Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old    wakeecliptict            11-16-2006, 3:23 AM Reply   
If you had a choice to buy a new setup what would you buy. Shane Bonifay's 07 board or the new Ronix (the one) Danny's board, and why would you buy eather one? and what makes one better then the other?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-16-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
If you buy the Shane you will be able to do some sick nose presses, but if you buy the One you will be able to spin 1080s. It's really just you choice!
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-16-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
drew - hey thanks for nothing on that one. keep boosting your post count.

Paul - you can't go wrong with the Shane. I don't know how many people have ridden the ONE, but I know a lot of people who have ridden the shane, including myself, and I think it's one of the best shapes to date. Plus the '07 shane graphic is nice.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Welcome to WW Paulie. You should put a pic of your boat up, it looks pretty badass. I think I have seen you out on the chain before.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-16-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have ridden them both. I am going with the Shane board with Ronix One boots. The One board feels a little more locked in which I am not a fan of. The Shane is more of a snow feel.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, go with the Shane, I think its more forgiving. Where did you get your boat? I like the different graphics.
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-16-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Spencer - you thought the shane was loose? I thought it tracked so hard, it seemed like it took forever to release off the wake.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
The shane has cupped fins and a spine down the center so when your riding flat its loose in nuetral and as soon as you get on edge the cupped fins lock in for a strong yet effortless edge. Its the perfect board to meet in the middle. I rode the 136 last year and it was awsome but havent ridden the ONE.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-16-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
Things I would base my opinion on:

First, and priority over all, is test riding each board. What ever one suits your style of riding, buy... we can't tell you which board you will like better.

But I would also base my decision on, if I couldnt test ride the boards, things such as price, a deal if you can get on either board, graphics, and the warranty. If one local shop sells Ronix and the other sells LF, check the reputations on both shops. Check the warranty availability on both... I have heard of shops that when you take your board back to the shop for warranty, they just set it in the back room for months and it just gathers dust. Look at things like that. Ask the shop you are planning on buying the board from if you don't like the board, can you bring the board back and get either cash back, or in-store credit.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-16-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Why the Shane and the One? Are these simply your favorite riders?
Old    wakeecliptict            11-16-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
yea Shane Bonifay is like my only favorite rider besides his brother but the one is like top notch to with shane's new board but the problems with shanes board is when you edge heelside into the wake it seems so fast and I'm looking for the biggest pop
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-17-2006, 5:29 AM Reply   
yeah i rode the subjekt since the first one(2002) and last year the new shane came out and it was such a better board i like it and always have liked his boards
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-17-2006, 11:00 AM Reply   
Did someone say something about boosting post counts?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-17-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I advise against buying any board because of your favorite rider. Just because Shane rips doesn't mean his board is good for you.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            11-17-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I agree with J-Rod, demo all brands of boards and see what feels best to YOU, dont buy a board because its riddin by your favorite rider!!
just my .02 cents
Old     (young)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   

quote:

I advise against buying any board because of your favorite rider.

Paul - if your favorite rider's riding inspires you, and you want to ride the board he rides, then there's no reason why you shouldn't just buy it. There may be a better board out there for you, but don't let someone tell you that you shouldn't buy a pro model just because it's endorsed my your favorite rider.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
Speaking of new setups, does anyone know with the 07 LF line coming out did they make the witness board in a 140. I checked the actual LF site and the sizes jump from 136 to 144, which to me is a huge difference.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-17-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
it comes in a 132, 136, 140, and 144. I\
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-20-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
thanks dave
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-20-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
"if your favorite rider's riding inspires you, and you want to ride the board he rides, then there's no reason why you shouldn't just buy it."

Bad advice!!