Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-18-2007, 3:37 PM Reply   
I don't really see many boats with decent stereos that don't involve tower speakers. I could care less about music when riding, impressing other people, etc. I just want my boat's stereo to be loud and sound good. I know that you can't make a boat sound like a car because it's not enclosed, but do I have to have tower speakers? Could I just get a nice deck, 2 amps, subs, and good components like I would put in a car, all for slightly more than some top of the line tower speakers?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
sure you can rock without tower speakers. i use ours at the cove, more than for riding.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
If you don't want to hear music while riding, you don't need tower speakers. Your money would be better spent on some higher end speakers and amps. Your system will most likely sound better and should be plenty loud if just hangin out or cruising. I love my tower speakers, but turn them off if no one is riding.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-18-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
I love my Tower Speakers. Then again, I need them to push myself out on the water. How are you really going to charge into the wake without your favorite song on and all the chicks dancing to it? If you don't want tower speakers, don't get them. But don't be surprised if you decide you want them down the road. I did the same thing. I just got a couple speakers up top (4) because my boat only had a few spots to mount cabin speakers, now a new amp, full rewire, and 4 speakers later, I am happy for at least this summer. I was the type that always went back for more/better stuff even when it was concerning my car. Don't be surprised if you want the tower speakers later. They also work great for the ladies dancing on the sun deck.
Old     (el1070)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
How well can you hear the tower speakers from the bow of the boat? I want to get some but my tower swoops back so far that the speakers would be hanging over the rear seat. I have seen the two way facing speakers but I dont know how good something sounds coming out of an aluminum can.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Why would you want to hear your tower speakers in the bow?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
even if you have speakers in the bow i would unhook them. not everyone likes to rock all the time, or at all. chicks, kids, people on the phone like a quieter spot. i know sometimes i even want to get out of rockville
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
a different take on tower speakers
Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
WOAH WHAT!! Details
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
i posted this a while ago...
my friend did it for his daughters new v210 sanger...

heres a couple of the build
Upload
Upload
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-18-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
If you do not have tower speakers you can barely hear the music at all if you are swimming around the boat or hanging out on the platform.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
On my boat you can hear the cabin speakers when the boat is 50 yards away turning around to pick me up after I've wiped out.
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-19-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
Get some good cabin speakers, like polk, and a good amp to push them. Also a sub and amp. Thats all you need if you dont want to hear it while riding. It's got enough power that we can turn it up and hear it while surfing if we want to.
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-19-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
the downward facing speakers are a neat idea , but no way they would sound good without some kind of enclosure !!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
i don't have a pro audio setup, but we enjoy the hell outta some tower speakers. surfin, cruisin, swimming. can hear so much better from the tower.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Jeremy H. Hate to let you know but it is the best sounding boat I have heard. I know because I am the owner of the boat. I thought at first it would not have the same possibilities as tower speakers but this really rocks! great sound and inside of the boat it really makes difference.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
hey nathan!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Chicks don't normally congregate around 4 6.5's inside your boat.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Come on sam it is not size but quality!!!!! this is truly a great sounding stereo I will post all of the pics when I get them downloaded. Besides I dont need any hood rats (chicks) hanging on my boat, I have a wife ! and she is the only girl I need. Check in with my space if your in need of a chick. good luck.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
What up Andy !
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
first off, tower speakers look much cooler!! like sam said, they're also a good chick magnet and head turner. i started with 4 kicker 6.5" components amped up inside the boat. sounded great, could hear it from far away but way too much inside the boat. i wanted to hear when i was riding and sound outside rather than inside. hence tower speakers. just installed a sub yesterday and it's even better now.
es muy bueno
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I can see your a tower lover thats cool but we did not want to take away from the looks of the boat. We are thinking about later adding some cans for the riders but for now we are extremely happy with the sound that it puts out. with the 6x9's up top and the others in the boat along with the sub it really cranks !!!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
nathan post some better pics the ones i had are not very complete...

and this system is not for everybody...but it is sleek and unique and custom designed for the owners of the boat...not to please anybody but them...custom to their specs it is matched with the exact same fabric as accents the boats interior...

nathan, IMO, don't take any of the negative comments as having any validity. they are very self centered comments. you know the reactions you get from people who see it and hear it...its only complements in person...and no one else has one just like it.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
I will when I get them from jim.... Sorry ryan to get off your original subject hope you see all of the different styles out there...
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
Come one Nathan...no straight man is going to turn down a heard of sexy bed thrashers dancin on the back of his boat...married or not. you may get soem s*it for it but you gotta work thru that on your own time.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
you must be single Sam
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
believe it or not...nope. someone has to deal with me on a daily basis.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-19-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with a decent Kenwood deck, Polk components in the front, Polk Momo 2-ways in the back, and a Fosgate 4 way amp. Subs in the near future, and I probably will get tower speakers eventually, but we'll go in stages for now, too many other things I want...
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-19-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
And as for the chick magnet discussion, I may be married, but there's nothing wrong with attracting chicks, just call it "helping out the single bros in the boat." Also, since my friends keep telling me to pimp out the stereo, I'll say a $100 buy in from the regular guys sounds like a good way to bring the cost down.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-19-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
man, im totally digging nathans setup. Looks so stealth .. gives me some really good ideas for my own tower.. I have a wetbox with 4 6x9s right now but adding some speakers facing into the boat around the tower would be sweet..

Its a great setup Nathan. its original and looks sharp! Way to think out of the box (literally)
Old    redneckonaboard06            06-19-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
Here's a shot of mine before it was all finsihed. Not the greatest looking box, but its something different and fairly loud Upload