Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Luciano77)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-22-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
Just a little video of the new system. Picked the link from themalibucrew.com

http://www.surfgatewave.com/

Seems the system will be shown on 29/6/2012
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-22-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Very little, I wonder if they are coming out with surf tabs like the MC?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
There was a pic of the new options on the Malibu and the one pic intrigued me because it looked like a pole extending out of the bottom of the hull.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-22-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
sorry, but this video is damn near useless. it's dark and the wake doesn't look that impressive. don't get me wrong, i hope mailbu comes up with something amazing that can be adapted by other manufacturers (something brand new like a the first tower), but my expectations are low after seeing this video.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
My 02 Malibu has a cleaner lip than that. Washy lips suck for air tricks.
I would have thought they would have shown a perfect wake. I was really hoping they would step it up.
Between this and the video of Harley surfing the X star, it looks like Tige and Centurion will still have the wakesurf game locked up for the "core" riders. ( I know Sanger, MB, and Supreme make great wakes too, but they are advertising it much and getting it out to the mainstream like Tige and Centurion)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
[QUOTE]Very little, I wonder if they are coming out with surf tabs like the MC?/QUOTE]

You mean like Sanger?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-23-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
edit for my post:
they aren't advertising*
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-27-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
Still a thread going over on TMC. Woops...hope ai dont jinx it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
What does the Surfgate have to do with Malibu? Am I missing something?

I do know that Malibu has something awesome coming for your wakesurfers. I'm not sure that the surf gate is it, but I do know that they have something super cool to be released soon. It will be much easier for you to send rollers all the way across the lake. :-)
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-27-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
That was an absolutely amazing video! (not the surfgate one...I was on youtube watching some random stuff)
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
What does the Surfgate have to do with Malibu? Am I missing something?

I do know that Malibu has something awesome coming for your wakesurfers. I'm not sure that the surf gate is it, but I do know that they have something super cool to be released soon. It will be much easier for you to send rollers all the way across the lake. :-)
You are missing something - Surfgate will be exclusive to Malibu.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
My first guess was that they just angle the wedge with an actuator to get the boat to list. But I think that would just turn the boat and it doesn't explain the "gate" term in the name. So, now I'm thinking it's the same thing as the Nautique Hydro-Gate, except that it's split in the middle with independent control of left and right.

They claim it also cleans up the wave. So it could be something along the lines of adding fins to a wake plate and the wakeplate is split in the middle...

What's your guess?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-28-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Thank you! :-)
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-29-2012, 4:53 AM Reply   
we're the 29 and still no updates on the website...anyone knows if there is a time of launch?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-29-2012, 5:42 AM Reply   
Not at 5:53AM
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2012, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
we're the 29 and still no updates on the website...anyone knows if there is a time of launch?
Please tell me english is not your first language. Haha Your post reminds me of those nigerian scam emails that I get.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-29-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
love it^^^^ LMFAO!!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-29-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
They need to eat breakfast first. I heard it was a whistle tip exhaust.

http://youtu.be/JrE0htiKU9k
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       06-29-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
whats up with the release, nothing posted?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^
ahahahaahaha
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-29-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
5pm eastern and no announcement. malibu fail?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-29-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
It looks like a new video was posted, and you can now sign up for email alerts re the product. Hope more comes out soon. It's a badass product.
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       06-29-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
Google does cache pages that arer no longer available on the net...

http://www.intlmalibuboats.com/-/Surf_Gate.html = Page Not Found.

Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

SURF Gate

1.Clean up the surf wake with push of a button

2.The task of creating surf wakes is simplified...you’ll now weight it as if you were wakeboarding, nice and balanced!

3.You have the ability to switch to the opposite wake with a push of a botton.

4.Extreme leaning of the boat is no longer necessary.

5.Surf Gate eliminates the need to fill bunch of extra sacks.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
Now it says 7.6.12. You're not launching a new phone or tablet, Malibu. Get on with it already.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-29-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
my guess (was suggested by someone else earlier).....http://www.google.com/patents/US7216601

Last edited by dhill; 06-29-2012 at 2:47 PM. Reason: spell
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-29-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
> Extreme leaning of the boat is no longer necessary.
> You have the ability to switch to the opposite wake with a push of a botton.

It sounds like the surfgate will make the boat "deeper" on either side by the push of a button.

Something like trimtabs under each side of the hull?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-29-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
bill's patent link above has got to be it. wonder if you can have two riders at once then with both gates open. looking forward to more info.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-29-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
it lowers the boat, but it would sit lower in the water when not moving. i see the concept when under way, but how low will it sit when still
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-29-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
my hunch is that it wouldn't lower it at all while standing still as water would not be flowing through the hull channel (aka gate) and assuming the patent info listed above is related...

