Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-20-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
We all know the midwest scene is one of the best in the country, it has just gotten better!

In addition to all of the great state pages www.midwestwakeboarder.com has brought a central hub for us all to get together and grow us a community.

Each state now has its own dedicated forum, just click on the picture of your state on the main page and you are there.

The key to all of this is participation, so sign up and support YOUR state and scene.

Shops: Get in touch with us if you havent already, we would like to be able to help people in your area find you.

Dealers: Same as the above, get involved with your community.

Riders: Meet new people, share some pulls.

Everyone: If you know of any events, submit them to the events calender.

The key to this community, just like the best community ever created (wakeworld) is participation.

Thanks everyone, keep supporting your own communities sites and share some time with us at MWW. As always, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
The login process needs to be a lot more intuitive. Say, once you reach that main site, if you have been "logged out" you could fill in your info on the main page, at which point it takes you directly to the forum directory. Then, every time you navigate to the main page (www.midwest.....) it automatically kicks you into the forum section, without having to click again, until you log out.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Oh, and mike, I apologize for not getting back to you on the decal thing. I got pretty lost in tests and stuff right after I got an email about that, and I had to put all of my graphic stuff on hold for a while. Let me know if I can still help you with something.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-21-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
Mike, the new site is nice! A huge step up, I like the improvements tremendously. I'll be hitting it up on a regular basis for sure!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-21-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Sweet!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, its been a lot of work for everyone involved.

They key to this is all is participation since we now have some "new" forums with very little post history.

Hopefully clubs, shops, and dealers will step up and introduce themselves to their respective state communities.

Maybe even "the ambassador" might make an appearance as a featured rider?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-21-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
is that me??? I will!!!!!
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I am here, as usual. I feel this is a repeat. Isn't there some old post you could just bump? SLACKER
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
I wasnt going to say it...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Nope, this is a new announcement, thanks though.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
but do you really want me to "Show myself?"

Because I don't really know if that sort of this is allowed around here!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
On Board Mike.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
I am in...... thanks Mike. I will be checking often. Got it on my favs too!......Need to have a huge wake party dude! I live in Michigan. Do you have any idea how many lakes are here? Believe it or not, we have more registered boaters than any other state. yup it's true...sorry Florida and California. Michigan almost outranks Florida x 2. So it makes sense that the midwest should be the best place to carve and rip. Minus the winter soltice...just hit the slopes in that duration period.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Did you beat MN and WI?

We threw a good wake party last year in Wisco, think around 30 riders give or take throughout the weekend, it was a good time.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
There should be a season opener as well. It was a great time.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-22-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
^ I believe Gordon has one in the works.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2007, 3:56 AM Reply   
Put me on the invite list Mike for the party. I am in. We'll take pics and post them in a mag and show the world, the midwest is where it is at. Maybe I'll try to organize a gathering here in Michigan. You will not be disappointed. And as for Registered boaters....Yup, Michigan has beat MN and WI. But to be fair, we have A LOT of sportfisherman. So there could be a large portion dedicated to fishing. But plenty of H2O for playing, that is for sure.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-06-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
hey i registered for this site and never got my confirmation email what gives.........
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-06-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
We dont do a confirmation email, you should be able to log right in......

If not, drop me a line at mike@midwestwakeboarder.com and I will get you up and running.
Old    umdank            03-06-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Reppin rochester minni, HOlla
Old    d_fresh            03-10-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
Thanks for fixing up my mistake on your websight.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-10-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
Midwest riders... the forecast high in Michigan for Tuesday is 73 degrees. Bring on summer
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Mike, I just finished surfing around your site, looks very good. It's great to have some local (regional?) support.

Hey, things are coming together for the 2007 Scioto Wakefest, I should have a press release out to you before the end of the month.

Did I send you the NWL Event Guide, there's are a lot of midwest events in the guide.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-11-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
bigshow...
get that out to me and I will post everything on the events calendars for the particular area they are in!
gordon@midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-11-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
Riding already on the mississippi RIver Whoooooooa!