Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
Had a small but killer crew on the backwater today. TGIF baby!!!

Tommy on the double up!

Christopher grabin it clean!

Christopher

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on April 09, 2004)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   

Jeff Frew even made a cameo!!

Jeff Inverted

Tommy Stylin a grab!

Second Tantrum throw for me of the year.

Frew's SAN, "nice"

Surface 360.

Christopher throwing and pulling a Tanrum,

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on April 09, 2004)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   

I didn't catch this pic just right, but a power slide that Jeff pulled.
Old    buttacup            04-10-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Nice pics! But still no crash pics of you, Jon...what's going on there?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Lynsey, I never crash!!!
Old    walt            04-11-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
Great pics ! What kind of camera are you using ?
Old    buttacup            04-11-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Uh huh sure you don't I think you need to post those instead of deleting them from your memory card.

Walt- He uses a Digital Rebel, same as Bill J's.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-11-2004, 5:50 PM Reply   
wow jonathan, great pics!! i actually really like that one of jeff's powerslide - it always amazes me how little of the board is in the water!

thanks mucho for the pulls. it was a great day on the water. how'd you do in the comp?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-11-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Amazing pictures Jonathan! I think I'm gonna use that powerslide pic for my profile. Between the great riding shots and that one culinary masterpiece , I'd say you definitely have a skill to fall back on if you ever need a career change. R U ready to finish off that tantrum (congrats on the great progress!)?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments, wish I could take credit for it LOL the Digital Rebel gets all the props. The only shots I get credit for are the first one of Tommy and the ones of Jeff. The rest were either taken by Tommy or Chris. That camera is so easy to use it's sick! I think we have had 6 guest photogs so far on my boat. The camera just keeps getting handed off. I look forward to a summer of great shots!

To everybody that has been in the eye of my camera, I am setting up folders on my pc for each of you and compiling a bunch of shots. I have a lot more than the ones I have posted. I will burn a disk for each of you so you can get all the shots at the increased file size "higher quality"

Lynsey, I checked my folder and there are no crash shots of me

Jeff, the Tantrum is going to be landed this coming weekend. I am going to throw them until it happens. Man behind your SAN for the CLWC tournament I was so close I think I surprised myself and forgot to hold the damm handle. I love your wake. Man it was huge!!! I am going to throw another 600 pounds in my Tige' now! You inspired me!! LOL
Old    buttacup            04-12-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
That's a great idea Jonathan, can't wait to see them. Check your email.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
Ok, Sunday it is. C. Stack ya in? Lynsey, who else? This is the weekend of the pulled Tantrum, so if I have an hour set you all won't mind will you? LOL Bowling is done, so I have all day and night!! Let' Jeff Frew you heading out, I want another shot behind your awesome SAN!!!

Let me know. Cheers )
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
You know I was looking at the picture of Jeff from behind. Man look at the size of the back side of his wake!!!! That would put most boats to shame!! If it's like an ocean wave, probably not a perfect example, but anyway bottom line the front is huge!! From first hand experience it's true. 2000 pounds and some good old boys on board! Sick!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-13-2004, 9:27 PM Reply   
what time jonathan? i'll be riding crack-of-dawn early at elsi (prob 6:30a or earlier), so we'll be done around 9-10a. i could cruise by after that if you're out. love to see everyone. is nathan gonna wimp out again?
Old    iewc            04-13-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Jonathan, if you have room, i think myself an maybe Tim from CCC would like to ride. I know i would at least.
Geoff
(909) 917-7501
Old    buttacup            04-13-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
I'm in, wonder if the other fat sack (cough, cough, bethany) is able to go? Does Nate dogg get his hall pass? I don't mind if you take an hour set for your tanny, I'll be ready to take some crash pics, oops I mean landed tantrum pics.
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-14-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
You better belive this fat sack will be in for Sunday!!! Looking forward to it, maybe this time I won't be so rusty. I'm sure Tommy will be in as well. I will give you a call Jonathan...

Old    tomcjr25            04-14-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
I don't think my flight will get me down to the Back water in time...bummer!!!! I arrive at LAX at 10:54 in the morning, so I probably would be able to make it out until late afternoon. Is this going to be an all day excurison? I'd love to join up late day if possible.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-14-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Great pics again Jonathan.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-14-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Chris & Tommy, I think it's going to be crack of dawn again LOL, around 10 AM on the water by 10:30 AM. Could even squeze out at 9 AM, that depends on Nathan's baby watch status. Nathan is in this time. So Chris shoot over after your Elsi sets. Jim you in? mmmmm P,B&J!!!!

Geoff, would love to have you out with Tim some time. But I think this time we are looking pretty full. Looks like we have 5 to 6 already. I have the room, but 7 to 8 riders cuts the riding time by a lot if you know what I mean. Maybe next weekend.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-14-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
Jonathan,

Bumming I'm gonna be missing this one too. I'm gonna go up to the SVL tournament on Sunday (I figure that the SVL boys have been really cool, supporting us) ! I really wanna be there to see that tantrum! We gots to make time for rides! Will you be around Friday afternoon ?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
Anyone have room for Francisca and me for Saturday morning?
Old    buttacup            04-14-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
We'll miss you Frew, have a safe trip!
Old    norcal_99            04-14-2004, 11:47 PM Reply   
I like the color scheme and tower shape on that SAN above. The green and blue looks cool.
Old    buttacup            04-16-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hey Jonathan- Are we still on for Sun despite the forecast for rain on Sat? I did reply to your email but not sure if you received it or not, I'm guessing you've actually been working .
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-16-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
jonathan working? nah - he's just a slacker. :-)
Old    wakeboard_iraq            04-16-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
I think he is sleeping under his desk again. haha
Old    buttacup            04-16-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yes most likely, after he does those midnight runs he needs it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       04-16-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Man sorry you all, just got back from my run. Yes we are on, unless the weather is terrible. It's been so long since it rained I never even considered possibility. 10 AM bright and early at Nate Dogs! Lynsey, is Bethany going?

I have

C. Stack
J. Bottrell
Lynsey H. LOL
O'Beck
Nate Dog
JoeNathan

Sounds like a party to me, and no bowling to run off to either!!!
Old    buttacup            04-16-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
When I talked to her about it the other day she said yes and we were going to drive to natedoggs house together. No, she's not partying the night before so no hangover song this round. I'll be sure to bring the 80's music
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-16-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
I'm in I'm in!!!