Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       12-31-2011, 8:44 AM Reply   
so whats up with them still holding out on the dates for this year? anyone know any other info?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-31-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'll pray to Allah that they bring it back to lake Powell! But I know Allah can't even pull that off...
Ohh jihad...
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-31-2011, 1:14 PM Reply   
I dont know how it was at Powell, but I do like how they take over the whole town of Bull Shoals. That town lets them do whatever they want. This year, the events could have been planned out a little better but what can you really expect. The first year was planned out alot better.

Highlight of the weekend was the bowling ball toss contest at the bowling alley.
Old     (MylesK)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-02-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
I plan on making it to Brostock this year if it's somewhere near me here in Oklahoma... so it better be Bull Shoals again! I'm trying to jump on it right when they announce it so I can possibly rent a house boat or something there. If that is not the case where do you all suggest shacking up at?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
I have heard it is going to be at the Lake of the Ozarks... not sure why they would move from Bull Shoals as it was a blast.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-04-2012, 6:27 PM Reply   
I don't know why they would move it from Bull Shoals to Lake of the Ozarks. I have never been to Lake of the Ozarks but I have heard it's a great party lake. The downside being, I heard that it's a super busy lake and tough to find good water to ride on. I'm hoping they keep it at Bull Shoals. If they were looking for a lake with more resorts I would have suggested Table Rock before Lake of the Ozarks. Regardless, I am going as long as it's in the Midwest somewhere.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-05-2012, 3:30 AM Reply   
This is terrible news. I can't think of a worse lake in the country for this event. I was there once and swore i would never be back. Choppy water, tons of guys with mullets on obnoxiuosly loud Baja's driving around hammered drunk. I understand the party atmosphere side of it, but come on, seems to me like this was never an issue for the dedicated wake fans of Brostock. Now i fear just a big drunkfest with horrible conditions for the pros and no riding for the faithful that come to spectate and ride. Big mistake on Liqiud's behalf in my eyes.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
FYI, BullShoals Boat Dock gave me the scoop and a quick google search turned this up....
http://outcoldmarketing.com/blog/
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-05-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Whoa!!!! Did you say "Killer After Parties"?!?!?!

OutCold sounds like they are going to kill BroStock
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-05-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
I guess from someone in a business suit looking to make money from a marketing perspective its a fantastic idea. Tons of people, you got that right, but from a wakeboarders perspective... a complete failure, maybe the pro's conditions won't be too bad if everything is really roped off, but good luck at taking your towboat out on that mess or let alone trying to find riding conditions. Brostock was always an on the water event, why did they have to sell out and turn it into a business venture? No disrespect Fritz, as I understand your position, It's just not right to people who have a passion for riding.
Old     (aaron_grace)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-05-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Hey everyone!!!

There has not been any set location yet, Ozarks is an option, but it has not been set in stone. Liquid Force is hoping to have an official press release of dates and location in the next couple weeks. As always, with an event like this there are always a few hick ups, but but we are currently getting these ironed out... Fritz is a good friend of ours here at LF and he is just stepping in to help with some of the promotions and to help make the event better for everyone involved. Trust me when I say that we have the riders in mind and, LF above anyone, want to make sure we have the best possible conditions for the athletes. And of course, we also want to cater to the spectators, if you guys aren't having the best possible time and watching the best wakeboarding in the world, then why host an event like this.

And like always, this event is free to everyone involved!!!

Please stay tuned for location, dates and more details. www.liquidforce.com/brostock
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-05-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
fritzwake = jumping the gun = blowing it big time. Haha.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-05-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update Aaron, I know of two houseboats full of people that were planning on backing out with the Ozark option... i'll let them know to keep their fingers crossed.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
Table Rock or back to Bull Shoals!!!
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-05-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Although admittedly biased, I think BROstock at Lake Ozark would be a success. There is already a solid base of riders from casual to competitive, it is closer to civilization, it would expose the event to a whole new group of people and I'd be able to attend from home. If they were to have it here, I'm sure they'd find a way to set up a temporary no wake zone in an area to ensure calm water for the mountainous double ups (is that oxymoronic?). Plus as mentioned the nightlife has a bit to offer by way of sights and sounds. There is no argument that Bull Shoals and Table Rock offer calmer water, but what Lake O lacks in available butter it makes up for in accommodations/accessibility (calm water can be found...just have to know where to look). Finally, the bulk of the powerboaters will be resting up for the weekend after BROstock for their annual poker run.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-05-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
"fritzwake = jumping the gun = blowing it big time. Haha."

