Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-27-2009, 10:21 PM Reply   
My daughter's first time wakesurfing (any surfing). She is twelve. Thanks to notsobueno and the Black and Blue Crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTPacuQXWo
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2009, 1:50 AM Reply   
Great vid. I love watching kids learn. We just taught a young girl and her dad to surf today, what a blast. When kids go wireless for the first time, their smile is the best. Gunz daughter was one of the best also.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching it.
Old    surfdad            09-28-2009, 5:41 AM Reply   
Not with dtw! She'll be a darkside rider all her life! :-) That was a great video, thanks for sharing it. Clay what model board did you have your daughter on - she flipped it up without any issue and it was very stable for her.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
Very very cool, congrats Clay. Can't believe that's her first time on a board, excellent board control
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-28-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
Thanks guys.

@surfdad, yes dtw and the black and blue crew were all darkside that day, the perfect day for a surf. She is riding a Props Eel Roll (5'x20.5"x1.63")she road it as a thruster first and then single fin. She liked the single fin better.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-28-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Robert, we fully employed the wake9 'get the groms up' techniques. I think they are rather visible in that video.

And all y'all keep in mind, the Black and Blue Crew has a 100% success ratio for the first timers. EVEN the REGULAR first timers. We are EOW. (Equal Opportunity Wakesurfers) But we do tend to make a lot of fun of the regulars and generally discourage the left foot forward for some reason.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-28-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
" we have cookies on the darkside " .... saw tee-shirts in maui with that darkside saying with a little monster dude there was a few more darkside sayings also made me think of you
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
@dtw Thanks, I love to hear feedback. Great to know people are using those to help.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-28-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
@ragboy - the videos and tips are both awesome. My kids love watching them and the tips are very very helpful. A big part of our success ratio for sure.
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Funny thing...I showed Maile the wake9 videos the night before we went out with dtw, just so she could see some other kids doing it...she kept thinking we were going to hook up with the wake9 crew. I had to tell her that we were meeting another fiend of mine. dtw did a great job showing her the way of the darkside.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Well, if you are ever up here, you know how to reach me. Would love to have you.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-30-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
@ragboy...my daughter (8) knows the names of ALL your kids. Just from the wake9 videos. I guess watching your family on the internet runs in MY family.