Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Heres the dilemma.. My good friend and flatmate who goes out boarding with me quite a bit has 1.started feeling that she should be able to come along whenever she wants 2.trys to get me to take her friends along and 3.last night astoundingly had the audacity to invite someone that I didn't even know. (luckily he didn't turn up)
It should be noted that she is not part of my "Hard Core" crew who consist of 4 people that get up at 5 am and board every saturday.
She wanted to come along on that with some friends too but I totally put the kybosh on that idea. by now your probably saying I should harden up and tell her to piss right off but shes a nurse and some of her friends are freakin hot nurses who wear bikinis on the boat that leave nothing to the imagination especially when it gets a little cold ...including one who I am on the verge of hooking up with. I dont mind taking her out on sunday with her friends or midweek if the conditions are ok but only if my Hard Core crew has had a mid week board already.
What do I do??
Old     (clintc)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
I think you should post pictures?
Old    swass            01-29-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
"shes a nurse and some of her friends are freakin hot nurses who wear bikinis on the boat that leave nothing to the imagination especially when it gets a little cold ...including one who I am on the verge of hooking up with."

That should answer your question for you. At least wait 'til you've knocked boots with her friend before you kick her to the curb. Any self-respecting male would know this.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-29-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
What a dilema! You mean to tell me you don't have room for a couple hot nurses on the boat...? Time for a new boat!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
I don't get what you're bitchin' about.

You're pissed 'cause she's comin' out and inviting people out on your boat.
But you're ok w/ it 'cause they're hot.

WTF???
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Yeah...make sure you hit that before you tell her to piss off. That part about inviting people without your knowledge is just wrong. If you want to post her number, your fellow riders can take care of that for you.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Hey more ballast, good to look at, possible hook up with a hot nurse. hmmmmm I see your problem, are you gay?!?!

Just kidding, I couldn't resist!!!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
Yeah yeah I hear ya I have gotten horozontal with her friend and I reckon shes a keeper so I have to play nicely. It would so not be an issue if they just were along for the ride as ballast but My flatmate is on a crusade to convert everyone she knows into a wakeboarder ...using my boat
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-29-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
dude

hot girls on the boat is a good thing. keep it going at any cost.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Joe its not that I'm ok with it at all I need to be able to let her know that shes overstepping the mark without her thinking that I'm telling her that shes overstepping the mark. Its getting to the point where if we decide to go out the boats full before I get to see what my regular crew are up to which is pretty uncool. It was ok when I pretty much had two crews... hers and mine but shes starting on her second boatload it feels like. Another boat would solve the problem but I don't have that much coin lying around haha
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
Ask your girlfriends how I should approach this guys... I feel as if I am in the position where my girl (if I had one) has just asked me if her butt is fat and I really need to tell her that it is
Old    buttacup            01-29-2004, 1:47 PM Reply   
It's not her boat, it's yours. If her friends don't board that's a major problem too, lol. Tell her that you'll take her friend that you want to hook up with on the boat but not her . I think its rude if someone else brings a boat load of people assuming that it's going to be okay when you already have a full boat of people.
Old    buttacup            01-29-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
It almost sounds like you're referring to Aunt Flo here in your thread title.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
Uhhh yeah....Kristy. Email me, you can ride with us anytime.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
crap, anyone catch Kristy SWEET pic before Dave nuked it?
Old    maverick_gear            01-29-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
DAMN you MOD!!! i liked that pic, basically BD you need to crush her and all her friends ass's then put her in line, she probly won't mind you being assertive she might enjoy it. and i would definetly get it on bang a gong with some hot hussie nurses. show em whos boss brother!!

P.S. don't tell my GF i said that... MEOW...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 2:32 PM Reply   
You have to be tactful Dave. You wouldn't just tell her that her butt is fat. No, you would give her a health club membership, or an appointment card for Jenny Craig. Or maybe you would simply suggest that she shouldn't have that last pc of pizza. You know what I mean.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-29-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
act really sick?!?! i suggest trying a sudden urological disorder that required IMMEDIATE attention.

dude, you better milk this one.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-29-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
Who moved the picture? That was g-rated. Someone was just showing off their swimsuit.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-29-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
that picture was lovely.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Well from the sounds of it kirsty could ride with me anytime if my boat wasn't freaken overflowing
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-29-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
wheres the pic, i missed it damn it
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
O.K., as I general principle, I agree that it is out of line for a guest to invite other guests without the boat owner's permission. Often newbies just don't think about this due to inexperience or just general egocentrism.