fritzwake's posts have been deleted and likely now he will be summoned before the comrade Putin of wake things.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
You'd be surprised to find out just how much help and growth OutColdMarketing has done for multiple wake/snow related companies and events, as well as lining up major outside of wakeboarding market company interest/sponsorships, which bring more resources to wakeboard events. A lot of the time they are behind the scenes so you wouldn't notice what all they've helped out with that you might have even attended. OCM involvement can only help things.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-05-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
"And like always, this event is free to everyone involved!!! "

Boy, Id almost rather pay to watch it and have it at a place like Shoals or Table Rock where there is some butter, than a rough ass lake with powerboaters.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
The reason I liked going to Brostock was the fact that it was a great event to watch and was located on a lake that allowed you to ride some during the free time. I just don't see that happening at Lake of the Ozarks. Not that I don't like to do a little partying, it's just not at the top of the list for attending this event. I have to say that I am not as excited this year as i have been in years past, but my intention is go and give it a chance.
Old     (knot2gud)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-05-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
I'm sure it can't be easy putting together an event of this magnitude, hell, it takes our crew weeks to figure out the details of how much beer we're bring to BroStock (never enough); but the Lake of the Ozarks doesn't lend itself to a great weekend of riding. I can see a great deal of land based partying, but I know we travel for some serious riding time with good friends and watching the Pros kill some DU's. I guess we were spoiled at Bull Shoals with the ridiculous amount of butter to shred, and a long weekend camping on the water, but that's what made it great! My experience with the Lake of the Ozarks was a lot of water over the bow and a long, early morning ride to find smooth water---crappy! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a better location...
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-06-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
I emailed this thread to a Lake Ozark resident (who does not follow WW). Predictable reaction. Reprinted here without permission.

My god what a bunch of whiney panty wastes!!! These bozo's don't know anything about Lake of the Ozarks and they are crying because something might be different. They are obviously too stupid to know that you can find glass any day of the week if you know where to go. I know of a number of areas where this event could easily be held and if advertised correctly it would have a HUGE following of people that would come check it out both by land and water. These morons are thinking that they would put this event in the main channel in the busiest area of the lake. If they did that, it would be a failure. They are too stupid to realize that Lake O is 100 miles long and has more shoreline than Lake Michigan or the Coast of California. With all of the coves it has it would not be too hard to find a place to hold the event. I guess they aren't familiar with a real lake so maybe they would be better off staying home and wallowing in their own little puddles so they don't get lost on the big bad lake.

Just my rant. Kind of sounds like one of the post doesn't it?
N-

Last edited by john211; 01-06-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: removed italics
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-06-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Oh, and for those unfamiliar with Lake of the Ozarks, e-coli happens.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-06-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Actually no, I don't think anyone thought they were going to hold it in the main lake area. In fact, the announcement stated they were going to hold it at Captain Ron's, which is in a cove, but to me is a giant tourist trap with a pirate theme ARGHHHHHHH MATEY'S. I've been to a out of the way cove at Ozarks before at 6 am in June and yeah I had rideable conditions for a solid 9 minutes. Gimme a break, any rider that has ever been there would agree that it's the worst lake in the U.S. for wakeboarding. Sure you could get up at the crack of dawn on any lake and catch a decent run, but on vacation, after drinking beer all night beforehand, nah. However, take Bullshoals for instance, you could find decent water at 4 on a sunday afternoon with Brostock in town. The poor Ozark resident just doesn't know any better.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-07-2012, 12:36 AM Reply   
I think the idea is that Brostock is an event that you can enjoy and still have no problem finding the water you need if you want to ride. You didn't have to search for it. I think it would be a blast at Lake of the Ozarks, the only problem being, you won't find the water as easily as you could in years past. There are several that attend because they look forward to riding as much as they want to see the pros in action. At the same time you know that good water is only seconds away. The party and the pros are only part of the draw...a big part is the butter that you can find right around the corner. Not going to happen in the Ozarks. This is what set it apart from the Pro Tour in the past.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-31-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
So I see its being held at the Ozarks according to a press release today paired with Axis boats.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-31-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/liq...ts-x-brostock/
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-31-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Gonna be awesome really hoping that I can make it!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-31-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
The guys and gals at Oout Cold Marketing are some of the raddest people on the planet, I wasn't planning on heading to BroStock, but now I think I will have to!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-31-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
I will definitely be attending!
Old     (fritzwake)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-31-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Riley! Love the support! We will for sure be putting on one killer event this year! http://www.outcoldmarketing.com/blog...of-the-ozarks/
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-31-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Capt Ron's at Sunrise Beach?
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-31-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
I'll chime in, as I own a home on Lake of the Ozarks and spend 90% of my time wakeboarding when on the water.

the lake is huge. It started as osage river and was damned up, creating 92 miles of the main spine and 3 major branches (each roughly 15 miles long), not to mention hundreds and hundreds of smaller branches and coves. the main spine is made up of osage arm (MM 92-32) and then the 'main channel' (MM32-0).

