Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-12-2009, 7:40 AM Reply   
Guys,
I'm in the market for a bimini top. I'm going to buy something within the next couple of weeks. I came across this cargo rack bimini from monster tower. What do ya'll think?

Upload

Link: http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-cargo-rack-bimini.aspx

This is the boat it will be going on. Any other suggestions for good (less expensive) options? Thank you,

Upload
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-12-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
I was looking at that one before I purchased mine. Monster makes quality stuff so I'm sure it holds up well. You may also want to check out towerbiminis.com, which is what I just installed a couple of weeks ago. You can purchase directly from them, but the last time I checked they charged shipping. I ordered mine from onlyinboards.com and I don't think he charges for shipping. Call, both and compare prices. They may also already have a pattern for your Tower and if not they have a template to use for measurements.

Moon
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
Have had a monster bimini for about 3 years now and it holds up real nice.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2009, 5:00 AM Reply   
Thanks moon, I've asked for a quote from onlyinboards. I'm thinking I want the cargo style if the price is similar to the monster price.

Matt, is your bimini the cargo style and if so do you have any pictures?

Anyone else have the cargo style monster bimini? I'd love to see some customer photos.
Old     (standardboatco)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-13-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
Here is a picture of the Monster MT1 with the Monster Cargo Bimini. Overall I am very impressed with the quality and value Monster products offer. I will post an update when the tower returns from powder coat.
Upload
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-13-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Wow - what a difference that tower makes on that boat! I like it very much.
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
mallenger, did you end up buying the Monster Cargo Bimini? Does anyone know what its length is? Is there a difference in length between the small and the medium?
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-18-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
I haven't purchased it yet, but I believe I will this week if I don't find some thing else I like better. I think the only difference between large and small is the width... If you go to this page it tells you how to measure your tower to determine which size you need.

http://www.monstertower.com/Home/MeasuringforaWakeboardTowerBiminiRack/tabid/676/Default.aspx
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-18-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Check out this discussion link down below yours:

Tower Bimini's - Anyone made one? (DIY)
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
I got an email from Monster Tower, to answer my question, the Cargo Bimini is 67" long, regardless of width (small or medium).
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
Mallenger,
I just install the medium cargo bimini on my boat. I have a 95 Prostar with an aftermarket tower and it looks great. Easy install and very strong design. I have 4 tower speakers and still have plenty head room with three kneeboards on the top of the bimini. I will snap some pics and let you check it out.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-21-2009, 5:08 AM Reply   
Thanks Mike. I look forward to checking out your pictures.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
Yes Mike or Phil please post MANY more pics! Different angles and with boards loaded up on the rack if possible!

Phil good luck with Standard why did you choose closed bow design? Very interesting.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       05-21-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Here are some Pics

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload