Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-13-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
I've been wakesurfing for about 5 years now and just haven't been able to progress to the level that I wanted to on the various boards that I have owned so I decided to sell a few of them and buy a new board. I wanted something that would allow me and my friends to get some air, even though we are all 185 - 220 lbs, something fast and something that we could kick back and not have to work so hard on. So I sold my Inland Yellow Loogey and our Phase 5 Prop and decided to go with The Walker Project. I called up Dennis and he told me about a new model for this year and it sounded perfect, the 4'9" Bomb Pop. How could you go wrong with a name like that? I took delivery about 2 weeks ago and I have to say, I couldn't be happier.

On my old boards, I was nowhere near figuring out how to get air and after only 2 times out on this board, I feel like I am already getting close! The board is stupid fast, most of the time I am riding on my back foot and then when you want to go, it goes! My brother who is 220 just can't believe that he is able to ride a board that is this agile, this light and this fast at his weight! I will keep updating this thread as the season goes on but I just wanted to get my initial impressions and some quick pics out there so people could get their orders in now!

If you are looking for a board to compare it to, I would say it's really close to a Soulcraft Jetty but has a little more rocker (maybe?) as it doesn't pearl as easy.

Here's a couple of pics, I am close to going vertical...hopefully in a few weeks I can post a real picture up! Thanks to The Walker Project and Dennis Horton for making my summer a whole lot more fun!
Attached Images