Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
The City of Columbus has been kind enough to let us take over part of a public water way for Wakeboarding, Hydrofoiling, Wakeskating, and Wakesurfing over the last three years. This year they granted a permit for the second annual National Wakesurfing Championship.

Last year I asked Scioto Wakefest competitors to sign two picture frames. I filled the picture frame with event photographs and presented the picture frame to the Scioto Boat Club and City of Columbus Recreation and Parks department.

This year I wanted to repeat the gesture but I wanted to step it up a bit. I’ve started glassing a board to give to the city, hence the City Board. I used an HP ink jet printer to print event photos and logos on rice paper. Then I put the art under the first layer of glass.

I think this will be an unusual thank you and item for the city to display.

Here are a few pictures…
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-21-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Great job!
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-21-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
Very cool. Good idea too.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-21-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Basically took the idea from last year and from when Jeff gave Skier's Choice a custom made board for the Moomba Jamboree. Jeff was recognizing the fact that Rick Tinker at SC decision to remove a wakesurfing advisory from SC web sites.

The city doesn’t have to give me an event permit, it’s a privilege. Anything you can do to recognize assistance or special consideration is a good thing.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-22-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
I'm sure they will love it. It looks great and will remind them how much we appreciate their cooperation in helping our sport. Plus the pics are cool, everytime they see the board they will know what a great time all the participants had!