Last edited by brucemac; 06-29-2012 at 3:33 PM. Reason: daf
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-29-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Saw some pics (I know... pics or it didnt happen), but its just a little gate that sticks out off the back corners of the transom. Looks like it almost folds into the platform which has a little cutout for it to fit into. But its really looks like a door that sticks out off the side when the actuator pushes it out. Guess it just creates some more drag kinda like a small side wedge, but the video made it look like the wave was super clean a pretty good distance behind the boat.
Old    9Drozd            06-29-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
From the discription posted above, the only thing I can see it doing is making the boat walk sideways. It's not supposed to list the boat one way or the other, so that would be my guess.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-29-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
***Andrew Taft (taft)*** * Join Date: Jul 2006 ***** Today, 2:21 PM Reply***
Now it says 7.6.12. You're not launching a new phone or tablet, Malibu. Get on with it already.

Maybe they're taking marketing tips from MC. Wait, there would be no mention of it at all
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2012, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhill View Post
my guess (was suggested by someone else earlier).....http://www.google.com/patents/US7216601
That's Larry Mann's patent, same as the link I posted for Lowrider Boats in another thread. If Larry got this done, well done larry.

http://lowriderboats.com/

Last edited by ragboy; 06-30-2012 at 5:05 AM. Reason: forgot to quote
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-30-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
will someone just post a pic of the system already and be done with it? at least the speculation/useless thread will be removed and this marketing tease will go away. I get it, they want people talking and to build a buzz but im pretty sure all of wakeworld and malibu crew have heard about it. Just roll it out and get the party started. My interest peaked when i heard about it and went to see it. Now its like a joke, bad acting and vauge info makes the system seem more like a gimmick and takes some validity away. I believe chatts opinion that it will be good though, i'd just like the product to stand on its own two feet (or flippers) instead of all the manufactured hype. If its good everyone will be hyping it for them.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
If the lowrider system is effective, it looks pretty neat. I bet its tough to get a huge effect but it would likely be OK for a stock system.

I like it over the wedge from a crap hanging in the water point of view.
Attached Images

Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Instafill or Surfgate?

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Cool
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-06-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Surely those gates leak, and your boat would fill with water if you allowed it to sit for a long period of time.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-06-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
Those are pretty sweet
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Dang, that Mike Murphy instafill is pretty cool. Now it just needs to be tied into the perfect pass so that it automatically fills at a preset speed. Having to push those buttons everytime someone falls, gets pulled up would get annoying. Does Mike Murphy still own Calabria? Even though they aren't making a bunch of boats looks like he is workign on stuff. Very cool. It is actually an attempt at innovation vs just making bigger boats and slapping bigger engines in them. The system doesn't look like it would help the pro level riders or wake snobs but I suppose could be used with a hybrid pump system. For example if you could have 2000# under the floor with that system plus 1500-2000#'s of plumbed in bags at least you would only have to pull 2000#'s of ballast out of the hole instead of 4000#. Should help keep a good top speed and good hole shot with a stock 350(330-350hp) and the standard prop. For the average family it would be all they will ever need.

Last edited by polarbill; 07-06-2012 at 8:14 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Surely those gates leak, and your boat would fill with water if you allowed it to sit for a long period of time.
Proto type, I'm sure they are workig out that glitch.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-06-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yea there's a lot more on that i'd need to look at before putting it on my boat. For example, he says if you have a failure in the acuator, then the most that happens is your ballast tanks fill up... but he also shows a pic of the "air dam" on the side of the boat saying you have to have air coming in to push the water out or something like that.... there's got to be somewhere else the water goes. Also, he doesn't show that thing filling anything up front, seems dumb to have just 1000# of rear ballast, then you can empty and drain it, but when you drain it your nose sinks from the ballast you have put up front. I don't know, i like the pumps myself, you can add weight, you can pnp and it doesn't take THAT long to fill.This thing is going to be a 3k option when a new prop is 400-500....hmmm..
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Instafil looks promising (they still need to clean that design up a lot), plus that video offers up an explanation to the often debated question of why MB isn't NMMA certified....
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-06-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
I like how when they show the picture of inside the instafill there is fiberglass resin dripping down and kitty hair. Also, how he has a huge hole cut in the side of the boat "see look you have to let the air out". And the hole is also big enough to let raccoons in. Do a little more product finishing before you make a commercial.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
Yea there's a lot more on that i'd need to look at before putting it on my boat. For example, he says if you have a failure in the acuator, then the most that happens is your ballast tanks fill up... but he also shows a pic of the "air dam" on the side of the boat saying you have to have air coming in to push the water out or something like that.... there's got to be somewhere else the water goes. Also, he doesn't show that thing filling anything up front, seems dumb to have just 1000# of rear ballast, then you can empty and drain it, but when you drain it your nose sinks from the ballast you have put up front. I don't know, i like the pumps myself, you can add weight, you can pnp and it doesn't take THAT long to fill.This thing is going to be a 3k option when a new prop is 400-500....hmmm..
All good questions. As for the air dam and water getting in it appears to just be a built in vent that is actually build into the hull. It for some reason water came in that vent it would just fill the tank. As for the front ballast you are probably right. It probably only goes as far forward as teh drivers seat or so. If it made it that far forward it would be a close enought 50/50 front to back to satisfy 90% of the people who buy wakeboarding boats. I think you are missing the point on the just get a different. By getting a different prop you give up something. You will lose top end and also spin higher RPM's at wakesport speed thus burning more fuel. The point of this invention is to get rid of the need to change the prop or to add a big block. Compared to a big block 3k is cheap. Also, to me it sounds like he is sayign the entire ballast setup of instafill would be about 3 grand. Well, that is going to be 3 grand built into boat from the factory. How much does it cost the factory to install 3 ballast tanks, pumps, switches, etc.. By the time that price is passed onto the customer I would guess somewhere in the 1500-2500 range. So really, this may be no more then the price of buying a $500 prop.

