Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-30-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
So I had been hearing a lot about flex boards but what was really peaking my interest was the claim that they made landings softer. Looking to get maximum wakeboarding life out of my knees i picked up a discounted slingshot at a boat show this winter. It was amazing! I was not a huge fan of the way it felt on the water but that was minor compared to how much softer it made my landings. I reccomend trying a flex board if you have not yet. Anybody else had a similar experience?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yup. After using a roam for years, then going to slingshot I never plan to use anything but a flex board.....they're just awesome.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-30-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Yup. After using a roam for years, then going to slingshot I never plan to use anything but a flex board.....they're just awesome.
This is exacting what I would have posted
I didn't know wakeboarding could get any more fun until I rode a flex board.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-01-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
SO what board then are you using, which flex board?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2010, 12:00 AM Reply   
The claim to soft landings was the biggest thing that attracted me to the brand (ss) in the begining. For me I too think it is true. very cushy landings. but not only that, overall i just plain have more fun riding a "flex board."

Currently ride slingshot recoil 2007
Old    ScottRobinson            05-02-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yeah these are hard to find on Ebay or places like that. Hate to buy one of these new and not like it.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-02-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
I have a couple hardly ridden slingshots if people are looking to try them out and not buy them new. Let me know
Old     (elbastardo)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Do a search online, you can find good deals on past years boards. The slingshot website has a board/binding package for $299.

http://www.slingshotsports.com/wake_...FRsVawod52ud-g
Old    ScottRobinson            05-02-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Yeah but they are SOLD OUT...
Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-02-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
on my 4th slingshot and loving it
Old    ScottRobinson            05-02-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Which one Joe? Would you recommend it for someone who is just learning? I have one year of Wakeboarding under me, learning jumps and hope to go
W2W this year and maybe end year with W2W 180.....good board to learn that stuff on?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
Scott,

I think the response would be best, it is a continuous rocker.
unless you are sure you like the idea of building a style that is more wake to wake with a abrupt/bucking style of pop, which 3 stage rocker boards are known for emphasizing, which would be the recoil model. but this is not to say that you cant get bucking pop from the response or that you cant air it out into the flats past the other wake with the recoil,

the 2010 reflex (subtile 3 stage= middle ground on rocker type) has beveled edges that are more for rails. these require a more controlled edge behind the boat... or so i have heard. BUT the 2009 reflex does NOT have these beveled edges. so IF you consider the reflex. i would recomend the 2009 version only
Old     (elbastardo)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRobinson View Post
Yeah but they are SOLD OUT...
Really? I just selected a 138 Recoil with size 10 Driver bindings and it took me to checkout.