Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-21-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
I accidentally posted this in the wrong section. so here it is again.

I picked up my new Enzo 244 from Family Powersports in Weatherford, TX. Dropping it off at Earmark tomorrow for new WS system. I love this boat. The new layout makes the interior huge! I can wait to surf it!
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-21-2011, 11:52 PM Reply   
Beautiful Boat Bro! CONGRATS!! Cant wait to surf that soon!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2011, 12:08 AM Reply   
The layout really is huge in the new setup. Looks great, post up pics of the wake when you get it dialed.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-22-2011, 5:32 AM Reply   
Amazing boat, I'm sure it throws a sick wave.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-09-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
I got the boat back today and thought I would post some pics of the upgrades I had done over the winter (Wet Sounds System,LEDs, 5,000lbs custom ballast under the seats, tower lights, etc). Sorry for the crappy pics. I also would like to give a nod to Tige, I borrowed the idea of painting the speaker cans from them. Now if it would quit raining, I could get some surfing in.
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2012, 11:39 PM Reply   
That looks very cool, but I have to ask, did you say 5000 lbs of ballast under seats? how is that configured? Sounds pretty insane to me, gonna be fun to see that wake. When are you testing it out?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-12-2012, 3:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
That looks very cool, but I have to ask, did you say 5000 lbs of ballast under seats? how is that configured? Sounds pretty insane to me, gonna be fun to see that wake. When are you testing it out?
Yea, it has approximately 5,000lbs under the seats and it all fills/empties at push of button. I hope to get it in the water any day. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate. I will shoot some video once I get it dialed in.

Ballast System:
500 quick fill (on each side)
950lbs back locker (on each side)
650lbs under side seat (on each side)
300lbs center tank
500lbs bow sac

Total: 5,000lbs

Note: The back locker sacs are 1,100lbs. I am estimating that I will get about 950lbs in it.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-12-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
Yea, it has approximately 5,000lbs under the seats and it all fills/empties at push of button. I hope to get it in the water any day. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate. I will shoot some video once I get it dialed in.

Ballast System:
500 quick fill (on each side)
950lbs back locker (on each side)
650lbs under side seat (on each side)
300lbs center tank
500lbs bow sac

Total: 5,000lbs

Note: The back locker sacs are 1,100lbs. I am estimating that I will get about 950lbs in it.
Lake...seriously you have upped up the ante!

Have you considered winning that Slayshtank competition for biggest wave? Seriously, send some pics in. It'd be game over LOL
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-12-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
I thought I should add, that you can now order a 2012 Enzo 244/233 nearly with my set up. Centurion has an option now for PlugNPlay in the back lockers (driven by a single pump and manual flow valve) and I believe the side sacs are now 650lbs. The only thing you would have to do is buy your own locker sacs (Fly High has a specific sac which is around 720lbs, or you could get the 750lbs or 1.110lbs standard sacs)

My boat did not come with the PlugNPlay, so I added a dedicated pump to each locker and ran the overflow lines to the opposite side so.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-12-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Yes, Brett Potts showed us that at the show, and I have video of him explaining it on a 244. Plan on having that up this week some time. Plug n play like that is def the way to go I think for the manufacturers. They can plumb it and allow us to put the weight we want in. That is what I did with our RZ2 and the Z3 will be similar, its a great way to provide flexibility without dealing with liability and such.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-27-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
So I have been trying to figure out how to hang a few more surfboards on Gladiator tower. Thanks to Pipers new racks, I got it figured out. I had a cross bar fabbed and then mounted Piper's racks to it. The cross bar is mounted to the upper mount tower speaker location. The pics have only two boards, but I believe there is room for 2 in each rack. The clearance under the boards is around 6' 3 " and these do fit under the bimini.

The racks are currently at the paint guy getting sprayed the same red as the speaker cans. I think this mod turned out pretty good.
Attached Images

Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-27-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
Looks great Jeff!

Add to your xmas list a small 3 step ladder; a big upgrade from the dinning room tables :thumbsup:

T
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-27-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorg7 View Post

Add to your xmas list a small 3 step ladder; a big upgrade from the dinning room tables :thumbsup:

T
I have one. Shannon has it in her closet so you she can reach all of her shoes! So I am stuck with the kitchen table chair.
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-28-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
I have one. Shannon has it in her closet so you she can reach all of her shoes! So I am stuck with the kitchen table chair.
That's funny

T
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-27-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
This is the best boat step ladder I have seen. Used quite often at boat shows. I bought one after my wife slipped getting into my 24ft Enzo. A little pricey but well worth the money. I got the 3 step model. Use it mainly for getting into the boat while it is on the trailer.
http://www.blythenterprises.com.au/little_jumbo.htm

Last edited by packrat; 03-27-2012 at 5:55 PM. Reason: Edit
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-28-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
I was looking at this again Lake and I was thinking that surf rack seems so sturdy that you could probably even trailer with the boards up there. Might be scary to try at first though
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-29-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
That is a really great idea on the board racks. We have been looking for a way to get the boards up and still keep them under the bimini. Great idea and install! What is the brand and model of the board racks?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite95 View Post
That is a really great idea on the board racks. We have been looking for a way to get the boards up and still keep them under the bimini. Great idea and install! What is the brand and model of the board racks?
Chris

I bought the racks from Piper on Centurion Crew. I had the cross bar fabbed locally. You wont be able to have speakers on the top mounts like you currently have. Here is the link to Piper's racks (they are made very well).

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...ead-surf-rack/
Old     (Elite95)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-29-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-29-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
lake, looks good, question on your stereo, did you keep your vsr switch where your batteries are, or did you change it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-29-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Pretty cool with the racks. Looks easier than putting on top of the bimini.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
Pretty cool with the racks. Looks easier than putting on top of the bimini.
it definitely is since the tower is 7' and I am vertically challenged. I have over 6' of clearance at the lowest level. Could work well on the Tige tower if you have the 7' option. Probably not that great if you have a 6' tower.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-30-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks My wet sounds is on the way and I want to get started. I love the racks but I pulled the trigger and got 2 sets of rev10 so no room for the racks