both hands grab the nose of the board, while the rear leg is boned and the front leg is pulled up.
Rusty Trombone
A Roast Beef and Nose grab performed at the same time.
Pop Air
A Rocket Air performed with both hands grabbing the tail of the board.
School grab
A trick in which the rider's front hand grabs the heel edge in front of the front foot and his rear/back hand grabs the heel edge behind the rear foot.
Seatbelt
The front hand reaches across the body and grabs the toe edge behind the back binding.
Slob
A mute grab where the back leg is boned straight.
Stalefish
Back hand grabs the heel edge of the board at the back foot, around the outside of the knee.
Steak Tar Tar
A Chicken Salad and a Roast Beef at the same time.
Swiss cheese air
The rear hand reaches between the legs and grabs the heel edge in front of the front foot while the back leg is boned.
Tailfish
Similar in naming convention to a Tindy, Tailfish is a portmanteau of 'Tail' and 'Stalefish'. The trailing hand grabs the heel edge between rear binding and the tail.
Tailgrab
The trailing hand grabs the tail of the board. Variations include straightening, or 'boning' the front leg, or 'tweaking' the board slightly frontside or backside.
Taipan air
The front hand reaches behind the front foot and grabs the toe edge between the bindings. The front knee is then bent to touch the board tuck knee style. Called Tai-Pan because it's a variation of the Japan Grab.
Tindy
The tindy grab is a controversial grab, and the name is a portmanteau of 'tail' and 'indy'. The trailing hand grabs between the rear binding and the tail on the toe edge.
Truck driver, backside
The rider grabs Mute and Stalefish at the same time, while rotating backside. Also known as a drunk driver.
Truck driver, frontside
The rider performs a frontside grab and a Melon at the same time, while rotating frontside.
Flying squirrel
Both hands reach behind the heelside and (tweak) the board behind his/her riders back.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
I wish that guide came with pictures.. Its gets pretty confusing with all the front/back hand to back/front of board lol

That picture is awesome though, its looks as if he is tweaking an indy with a huge BS shifty because of the shadow
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
Love the Squirrel
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-29-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by garveyj View Post
Isn't a nuclear with the rear hand already?
true dat homie
Old    readyaimfire            08-29-2011, 5:26 PM Reply   
I shot a pic of Nick Heaney grabbing a toeside backroll this way. If I can find it I will post it later.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
Give to Brett to have a list of grabs on hand haha.

Its rad what you're doing Connor and that you're pushing yourself and your crew to think outside the box, But the grab has been done before, I used to call it a super stalefish...... now I'm old and can't flex that far anymore, hahaha.
Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-30-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
Haha well I was about 95% sure that grab already had a name, but couldn't find it on any "Wakeboard Grabs" lists and had never seen it done. Didn't think of checking snowboard trick lists. Oh well, to re-name the thread" A NOT SO NEW GRAB" by Connor Brown. But hey at least I'm keeping y'all on your toes. I hang my head in shame. .
Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-30-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
And for the record, AB is a **** name.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-30-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
so you invented a dirty tail fish.. good job.. never do it again.
Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       08-30-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
1. didn't invent anything. was a mistake.
2. It's apparently called an AB.
3. It's near the nose of the board (not the tail) in front of the front foot, therefore not a TAILfish.
Old     (geoffIsring)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-31-2011, 6:15 AM Reply   
In snowboarding that trick is called a tindy and doesn't count as a real grab, because it's not a true tail grab and not an indy grab
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
SIIIIIIIIICCCC Grab Connor!!!!!!!!!

I for one only hope that one day i can do a grab anywhere close to that. right now im in the peewees and your in the Majors as far as grabs go.

Since its been done before lets see someone post a pic of someone else doing it on a wakeboard.

Im not saying it hasnt been done but id also like to see a pic of someone doing it on a snowboard so we could compare them.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffIsring View Post
In snowboarding that trick is called a tindy and doesn't count as a real grab, because it's not a true tail grab and not an indy grab

Doesn't count as a real grab. Now that's funny right there! Who cares?