Captain rons is at MM 34. The vast majority of people think only of MM 0-32 (main channel) when you mention lake of the ozarks. Thats were 90% of the resorts/bars/business's are located. The main channel and most branches/coves in that stretch are horrible water unless you know where and when to look, and chances are good coves will be full of party boaters no welcoming to watersports. Outside of that area good water can be found a consistent basis. Captain rons is right on the cusp and during peak hours will not be good.

but like others have said, good water can be found. Our area is calm water, if not glass, all day long for 8 miles in either direction, however the water is muddy throughout the lake and e.coli is in almost every cove from MM 0-32. Bull Shoals is far cleaner and glass is guaranteed, but a trek for anyone to get to.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-01-2012, 7:06 AM Reply   
anyone renting a houseboat for brostock? or have any ideas from previous years how you got from the airport to the lake if your not 25 to rent a car?

Last edited by k2rider2690; 02-01-2012 at 7:09 AM. Reason: add
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-01-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Sorry, I wanted to know where the tournament was being held. Is it going to be near Capt Ron's?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-01-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Lets see ... wife is due to give birth May 21st.... needs roughly 4 weeks before she can ride afterwards (according to dr)... Might be a good way for her to start her riding season... PLUS it will be a lot closer this year.....

Now... we are gonna need a babysitter...LOL
Old    newc048            02-01-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Who's planning on renting a lake house? Or are most people planning on just staying in hotels? I've been checking out a few lake houses this morning near sunshine beach and hoping I can find something reasonable!
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-01-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
if it's really at captain rons. then linn creek has 2 campgrounds with waterfront sites for boat camping
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       02-01-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
just booked my houseboat for my crew! Cant wait for brostock hopefully this lake is just a fun
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-02-2012, 5:26 AM Reply   
Has the location of the tournament on the lake been confirmed?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
The last even was more of a water based event where all the pros were on houseboats, etc. Will this make it more of a land based event then?
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-02-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
The last even was more of a water based event where all the pros were on houseboats, etc. Will this make it more of a land based event then?
looking at captain ron's facebook page update on 1/27, it says 'Welcome BROSTOCK 2012!!! Mark your calendars for June 15th & 16th. Come watch the top 25 Wake Boarders in the WORLD!'

Guessing it's going to be directly in front of captain rons, since they say 'come watch'?
Here's an ariel of the area, taken during the 2011 shootout (boat races). captain rons is brown roof in middle bottom with swim beach.

Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-02-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Looks like if I make it down I will be coming on my own. I don't mind camping but if anyone wants some cash and has room on a houseboat or lakefront place for one more let me know. Probably won't be down till really late friday night. Live near chicago and have to work till 2:30 that friday.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-02-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
Where did you book your houseboat at Mike?
Old     (lennyp0456)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-02-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_sledge View Post
Where did you book your houseboat at Mike?
I'm Mikes friend who got the house boat from him.

We rented from http://lakeoftheozarksmarina.com/
Old     (lennyp0456)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-02-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
I really hope not considering we just booked a houseboat...
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-09-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
I don't understand. The Mastercraft Pro Tour announced a stop at Tablerock the same weekend as( the last unofficial announcement for) the date of Brostock. Who is Brostock going to get for competitors when they are tentatively scheduled for the same dates as a tour stop. Man, what the hell is going on at Liquid Force? Epic failure this year on what use to be wakeboarding's best event.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-09-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
Not positive on this, but I believe that the PWT is in Ft. Worth on June 1-2, the PWT is in Branson MO the next weekend on June 8-9, and then BroStock is the following weekend at Lake of the Ozarks on June 15-16.
Old     (Bignate)      Join Date: May 2011       02-09-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
I live at the "lake of the ozark" and I was told that it will be here and the dates would be June 14-16.
I think that it will work out great here yes we are a very busy lake but we have learned how to block out the wakes so we can maintain the cove that we are holding the event at.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-09-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
My bad, i thought that sounded screwed up.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-14-2012, 10:50 PM Reply   
Got my spot locked in.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
I am in the process of getting our place booked. I cannot wait for summer to get here to do some riding. It's tough planning things like this knowing it's going to be weeks before we can ride.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-18-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
My crew decided to go to Bull Shoals even without Brostock, screw Lake of the Ozarks you guys can have it while we shred butter in Bull Shoals.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-04-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Who's ready to go! I know that I can't wait
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
I'd consider going if it wasn't all the way up at Captain Rons.
Old     (STLBlues4)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-04-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
I'll be at the PWT next weekend in Branson, but not going to Brostock. Don't feel like fighting the crowds at the ozarks
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-18-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
How was it?
Old     (jake23l)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-18-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
It was a great time. The party was awesome and the wakeboarding was pretty good. Conditions sucked as you can imagine but the riders did a great job overcoming it. Lots of idiots out there but I didn't see anyone get hurt and I think most everyone there had a good time. Here are just a few pictures I pulled off my camera last night...
Attached Images

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-18-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Oh My Goooodness at that green bikini....wow is all i can say..
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-18-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Haven't been to previous one's, but thought it was good. We had great water and rides on our way to the event. Wind picked up though through the day and caused some havoc with the boat line. It's like anchoring is an unknown art form.