I really think this is the first decent attempt at innovation we have seen in wakeboatssince the wedge and purevert ballast.

As for the pnp setup there is no reason you can't plumb in rear vdrive sacks and a bow sack if you really are a wake snob or a pro.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 8:47 AM Reply   
Being NMMA certified is just a sticker, it means nothing.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
Being NMMA certified is just a sticker, it means nothing.
I'm completely shocked the picture on your profile page is a giant MB logo with a response like that...
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
I'm completely shocked the picture on your profile page is a giant MB logo with a response like that...
That had nothing to do with it. I helped with getting the NMMA certification for another boat manufacturer last year. A lot of the rules are a joke. The ones you don't meet you can just say you're working on. As long as they get their money you get your certification.

Last edited by hunter660; 07-06-2012 at 9:05 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
I LIKE IT.

No pumps needed. Drain on plane. Fill on plane. Drain/fill in seconds.

Water can be pushed up above the water line.

The hard part will with tuning front/back weight. It may want to have a third scupper to push water to the bow. Or maybe you fill everything and then selectively drain from left/right/bow for tuning.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-06-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Like Brett said, great to see someone trying to go in a direction other than make the boat and engine larger. Looks like that guy has all kinds of ideas, some will be hits some will be misses.

Love the keyboard cowboys who know all the flaws and have all the answers, just needed someone to take care of the small detail of inventing it so they could improve it lol.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post

The vent in the side of he boat isn't to push the water out, it's to let air out of the tank as you force water in from the back. It also lets air in as you let water out at speed. If it was a sealed tank, you'd never move water in and out of it.

I think this system has a TON of potential. Not only for getting the boat moving, then adding ballast feature, but with Zebra Mussels becoming such a big deal. Right now your tanks and bags never fully dry out, and there's a lot of potential for transporting mussels. With this system, it would be so easy to get your tanks dry, and show that they're dry. As long as those doors open far enough, it would be very easy to pressure wash the inside of the tank with hot water to kill anything in there.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette74 View Post
I like how when they show the picture of inside the instafill there is fiberglass resin dripping down and kitty hair. Also, how he has a huge hole cut in the side of the boat "see look you have to let the air out". And the hole is also big enough to let raccoons in. Do a little more product finishing before you make a commercial.
Really??? Obviously this is his boat that he's experimenting with to try to perfect the system. He's not showing off a finished product here....
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-06-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Worst case scenario is that the ballast fills. Then instantly dumps on takeoff. As long as the ballast tanks are sealed off well from the rest of the boat, I don't see a problem with a little bit of leakage.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-06-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Mike i am by no means a "keyboard cowboy" i just had a few questions, most of which were answered by Brett...so thanks for that! As for the prop thing, and this is a bit off topic and i could be wrong...but on my boat when i added that much extra weight in it, not only did i need the prop to get it on a plane, but it also helped out a lot as far as keeping a smooth ride (keeping a constant speed), after trying to dial my pp in with them on the phone and asking how much weight i was running and boat and all that...they suggested i get a lower pitched prop to help with the weight, so i did and it worked. but i have always wondered if there was any truth to this or if he just didn't feel like messing with it haha.

