Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-25-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
Hey everybody,

I've got a Straightline Kelly Carbon handle and it's grip is starting to give up the ghost. I emailed LF/Straightline and for either the fact they're not making that model anymore and or they just can't, they don't have any way to re-wrap the grip on it.

I've tried to find some more cost effective alternatives and had heard about GatorGrip but I can only find it in large sheets that run $100 plus. For that, I should just pick up another handle.

Does anybody have any other alternatives or ideas? I really appreciate it!

-Ben
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2010, 11:34 PM Reply   
Hockey Tape!

For a softer feel I guess you could use that padded tennis racket wrap stuff. Or even bike grips, you might need 4 or 5 but it would work!
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2010, 5:46 AM Reply   
Ben,

Hit me up, I usually have scraps that I hold onto. Hit me up via PM.

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-26-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
I hear that tennis tape is awesome in terms of feel but comes apart after like 3 rides.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-26-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
I just researched this same issue and went with hockey tape...I haven't rewrapped it yet so can't give a firsthand testimonial yet.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-26-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Used tennis wrap on my putter grip for years. Pulling the club in and out of the golf bag all year never made the grip loosen or come off. Wrap it tight and tape the ends, should last for a helluva lot longer than 3 rides.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-26-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
Nacho,

I may end up giving that a shot!

Thank you!

-Ben
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
T-ball baseball bat material
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
try using bicycle handle bar tape. super comfy. its not a sticky tape but i just wrapped it tight and threw some electrical tape on the ends. worked perfect.