One thing to improve on next year IMHO....The event was being announced over a FM station, which was awesome cause we could tune in and hear what was going on, however when the announcer wasn't talking it was just static for minutes which led to boats turning on their own music. It would of been perfect if a dj was playing music on that fm station and then went mute when the announcer talked, kind of like how our wetsounds mic on the 420 works. I think they figured this out 1/2 way through the day, but was too late at that point.

Old     (jake23l)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-18-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
No kidding on the havoc with the boat line. I don't know how many people tried to tie up with me without having proper bumpers and an anchor. There was all kinds of chaos because people were unprepared. Next year it might be a good idea to have a few good tie off buoys on the corners instead of just the one.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-18-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
Well, who won? What trick?
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-18-2012, 12:42 PM Reply   
I had a great time for sure!!!!

It didnt seem to be as big as Bull Shoals at least spectator wise on water.... There was one good line of boats tied to the house boats and them some other 5-8 boat floats around the rest of the contest area. Shoals had what seemed to be almost a full circle tied together around it. Lots of idiots driving through the contest area or just stopping in the middle of the path into the marina to swim. Conditions blew, but some of that was due to the wind. I overhead some of the riders talking about if they were to come back next year could they move farther back into the cove. Lots more ****ty go-fast boats that feel the need to rev their engines.

Captain Rons was a solid place to party though and nobody had to travel to a separate place to party although the Bar/Bowling Alley in Shoals was awesome just took a little work to get there.

Adam E ended up winning but I dont know what the trick was, at that point it was long past me paying attention.

Overall it was great. Still dont think LF should have gone through a marketing company because it almost felt as if the spirit of giving out swag was gone and everyone could just buy whatever they wanted. But im sure they made some good money. Probably more off this one than any of the other Brostocks combined.
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-18-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
I must say it was a good time but almost a let down compared to what I had heard and seen from previous brostocks. Like others said a lot of things were on land which I personally thought takes away from the boating/wakeboarding aspect. My crew and I rented a houseboat and as that was a blast liquid force wasn't cool with all the other houseboats tying up to there's in the water? Pretty lame if you ask me, not to mention we couldn't get our anchors to set because of the wind and other boats trying to hook up so we took it back to the dock and tied it back up as swam out. Also, not sure if it was caption Ron's responsibility or liquid forces but the dj was awful, played nothing but 90s and was basically just using the transition slider to fade between songs hahah could have done that I'm iTunes! I def had fun that's for sure, but I think for next year the riders need to be with the people on houseboats, not staying in a hotel miles away.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-18-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
we just got back. that was one hell of a party. we tied the house boat up at captain rons and put the x80 beside it and just through a big party. i agree it was to choppy and we tried for 2 hours to get the anchor to hold with no luck and sucked the rope up in the prop. ill try to post some pics later. but it was def. a great time!
Old     (Giesh164)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-18-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
we still had fun, but not as much as at bull shoals. water patrol just hanging around lurking in the background waiting for peps to leave. makes u nervous and takes away from the fun. we also had mega problems keeping a line of boats tied together. thought we were good, when i guess the event staff kept trying to move the line. our boats got supper tight n my buddys rope poped and he ended up with a nasty scar in the gel coat. gotta give it up to axis tho! those guys threw massive amounts of swag.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-18-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
Bob Soven and jimmy redmond even stopped by to have a few beers on the houseboat with us
Attached Images

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-19-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
Is that the Coors Light logo on that X80 haha
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-19-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
yea! beer 4 ballast!!!
Old     (CaNuHEARme)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-19-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
hell yeah robby this is dan from yukon thanks again man for the invite had a blast ill post some of the pics i have. we have to get back together at the lake again. deff the best time i have had in a while.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-19-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
that lake and trip was UNFKNBLVBL. im thinking about planning a trip for labor day. think you could make it?
Old     (k2rider2690)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-21-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Robby man whats up I was the houseboat docked up next to you! hah i dont think we ever actually met tho not sure but thanks for the good party on top!
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-21-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
no alot mike, just back to the grinder if you know what i mean. yea that was a pretty good party! us oklahoma boys know how its done!!!! cant wait for next year!!!