I agree with Brett on it being great for 90% of wakeboarders out there. I'd like to see what he has planned for the front ballast. it seems like he's on the right track for sure!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
I think INSTAFILL would want to be automated too. FILL once on plane after rider pickup. DUMP when off plane after rider falls. This should save a lot of gas/money! Plus the boat should handle much better when not pulling a rider. This is nearly ideal.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I think INSTAFILL would want to be automated too. FILL once on plane after rider pickup. DUMP when off plane after rider falls. This should save a lot of gas/money! Plus the boat should handle much better when not pulling a rider. This is nearly ideal.
I mentioned that as well. All it would need to have is an on, off or manual setting that would fill the ballast once PP takes over. It would also be cool if it went to the empty position as the PP is disenganged but I am not sure it would need to do it right away as the ballast will empty when you start to pull someone up.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
I am sure the hydraulics could handle that constant up and down over time, they are pretty tried and true, but I wonder if the gate and seals and so forth would be reliable filling/emptying over and over like that.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I am sure the hydraulics could handle that constant up and down over time, they are pretty tried and true, but I wonder if the gate and seals and so forth would be reliable filling/emptying over and over like that.
Good point although at least if the seals go bad they are right there on the back of the boat with easy access instead of under a floor, behind a panel or in the bilge.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
I do like the fact that its on the outside of the boat, so its in the perfect spot for wakesurfing. That is the one thing that never turned me on with the purevert systems in the centurion or MB, they are more towards the inside. If this was 500 lbs in that corner, super efficient wakesurf ballast.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-06-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
I do like the fact that its on the outside of the boat, so its in the perfect spot for wakesurfing. That is the one thing that never turned me on with the purevert systems in the centurion or MB, they are more towards the inside. If this was 500 lbs in that corner, super efficient wakesurf ballast.
Current MB tanks are along the outside of the hull (i.e. right under floor of vdrive lockers and underseat storage). The bilge and gas tank are in the middle of the boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
Are they all the way on the outside? That is very cool if they are.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-06-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are they all the way on the outside? That is very cool if they are.

As far as they can be for as low as they are in the hull.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Love the new concept, I'm excited to see which manufacturer will pick up his new design! Mb... Centurion?
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-06-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
Looks like a great idea and something we will see a version of in a new boat sometime in the future. The system will definately help get you out of the hole but it would have to be hooked to a speed sensor because no one will use it manually for every start. I would also assume you need to be on plane before you engage the fill or it's going to cause as much or more drag on the boat than the weight of a typical system would alone.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-06-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not a problem though since it runs directly into the tanks.

I think he is really onto something!!!!

Last edited by mendo247; 07-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-06-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
What If I still want a 6.0 l
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
my pure vert is 500lbs in each back corner. Basically right under my 750bs locker sac.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-06-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
The Purvert system is on the sides. Best Ballast system in the world.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
I know on the centurion they are not on the sides, but cool if they are on the MB. Seems for a surf boat you would want them in the corners as much as possible.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2012, 5:10 PM Reply   
imagine how much weight you could push with a big block, prop, and INSTAFILL!

oh this thread is supposed to be about the surfgate btw haha
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
That is the new revolution in wake IMO. I have had some practical experience with scoop feed tank systems and it is the real deal. Must be exciting hanging out with mike, he looks like a real character
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
Kinda deflated SURFGATE.

INSTAFILL seems so much more interesting...

It's like a hull within a hull.
It's like high pressure pumps without pumps.
It can push water above the water line.
It fills and spills in seconds.

I think there is an argument for 3 doors/tunnels -- one left, one right and one bow.

A definite advancement beyond purevert.

WTG Mike Murphy!
Old    9Drozd            07-06-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
Wow...... First release was supposed to be 6/29, then pushed back to 7/6. What a flop on malibu's marketing department. To hell with surfgate, we moved on to instafill.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
I know on the centurion they are not on the sides, but cool if they are on the MB. Seems for a surf boat you would want them in the corners as much as possible.
where do you think they are on the Centurion?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-06-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ragboy,

Check out this pic from my last MB build... everything you see below the gray carpet is ballast tank... all the way down to the bottom of the hull and back into the corners of the boat... all the way up to those battery boxes... all glassed in.

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-06-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Ragboy so if they are not on the sides where do you think the 2 pur vert ballast tanks are located
Attached Images

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-07-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Sweet, now even easier to totally f**** up the entire lake, instead of just one side.
Wakesurfing = rollerbalding, razor scootering, bodysurfing.....get over it people, or just go tubing like you used to.

http://www.facebook.com/surfgatewave

Last edited by kybool; 07-07-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: bad link
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
The facebook page now says 7/13 is the official launch date. EPIC FAIL.

But I am sure glad I read this thread to find out about Instafill. I think it has serious potential. Maybe the surfgate really is Instafill? Then I would feel like I really got played...but in sort of a good way