Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (susan_j)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-30-2006, 10:53 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 elite v the center ballist wont fill I have water to the pump and pressure after the pump. Maybe another valve I dont know about? I am reluctant to go back to dealer for a possible easy fix. 3 hrs. away. Thanks
Old    r3612            07-02-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat

Not sure on where your ports are located on the 06 as some are still the old way out the transom with a wire screen. If it is this way try fillin with boat off sitting still as when the engine is running it creates an air pocket back there.

If the port isn't coming out the rear transom......can't help you as i have no experience with that new setup :-)
Old     (air_dooley)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-03-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
susan, the switch has a in and a out position on it. It operates like a see-saw. One way it fills the tank, the other it drains. You probably know this anyway, just thought I'd mention it. The center ballast should fill even with the boat moving when everything is working properly. Any ?? e-mail me, tom p.s. Congrats!!
Old    r3612            07-04-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
Tom
On the old boats and still certain current boats.... the east coast and west coast production facilities use different ballast system configs and pumps. The boat with ports in the rear transom WILL NOT FILL while under way....and sometimes has a problem filling while sitting still with motor running as the ports are located right net to the exhaust causing an air pocket , however the newer systems with the thru hull ports will fill anytime ;)

(Message edited by r3612 on July 04, 2006)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Not sure abut the west coast but the east coast plant switched to a new system in 06. It fills from the bottom of the boat and can fill while underway
Old    r3612            07-05-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Kev,

I was under the impression that the early production 06 boats had the ballast out of the transom from the east coast. Our dealer up here had an Avy and a Lightninig C4 with old system. So they have since now converted all their boats?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-05-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
That very well could be that some early 06s came out with the old ballast. As far as I know all the boats have switched over
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       07-05-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
So where does it fill?

In the back then turn the motor off (I learned that first hand with my Centurion).

On the bottom than my guess would be the pump? But if there is pressure I don't know.

Turn off the boat is my guess.
Old     (grantline)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-06-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Susan
There is another valve after the pump. It looks like some kind of sprinkler valve. I had the exact same problem.