Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hello, done with some tower wiring and I was looking to pretty it up a bit with wiring grommets that I have seen elsewhere.

So, I'm not sure what they are called but they are plastic and push into a hole (usually in metal) and protect the wire from any sharp edges. Additionally, they have tabs internally that hold the wires tightly once pushed through.

I don't really know what these things are called so its hard to search for them.

If anyone knows the "real name" or place to get them let me know. I looked at Autozone, Checker, Home Depot and didn't see them.

Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the Neutrik Speakon connectors?

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on June 22, 2009)
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-22-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
Chaun, you are looking for rubber grommets. You should be able to find them locally, here's a link to a place that has them.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
nu bu, got the Neutrik connectors already but unfortunately not what I am taking about.

TXSurf, close but the ones I want are plastic and interference fit once you press it through the hole. It also has some internal tabs that secure the wire from moving through the grommet.

I got one of these things with my triple guage wiring pack for the SuperDuty.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-22-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
The plastic ones are called snap bushings. I have ordered from this guy before and he is very good.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-22-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Murphy's got it. Also sometimes called "closed snap bushing". Only problem with these is that you can't put them in after the fact without removing the wiring and threading it back through the bushing. Same would be true with a rubber grommet.

You can find snap bushings at some good mom & pop type hardware stores. I haven't been able to find them at Home Depot or Lowe's.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Perfect. Mucho thanks Murphy. That is exactly what I was looking for.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:51 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us