But Powdrhound, correct me if I am misinterpreting your original post, but it sounds like you were cool with her friends coming along as long as they were hot women, but then you suddenly got chapped when she invited a male guest. Am I reading that right? Not that most guys wouldn't feel the same, but I think you should get clear about what exactly it is that you don't like about her behavior. If you are clear in your own mind, then it will be easier to communicate with her, if you are not afraid of being honest.

Also, did you say that you are "on the verge of hooking up with" her friend or that you already "have gotten horizontal with (her)?" Those would appear to be mutually exclusive claims.

Here's my suggestion. If she brings out somebody you like, have that person sit somewhat that you can get a good view. If she brings out some dudes that you don't want around and you don't have the nerve to be straight with her about it, then you could: 1) make them sit in the bow and bury the nose of the boat a few times (oops!) so they get soaked, 2) make them ride last (or just as the water turns nasty), and 3) give them insufficient instruction and crappy pulls so they wind up not looking so good and not having fun with it. Doubtful they will be back.

Disclaimer: I have not personally behaved in the manner described above, but I watched a younger friend behave this way one time when the four chicks he had invited out a few times one day showed up with two extra dudes. It worked like a charm.

Personally, I'd have to advocate honesty as the best policy.
Old    hyperlytemaiden            01-29-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
CBrown- Just tell her that she is more than welcome to come out on your boat SOMETIMES but she needs to understand that its not always about the fun boat ride and the free drinks, its about the sport. She should not have any problem as long as you don’t cut her off all together. Just be straight up with her. If she freaks out you don’t need to kick it with a chick that trips out on you about the use of your boat. There are much worse things going on I am sure.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
Michelle you are so the girl thats the answer that I needed cheers.

doc nah its not quite like that all the hot chics and the guys that she has invited I have met and get on well with and I don't mind taking them out but it sort of brought the problem home when she said last night she had invited some dude I have never even met. I guess I need her to understand that I didn't buy the boat for her and her friends hot or not I bought it for my friends I can't really tell her this though
but I think michelles angle could work though so I'll give it a shot
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-29-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
Good plan.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-29-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
I'm assuming you're from england, based on some of your slang. I know the show "friends" is available over there and if you've seen it, you'd know the answer to the "is my butt fat?" question. But in case you haven't seen it--LIE! That is the only way that you won't end up on the couch. Here's a dry run:

"Does my butt look fat in this bikini?"
"No, it looks fine."

Oh yeah, don't take time to think about your answer either.

Aunt flo...I love that show!! At least she only visits for 5 to 7 days.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-29-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
I'm a Kiwi
we get Friends
Don't know who Aunt flo is tho where probably a few years behind though
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
Girls give you cancer, stick to beer and wakeboarding, you will be happier.
Old    birdy            01-29-2004, 8:12 PM Reply   
Lynsey~

I'd agree...I'll add "Spot" along w/ your Aunt Flow!

Bridget
Old    buttacup            01-29-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Cbrown- Aunt Flow is the "curse".
Old    p140fs            01-29-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
CBrown dude just tell her strait "hey it cool if you and A FRIEND come out just not a boat load but ask me first so that i can make sure we have room or tell her that you have a limeted number of bodys hot or not on your boat but i would not listen to me i am drunk right now so a hot nurse or more is always good
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2004, 1:03 AM Reply   
Just jokingly tell her that she can't invite just anyone unless they are hot, make sure you establish what you consider hot. Then she will subconsciously think about it the next time she goes to invite people. If that doesn't work tell her to mix in a salad or two and be done with it!
Old    hockeyruss            01-30-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
buy a v-drive and take everyone!!!
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-30-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
consort with your hard-core crew (those are the ones that really matter) and see what they say.

Women are a dime a dozen, having a core crew who get up at 5 am on weekends to ride good water are not...
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-30-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
i wanna see whatever picture yall are talking about!!! can someone email it to me? and who is it?

mbmoss@interstatebloodbank.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Wakenup has a point. You need a Setter LSV. Take your riders and 10 hotties. There's a seat for everyone.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
i hate having to take bunch of hotties on the boat...

Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-30-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Why don't you just print this article out http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2002/thatguy.asp and leave it out somewhere where shes sure to find it, or just hand it to her. Maybe it'll get the point across.

mb
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-30-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
thanks for the email jrod.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
yeah thanks jrod... way to keep on top of things! i keep looking at it... I got room on my boat for her and any female friends that look like her
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-30-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
put a new rule in your boat... girls must wear the tiniest thongs... and you ve sure to make some kind of "thong metric sistem".
that way most will be discouraged... and you'll enjoy more the ones who still come.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
go to wickedweasel.com and pick some suits out for them!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
YEAHH WickedWeasel stuff rules!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
you buy anything for your wife yet?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-30-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
not yet. I know she wouldn't wear it in public so I guess there's not much point. We'll see.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
DOH!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-30-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
Aaron's got hoes! in different area codes!

