Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-08-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
Okay, let me paint the picture.

You meet some nice folks online and go out wakeboarding with them for the first time one weekend. Everyone is pretty cool, and you have a great time riding. Ready to walk out the door, and after leaving a generous chunk of change for gas money (not to mention that you brought a case of beer over too), the boat owner asks if anyone has an extra rope so he can ride doubles with a friend of his. You think to yourself, "No big deal, I'll offer my rope. I'm sure I'll be out here riding with these guys again soon." Within a couple of weeks, you email the boat owner about getting your rope and he didn't get back to you - you then emailed a couple of his friends, and they said they'd mention to the boat owner about getting your rope back.

Fast forward 6 months.

You finally email the boat owner again and request that he mail your rope to you. He replies that your rope was broken while using it, and he will not be replacing it.

What would you do?

I guess I'm really at a loss here. I don't think I've ever met anyone who broke something of mine and didn't offer to replace it. If I borrowed my neighbor's weed eater and broke it, I'd buy him a new one. Hell, if it ran out of string I'd go pick up a new spool before returning it. Shouldn't to same apply to a wakeboarding rope? If I asked to use someone's board one day and it broke while I was riding it, I wouldn't say, "oh well, boards break. Sorry." and then not offer to at least HELP with replacing it.

Where is this so called "wakeboarding community" that everyone speaks of where everyone helps each other and we all work for the advancement of and camaraderie in this sport?

I'm not going to be specific with who this involves (although some reading this will know), and I don't even think posting this thread will do anything positive to help this situation (except give me some input on whether me being pissed about the sitution is justified or not), but I'm posting anyways.

Thanks for your input.