Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Do they actually have boats like in the poll that have a third wake running down the middle? If they do then how does it work cause i cant seem to picture it in my head.
Old    K.B.C.            02-07-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
no, I think the poll question spawned from the spine thread the other day. it takes two boats
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
No, those kind of boat exist, and it won't ever exhist, it's just a poll question. But I think it did spawn from the post Scott is talking about, I remember reading that a few days back.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-07-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
I think that would be a wakeskaters dream... not so much wake to clear for flip tricks.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
It would suck for those heelside heroes out there, another wake to cross to get to "your side" Another chance to fall and make a fool of yourself.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
i honestly think having a third "spine" wake in the middle would be insane. It would be sick for wakeskating and also for wakeboarding. I think there would be soo many sweet tricks you could do off of a spine with a flex board or something
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-07-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
""It would suck for those heelside heroes out there, another wake to cross to get to "your side" Another chance to fall and make a fool of yourself.""

Damn, thats a little harsh.. sorry not everyone can be as good as you... that some of us dont have a lot of time to wakeboard all the time. And we do it for fun so if that means being able to jump from one side the dont hate. Not everyone go out wakeboard several times a week and practice. So sorry for going out and having fun...
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-07-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
zac, you have to be kidding me right?
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Brandon... you have bashed the heelside hero on every thread you post on. Are you mad their bag of tricks are "bigger" and drop a few more panties then yours or what? I am with Zac.Ride for fun. If you stop and think about it everyone bag of tricks is bigger and better on one side
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-07-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
shane, i was thinking the same thing, lol
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
There could be a boat made with a permanent spine in the middle. You can't ever say it won't ever exist. If there was a demand for it, it would be made.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-07-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
You think it would take a catamaran style hull?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
That would most likely be the easiest.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-07-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
It's not a matter of time on the water, it's choosing to only work on your heelside tricks and neglecting your weak edge.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-07-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
true and I recently(last summer) became pretty consistent toeside. But I can only jump w2w toeside and pull off fs 180's My heelside has a much deeper bag of tricks. Then again I don't care what people think when they see me ride, I honostly have more fun going huge heelside than I do learning a new variation of a 180 on my toeside. Different strokes ya know. No reason to bash someone cause they're only "good" at heelside.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-07-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Wouldn't that be the same as people that can spin but can't do inverts or the oppisite. I can do alot of spinning (mostly 180's and 3's) but can only do a tantrum. I get so lost when I get upside down, I hate it. I need to do alot more tramp training.
Old     (wakefarmer)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-08-2008, 12:29 AM Reply   
MOGALS????????????????????????????????????????????
Old     (extremedave)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-08-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Third and fourth wakes / spines can be created by a boat with twin props, it occurs where the wash of each engine meets, its not very big but it does happen, i found this, it kinda shows what you can get, you need to wait til 2.20 to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LpV9qWK3u8
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
I told Chris from Epic boats about two years back they should build a boat with two hulls like a catamaran styled wakeboat. That way the wake would be wider and you'd always have a spine to hit as an option. It was just an idea but also if you had a wide tower covering the width of the catamaran boat and a system where the rope tie off point could slide side to side. Then you'd be able to get rid of the pendulem effect when your jumping the wake and get more distance.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-08-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
hmmm... that sounds interesting. The rope hitch sliding idea that is.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Jeremy, try it with two trampolines side by side if you ever get the chance. Tie off the rope in the middle of the two and jump from tramp to tramp. Then set up something where the rope can slide from side to side. There's no swinging feeling anymore. Less rope tension makes for tricks to look more snowboard like
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2008, 11:32 AM Reply   
Chris.... BRILLIANT!!!
Old    deltahoosier            02-08-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
On a trampoline the springs give you pop/ lift. On a boat the rope tension and the release of energy off the wake is what gives you the pop/ lift. If you did not have the energy build up you would not get elevation. Conservation of energy.

(Message edited by deltahoosier on February 08, 2008)
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
I still want to try it. Something like a 6ft wide track that mounts to the top of your tower. Inside the track you could have rollerblade wheels running the track mounted to the attachment point. If you wanted to get crazy you could setup a lever action system to lock it in place with pressure, when the pressure releases it slides.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-08-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
k i also think its lame learning trics from only one side of the wake but you dont have to make fun of them.
thats like someone who can speak 5 different languages making fun of a person who can only speak one, because they chose not to learn the others.

ps sorry for hijacking the thread i just dont like ppl hating for no reason
bad analogy, but its the only thing i could think of.

(Message edited by dnp33 on February 08, 2008)
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       02-08-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yeah Matt it would be cool! I've been hoping one day a boat company will do it. Even a catamaran hull would be dope for wakesurfing giving you a left and right wave. For wakeboarding, you'd still have rope tension as you hit the wake so that wouldn't change. Once in the air it doesn't really matter and the boat is still going forward. For the sliding tower, it'd be best to have a bend in it like a c shape curving out towards the rider. That way the rope wont just slide side to side but stay in whatever part of the curve the rider is pulling on. In the air it would feel like you are still being pulled by the middle of the boat. The hard part for a boat wide like that would be trailoring it. It'd have to get winched up on the trailor at a 45 degree angle so you could get it down the freeway.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
I only said something about heel side heroes on one thread, and I admitted that a good majority of my tricks also come from heelside.
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-10-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
brandon dont worry heelside heroes will still prevail all they have to do is just do some tricks switch heelside!
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
anyone see in transgression when the vandall jumps 2 boat wakes at once? that was unreal