Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-30-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
I'm sure theres a million threads on it, but I'm lazy.

Looking for a bow sack for my Axis a22 to compliment the plug-n-play.

Suggestions?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-30-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrtnDan View Post
I'm sure theres a million threads on it, but I'm lazy.

Looking for a bow sack for my Axis a22 to compliment the plug-n-play.

Suggestions?
We could, but we're lazy...
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-30-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Well played....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-30-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
www.wakemakers.com
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-30-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
Man you are lazy. A simple google search would have been easier than this forum post. That is unless you used Siri to write it. You have two options.

You can go with the Fly High Axis Bow Sac or you can wait for the Straight Line Axis Bow Sac to arrive next year. If you have time it will be worth the wait for weight.
Old     (prion)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-30-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
What is the straight line axis bow sac consist of? You have my interest sir.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-30-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
It will be a Straight Line Sumo Axis Bow sac with the newer 1" ports and more capacity. The biggest complaint from hardcore riders was that they had to use the Fly High Axis Bow bag and an additional bag in the bow as well. Hopefully this new bag will minimize the need to use the auxiliary bow bag.

Since Liquid Force hooked up with Axis for the official boat of BroStock they have a vested interested in perfecting the wake. Tim from Liquid Force has been dialing their A20 and A22 boats in. Between the Straight Line Flat Sac and Straight Line Axis Bow Sac the wake is legit.
Old     (BrtnDan)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-30-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
I already have the plug-n-play....is the fly high axis bow sac in addition to?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
I thought that is what you were asking. So you have the front pnp sack under the seats and want to know what would be a good bow sack to add on top?

Easy answer, 1000 bow bag, fill it as much or little as possible. Another easy answer, 650 bow sack. Better answer... we need to know your exact weight set up you have now, motor, prop, and if you use wedge and then recommendations will flood in.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-30-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
The Axis does not come with the bow sac installed from the factory even when you order the boat with the added plumbing for the Auxiliary ballast bags. Both the Fly High and Straight Line bags will use your included Plug & Play hardware for a clean install.

http://media.wakemakers.com/2011/04/...-installation/
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-03-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
I thought that is what you were asking. So you have the front pnp sack under the seats and want to know what would be a good bow sack to add on top?

Easy answer, 1000 bow bag, fill it as much or little as possible. Another easy answer, 650 bow sack. Better answer... we need to know your exact weight set up you have now, motor, prop, and if you use wedge and then recommendations will flood in.
That is the best solution if you are going to slam the boat.

Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       12-03-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
Side question*
does having sacs on top of upholstery do any damage? I'd figure it would accelerate seams being destroyed but see them a lot.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-03-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy10 View Post
Side question*
does having sacs on top of upholstery do any damage? I'd figure it would accelerate seams being destroyed but see them a lot.
I would assume any weight on the seats will age the vinyl and start to stretch the seams. Don't add any ballast or people and the interior will appear new for years.

I personally haven't had any short term issues with sacs on seats. I only did it in a single boat for a time span of four years. After that time the under seat bracing was still intact and the seat cushions didn't look any different than the side that we didn't surf on.

With this said Axis doesn't have the most robust fit and finish so hard to say how they will react to the added stress of getting awesome.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-03-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
in terms of the interior and ballast, i would assume it does less damage than say a 200 lb persons foot or knee or butt because of the even distribution over a large area

Last edited by simplej; 12-03-2012 at 4:26 PM.