Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Suprasunsport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-26-2013, 10:11 PM Reply   
I'm new to the world of wakeboarding, but my friend told me about perfect pass and it seems like it would help driving and riding a ton. I looked a couple up but the star gazer is way to expensive. Any ideas on what would be a good system? Such as perfect pass cruise?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2013, 11:56 PM Reply   
I know you asked about perfect pass, but you should also check www.hydrophase.com. They have the ride steady classic which is their paddlewheel based system ($895) and this year they came out with the ride steady gps system ($1095). I've had the classic on my boat for several years without issues.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-27-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I know you asked about perfect pass, but you should also check www.hydrophase.com. They have the ride steady classic which is their paddlewheel based system ($895) and this year they came out with the ride steady gps system ($1095). I've had the classic on my boat for several years without issues.
Except the classic is only in a 3.5" gauge where many people need a 5". The new GPS unit will have a 5" unit "coming soon" but at that price you can buy a Perfect Pass Stargazer, so where is the advantage?

End result - gotta pay to play. Paid $1050 for my PP Stargazer last year...after having it for over a year, I would pay double just for how useful it is!
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-27-2013, 5:53 AM Reply   
Stargazer is the way to go.... Work some overtime and save your pennies.... it'll be worth it!
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-27-2013, 8:00 AM Reply   
Perfect Pass doesn't seem to have any real competition yet. Why pay almost as much for something that isn't as proven and may only last half as long?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-27-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
End result - gotta pay to play. Paid $1050 for my PP Stargazer last year...after having it for over a year, I would pay double just for how useful it is!

And that's why it's called "the marriage saver".....................
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-27-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Worth every penny!!! So cough up the dough and enjoy.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-27-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yep. Pay and then enjoy. You will enjoy the performance. And you will enjoy hearing you did the right thing from all those people that told you not to buy it cause it is too expensive.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
I have bought 2 perfect pass systems one just recent and have paid about half price for both. The first one bought the display and computer mod used from Wakeworld classifieds or simular forum, then bought the motor from ebay and got the rest of the components from Perfect Pass. Then later added Nautic Laugic (gps plug and play) used from classifieds The second system got the digital display (older style) <$50 from ebay , then from Great lakes Skipper $475on ebay the perfect pass system. I plan to add Nautic Laugic to the current system eventually. Been super happy both systems and they have worked great. Just have to be paitent and keep your eyes open. Before Nautic Laugic I had a paddle wheel and that sucked never could get the setting right, plus or minus one full mph after Nautic Lougic it was with in .2 mph Amazing difference in the pull.
Old     (Suprasunsport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-27-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
I have a 1989 Supra Sunsport, would a stargazer system work on my boat?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
Call Perfect Pass and they will tell you what systems will work, but I know If the serial number starts with the letters DBW(drive by wire) it will not work for your application. You need the tack, computer moduale, servo motor, and all the wires for the base system. Then you need the gps and you will be set. I think the price new for a Nautic Laugic gps is around $250, That takes the place of the paddle wheel or Perfect Pass brand gps.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-28-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
perfect pass is great. if you wait for a group buy you can save some dough ... 100-200 bucks
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-28-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprasunsport View Post
Yea.
Old     (smitty75)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-28-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
Im not sure how universal the components are, but I'm thinking of upgrading my pp servo motor system to drive by wire. I have no idea what's its worth or If it will fit, but I'd sell you the track/mount, servo motor, cable, and wiring harness from mine. It works fine and is on a low hours 2006 21v.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-28-2013, 11:38 PM Reply   
I have almost a complete system that might be up for grabs. I know I have a single line display "Nautiques", a servo with a mercruiser throttle cable, master harness, tach cable, and a "plus" system master module. The plus system only runs off RPMs so you might want to get the pro module instead, or convince me to swap the digital pro back out of my slalom boat and add the paddle wheel to the mix. It seems that I only run in RPM mode only anyway in my slalom boat so I could be convinced for a few extra bucks. You will also probably need to fabricate a sticker to cover Nautiques on the controller in your Supra. I have installed and repaired a few units and can also provide some support on the installation. I would probably sell the "Plus" system for $300 and the "Pro" system for $400, any less and I would prefer to keep them or put them in a friends boat.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-29-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprasunsport View Post
I have Stargazer on my 90 sunsport, works great.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-29-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
I have almost a complete system that might be up for grabs. I know I have a single line display "Nautiques", a servo with a mercruiser throttle cable, master harness, tach cable, and a "plus" system master module. The plus system only runs off RPMs so you might want to get the pro module instead, or convince me to swap the digital pro back out of my slalom boat and add the paddle wheel to the mix. It seems that I only run in RPM mode only anyway in my slalom boat so I could be convinced for a few extra bucks. You will also probably need to fabricate a sticker to cover Nautiques on the controller in your Supra. I have installed and repaired a few units and can also provide some support on the installation. I would probably sell the "Plus" system for $300 and the "Pro" system for $400, any less and I would prefer to keep them or put them in a friends boat.

I might be interested in that perfect pass for my 95 Sport Nauti....and wouldn't have to cover up anything