Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-03-2010, 1:57 AM Reply   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double post but its probably more relevent here?
How have those with a V215 set your ballast up for surfing? My boat is now only days away and I don't want to waste whats left of our warm weather experimenting too much
I've got the standard rear 250lb tanks & 4 x 550lb sacs to use. How should I set up? I'll also be running in salt water if that makes any difference?
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-03-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
There are some guys that really have their v215s dialed in. Right now we run:
-front bag full
-surfside tank full
-(2) 50 lbs pop-bags of lead & 750 bag in the surfside locker filled as much as will fit , definitely
not 750, maybe 400
-550 bag on the surf-side corner seat filled to approx 400
- depending on how many people in the boat a bow sac under the surfside seat storage with
maybe 200 lbs.

We surf the port side, or left side, and the wave has good size and length. We have been adding weight when we can and it keeps getting better. Basically what we found is get the boat leaning for size and weight in the front for length, then find what works best for you. I know this post has been confusing, but hopefully it will help.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have my boat dialed in. Here is the setup works the same on either side. I keep all my ballast under cover and nothing on the seats. Front stock ballast full, rear hard tank full on the side you are riding on. I use 600# of lead in the locker and add water sack on top maybe 300 lbs. Depending on the lake conditions I run max 300 in water on to of lead. If the lake is rough I don't use as much water in the sack. Here is a picture of my wake.
Attached Images

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-04-2010, 3:30 AM Reply   
Thanks guys looks awesome. Cargo ship has arrived in port so hope to take delivery on Friday can't wait to get out on Saturday.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-04-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
I run mine the same as Dennis does pretty much but I don't have the hard tank. Between a 170lb battery, 450 in lead and a 750 sack I'm about 1300lbs in the rear locker. I too run the mid ship full and occasionally throw a 370 on the seat but its really not needed.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-23-2010, 9:09 PM Reply   
Doesn't the V215 sit fairly low in the water? To get that much weight and wave in a Sanger how often or close does the water come over the bow or stern?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2010, 11:53 PM Reply   
lol, almost running over upholstery, especially if I am sitting in the corner.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-24-2010, 12:38 AM Reply   
That's what I figured. I would be very interested in going Sanger if my wife wasn't so freaked out about sinking the boat.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-24-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
I have never taken water in. The pictures above were taken when it was rough. I don't run max weight when it is rough because I don't want to take on water. The V237 has 9" more freeboard and we have taken it out in very rough conditions and not even come close to taking on water.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-24-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have always liked sangers, my brother has one, and we grew up at the drag races, my dad built motors for drag boats, so Sanger has always been such a familiar name. Its just a preference thing, but I never felt comfortable when the water is that high. HOWEVER, like dennis said, it was NOT like that on the V237. It was MUCH better.
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-24-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
I have read that the V237's put out a nice wave, but have never seen any pictures. Happen to have any photos of a 237's wave? Half of the family rides goofy and the other half is regular, is the wave good on both sides of the 237?

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack, will start a new thread.....

Last edited by ctimrun; 07-24-2010 at 9:34 AM.
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I am running 1100 in the rear locker, centre tank full and a 400 pound bag in the floor in the bow. It is unbelievable. Yesterday was the most boat chop I have seen and there was no issues with water coming over, not saying I wasn't concerned about it. LOL
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
Here is a picture from yesterday.
Attached Images

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-26-2010, 9:44 PM Reply   
I run the exact same as Richard White. The water comes right up to the rear locker. Nice curl to the wave too. I need to try it with a bit more in the bow to lengthen the wave.

On another note: my 14 year old son is trying feverishly to accomplish a 360 without the rope. Any ideas? He is VERY VERY close, but gets caught to far down the wave when coming all the way around and cant surf up. He is very good and easily surfs without the rope all day long.