Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-18-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
The poll question made me think about this... how does everyone put on their boards on the swimdeck??

I have always done it facing the boat, and then holding the line connected right to the tower and sliding in, so I'm ready to go and facing the right way.

**Don't bash on me for a lame topic; it was good enough for a poll
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       10-18-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
sit on the back sunpad while binding in then grab the rope and 180 in so im back facing the boat, im standing on by board by the time the line gets tight
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-18-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
Don't use the swimdeck, (ours is to small) just in the water faceing the boat.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
board on the platform, butt on the back of the boat above it. then i sit on my butt on the platform and then slide into the water (just an fyi, i actually hate water and usually can't catch my breath when i first get in, so i take as long as i possibly can!!) my right foot ALWAYS goes in the binding first and i ALWAYS grab the handle with my right hand before getting in the water. if the handle is on my left side, i move it to my right side and then grab it with my right hand. i know ... freaky.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 6:25 PM Reply   
that scare me that u concentrate on that so much!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-18-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Facing the boat because I feel it is easier to slide my bindings on when I am standing than when I am siting on the sundeck. Plus there is always something to hold on to on the back of the boat so it's much easier than just standing on a starting dock and putting the board on.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Board on platform, sitting down, toss rope out behind boat, let it get tight, and jump in and sink.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-18-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Face back of boat on platform, make sure top is secure...bindings on right then left, zip up vest, grab handle, jump off platform backward, so I'm in the water facing the boat.
Side note, I used to stand on the platform facing away from the boat till I realized what an amazing butt shot there was for the people on the boat.
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-18-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
I wish I had a direct drive or a v drive. With my I/O i have to put my bindings on, sit in the water, wait for the boat to start up, wait till the line gets tight.
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-18-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Just like my pants, one foot at a time.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-18-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Stand facing the water. After the board is on jump out into the water. Newbs have to put it on in the water until they can prove not to scratch the boat.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-18-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
My board is 4 inches under the water on the platform. If you can jump into the water, You need more weight!
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
that was well said Jeremy!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
On the swim platform Facing the water Then 180 in
Old    CCAW            10-18-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
on top of the sunpad. one foot in then judo air to other foot in. 1080 off the back, then 1080 the other way once im in the water grabbing the whole time of course!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-18-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
On the swim platform facing the boat. That way if I have to wait a few minutes for my turn in the back water, I can lay down and power nap. The 180 thing is sweet...have to try it next time!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
on the sun pad so i dont have to get wet until im riding. plus the shanes are easier to put on 100% dry than when ur feet are wet and the boots are dry.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-18-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
First, I get some dirt in my hands and rub them together. Then, I pull on both gloves to make sure they're tight and then I trace the letters "MOM" onto the plate, tap it five times, grab my crotch to adjust, spit twice, and then I'm ready.

Oh wait, wrong sport.
Old     (munchies)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2006, 1:15 AM Reply   
hang out at the dock, wait till the boat pass by and trow me a handle with the right rope lenght (usually around 75' behind the boat i ride) then put the handle over a post on the dock so it wont slip in the water, put my wakeboard in the water to make the binding wet slip in the binding with my feet tighthen the binding by scrolling around the boa 34'987 times, grab the handle, show my bro i the boat that i am ready he hits the gas, i jump from the dock and session can start. as for stand on the platform: i never turn my back agains the boat i always face to the boat. because you never know what happens if you look away from the boat. it can go faster then you think and somebody gives you a little push from behind and you are in the water, so always face the little gangsters!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-19-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
sitting on trunk with board on swimplatform..once strapped in i grab rope and turn around and push off deck backwards to clear boat as board pushed back to top of water..
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2006, 8:32 AM Reply   
Strap in facing boat, let all the line out behind me. Give the thumbs up, once the boat gets up to speed and jump off backwards, and walk myself out to the end of the rope. This is only if we aren't near shore. If I can get a dock start I prefer to line up 2 picnic tables on the dock, put a skate board on the table. Strap into my board ontop of the skate board. Thumbs up, ride the skate to the end of the tables then jump off into the water.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Usually find the hottest chick in the boat, say "board me"...
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-19-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Facing towards the boat. Then I give a little last stretch session while the ropes unwinding.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-19-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Way too much thought is going into putting on your boards. I just put it on and get in the water. I try to use all my thinking on landing new tricks.
Old     (jay_j)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-19-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Good stuff Ron L.

I strap on my board(who cares how), piss(cause I drank some beers), then ride.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-19-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Throw the board into the water, jump in next to the board, put it on, grab the rope, let it get tight, ride.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-19-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
all you 180'ers: i used to do the same thing, until my board hit the rudder as i sink/spin.