Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-24-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
I had used Microsoft's PhotoStory a couple of years ago to make slideshows and then got away from it and more into making videos. Now that I have a good camera, I started making slideshows again and its very cool how quickly (compared with editing video) you can turn a batch of photos into a rememberance of whatever event you happened to record.

Here is one I made today from our wakeboard clubs ride day last Sunday. Share yours if you have one.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/SWC-Ride-Day-Sept.-17_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20295
Old    walt            09-24-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Very cool. Are You still using photostory and does it have different options as far as effects and transitions ?
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-24-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Yes, Photostory 3 is a free download from Microsoft. It does have tons of transitions but they are all those "Swirl in" and "Diamond Out" types...the kind that irritate me for some reason. They do not have a straight 'cut' transition which bothers me, but for free I can't complain. In addition, you only have the option of making .wmv files, so using Premiere to make a slideshow probably makes more sense for people who are technically astute. I just like how simple Photostory is.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx
Old    walt            09-24-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Thats to bad it doesn't use MP3's.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-24-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Nice. Lots of great smiles in those pics.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-24-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Walt, it does use mp3s. All of my music is in mp3 format, and it takes it no problem. I was just pointing out for people that the final product cannot be in an mpeg or avi or quicktime format, it only produces .wmv files.
Old    walt            09-25-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Thanks Loren.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/2006-Hang-time_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20301
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-26-2006, 4:33 AM Reply   
That was awesome Walt. So many good pictures in that batch, but I enjoyed watching one movie instead of scrolling through 4-5 pages of Wakepics to see them all. Plus, I had tunes :-)

I do like how the 'moving' effect makes it feel more like a movie and less like a slideshow, however I can't trust MS to always do the correct pan/zoom. I noticed in a couple of your shots that the focus ended up being 'other than the rider' in the pic. If you did that on purpose, cool. If not, there is a screen near the end of the production process that a 'Customize Motion' or something button is right under the picture. You have to click it, and then you have complete control over image size/location at the beginning and end of the shot, as well as length of the slide/transition.

The irritating thing to me is that often I am happy with 90% of the automatic motion, so I go in and change the other 10% to my satisfaction....but when the movie is made again, their automatic motion changed! So I've begun manually choosing all slide motion to avoid my frustration :-)

Also, there is the option of downloading a free add-in from MS to allow your slideshow to be 1024x768 quality. Yours looked fine to me, I just didn't know what quality it was set at and when I started using PhotoStory I was ticked that the best was 640x480 or something lame.
Old    walt            09-26-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Do You have the link for the free add on ?
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
Who is the girl riding in the pink shorts?I think I am in love!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-27-2006, 3:43 AM Reply   
Here you go Walt.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/dme_more/moreprofiles.asp
Old    walt            09-27-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Thanks again Loren.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:14 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us