Swass, no way man.

Bros before hoes. That's all I gotta say.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-30-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
Hook me up too!

J_A_rviko@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-30-2004, 5:49 PM Reply   
maestro?u like never get online anymore
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-30-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
Just be honest with all your crews. Explain your reasoning. If you want to make a hard core am set say so.. Perhaps have the others (girls) meet you at the lake in the afternoon, but at all costs you don't kabosh the eye candy. If it were me and I liked the crew of women I would be happy to have them along. Don't take for granted your ability to fill your boat with hot nurses, that doesn't happen to everyone... If anything its more ballast. And don't get me wrong, as a boat owner I fully understand your concerns.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-31-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
I like the two on the right ALee.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       02-02-2004, 12:43 AM Reply   
Hey...let her invite all the dudes she wants. If they ride better than you, welcome them to your crew...if they suck, the chix will dig you more anyways!!!! And...always make the newcomers bring beer and gas money!!!! EIther way...you have nothing to lose...except a chick that may not have dug you in the first place, but who cares! many more in the sea!!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-02-2004, 5:36 AM Reply   
woody... those two are the best!
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2004, 1:13 PM Reply   
Hows this the steering column on the boat shat itself on the weekend and the boats due for a service. My saturday morning crew are wanting to know how much it is to split the cost 4 ways. My loyalty will always be to them. If they forget to give me gas money on the day they always remember and give me double next time.
On getting a V drive I gotta wait 5 or so years until Ralphs ready to upgrade his Sanger but I'm hearin ya.
One of my crew said the other day don't feel like I have to ask him if theres other people wanting to go like my flatmate etc. but I told him I bought the boat for the 4 of us to ride and they will always be at the top of my list. Luckily for me one of my hardcore crew is a hot chick anyways :-)

(Message edited by powdrhound on February 02, 2004)
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-02-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
I haven't gotten the pic yet! Come on - somebody's gotta have it available to forward!
Old    wolfpack            02-02-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Make them chip in on gas money, men and ugly chicks should have to pitch in for gas.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-02-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod... nice pic indeed
Old     (wakechik)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-02-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
cbrown, you should kick those girls off ur boat and get me and a couple of my hott friends to join you instead
Old    triplexracing            02-02-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
i wanna join the crowd
mailto:triplexracing@aol.com
Old    ridenourdm            02-02-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
okay im a little late, but first thing is first, I need to see the pic to properly assess the situation.

ridenourdm@sbcglobal.net
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-03-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
damned....wakechik, do you have msn?
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-03-2004, 5:37 AM Reply   
damned!....wakechik, do you have msn?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
Maybe I should start charging for that pic!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-03-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
what ever you charge i'll charge 10% percent less for the same pic
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
you bastard.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-03-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
hahahaha
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
J-rod can you send 1 more to owdrhound@hotmail.com">powdrhound@hotmail.com
cheers
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
what do you have to offer in return?
Old    ridenourdm            02-03-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
J-Rod, let me see how I can best explain this ummmmmm your a GOD! I dont think I have seen a butt curve that perfect in all my years of being a booty inspector! You and her can ride behind my boat anyday, hell leave me and her on the beach and you can take the damn thing! Thanks again buddy! Now just for confirmation this isnt the same hotty powderhound is having his delima with correct..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Doug! But I have no idea who she is. I was just fast enough to save the pic before Dave deleted the post. I agree though. That girl has the booty of a GODDESS! She should model swimsuits for wickedweasel.com Check it out, I'm sure you'll agree.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-03-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Could you be sending one more to
Luchog01@hotmail.com

please?
Old    midnitecowboy            02-04-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
mate,
please please send one to my booty deprived self -
addiction69(at)fmguy.com

cheers
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-04-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
Just confront her on it. I had to do this with a buddy of mine, actually he’s like a brother to me. But he would just bring random people out on my boat, he thought i was cool cause they were mostly girls. But I wasn’t having it, they had no respect for the boat or our equipment. So one day I just straight up told him that this is kosher, and just gave him an ultimatum, either let me know who your bringing or don’t invite people. After that everything was cool, he had a lot more respect for my belongings, and me and we all got to ride a lot more do to less people. So just be honest with her, it will all work out in the end.
Old    wolfpack            02-05-2004, 5:53 AM Reply   
Most people don't understand how much this stuff costs.