Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-24-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
I am considering purchasing a WakeJak for my VLX, have a few questions....

Does it work with two ropes for doubles on kneeboards, or wakeboards?

Does it work well when using the short rope for Surfing?

I remove my tow mount on tower to fit in my garage, dont want to have to remove the wakejak everytime I put the boat in the garage. Looks like the wakejak can stay on the tow mount once removed.... can anyone confirm this?

Anyone else have any feedback with other problems or likes?

Thanks for any feedback....

Here is the website link.....http://www.wakejak.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by fman; 06-24-2011 at 8:58 AM.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
We've used it, but not for doubles or surfing.

I don't think you could use two ropes, as they would be pulling against eachother...it can only follow one rope.
I don't think it would work well for surfing either, but it may be doable.
You should be able to leave it on the tower when putting in your garage.

I will say that it does track well with the rider.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-24-2011, 3:51 PM Reply   
Travis: Sent you a pm. It will work well for surfing with and without the rope - heres a link to the video of Dominic Lagace surfing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgs1z6y3L3I

It will only support one rope at a time, and should be fine to leave on your ball when you take it off to put in the garage.

Rob
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2011, 6:06 AM Reply   
Rob is the shock cord included with the camera mount? I didnt see it listed for sale seperate. Going to put this on my christmas list and want make sure I get everything I need. Thanx. I am going to need the whole set up jak/camera mount and shock cord..going to be using a go pro. thanx again
Old    readyaimfire            06-30-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
Wouldn't this be pointless for wake surfing since u don't have the rope most of the time?
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-20-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
Uh.... ya gotta get up somehow. Heard nothing but good things from all who have one or tried one.
Old    readyaimfire            09-20-2011, 10:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlude View Post
Uh.... ya gotta get up somehow. Heard nothing but good things from all who have one or tried one.
That's some riveting footage
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-16-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
I'm seriously depressed after watching this guy surfing
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-16-2012, 9:53 PM Reply   
I have been using the WakeJak since last season, it works very well. The only problem I am still having is the attachment mount will turn a little on the stock tow ball. Its really not a big deal, but it would be nice to have it stay centered. Its a great product and works very well to keep the rope off your boards and out of the boat. Definitely would recommend it for anyone who experiences there rope getting tied up on the wakeboards.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2012, 3:02 AM Reply   
Is this seriously a camera mount/vibration arrest system for freaking wake surfing? I think my brain just broke.
How g@y are all of us, seriously? How much stupid crap do we need to strap to every nook and cranny of these damn boats? 1500watt, 3 sub soundsystems, in-dash camera views, touch button screens, gawdy LED lightup cup holders (which is maybe the gayest thing in all of wake boatness). Good lord, can any of you people ride or are these boats just an excuse to keep shopping at Crutchfield and listening to Montell Jordan? {{{{{{{BOOOOOOMMMM}}}}}}} Hey ladies! {{{{{{BA-BOOOOOOOOMMMMMM}}}}}}} I am 42 and creepy so come into my boat out to the cove on this weird ass lake, {{{{{{BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM}}}}} we can wakesurf the whole way and the camera I will hook up to record you won't vibrate! Hey I have dubstep you like dubstep little girl? {{{{{{{WOB-WOB-WOB WOMP- WOMP-WOMP-WOMP-WOMP}}}}}}}}....

That guy is good at wakesurfing but I wanted to see a kickflip. Plus, being good at wakesurfing is almost completely useless.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-17-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
You're a dick and i can't decide if I love it or hate it...
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2012, 5:46 AM Reply   
The name. The sounds. Well played. LOL
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
You're a dick and i can't decide if I love it or hate it...
Agreed, little bit dick-y. You can't decide if you love the comment or the wakejag?
Old    sperbet            05-17-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
BOOM!!! The Truth, coming with, well, THE TRUTH. Well said good sir!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-17-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
+1 for The Truth, just another element of worthless flare for the flamers.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-17-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
The TRUTH with a drive through the lane, to the hoop, count it...and 1!
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
The Truth( boomshot)- By you making a statement like that is fine. Each to their own! The ploblem that I have is when you look at your profie it seems that you are hidding something. The question is Really, who are you? If you where a real man, women or child you would not have a stupid profile like that. Are you jealous of people that can afford nice things in life. Or are you some kid that their dad will not buy a boat. There is nothing wrong with spending hard earned money on yourself and your family to enjoy what ever or however you do on the lake. A day on the lake with family and friends--- Pricless. The end result is I cant stand people that make statements like that and then hide behind a rock.
Just saying. I hope you have a great day and summer.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-17-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
I dont know that I would consider the WakeJack 'affording nice things in life'
He isn't criticizing you spending money, he is criticizing the crap you are spending money on. Who cares who he is, he speak THE TRUTH
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-17-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
I am not saying that he is criticizing wakeJack. He is criticozing Everyone in general that buys aftermarked stuff for their boat. And that is ok. Its I cant stand people that hide behind rocks. anyways I will leave it alone. Sorry if I offended any one on my statement
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeckei View Post
I am not saying that he is criticizing wakeJack. He is criticozing Everyone in general that buys aftermarked stuff for their boat. And that is ok. Its I cant stand people that hide behind rocks. anyways I will leave it alone. Sorry if I offended any one on my statement
Jeesh no need to apologize dude - did you read my thing? No apologies. I am not hiding behind a rock per se. Maybe a little bit I guess since this is a message board but seriously that is the second stupidest accessory I've seen on a boat. People posting, fussing over their LED cupholder is gayness #1. Gayness #2 is this frikking anti-vibro-rod-slash-camera-iphone-mount, and #3 gayness is the 43 year old guy pushing subs in his Malibu 247 called "Clam Bait" and I am serious, it was on WakesideRides, this shi cray. It needs to stop. My God. STOP.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-17-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Conformity man. We should all buy the same boats and ride the same gear and not make anything personal. You sounds like your just bitter that people spend their money on things that you don't see fit. Get over yourself.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-17-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
Any reason why you wouldn't just use a GoPro stick-on mount on the back/corner of the boat? I've done this for my past 2 boats and never had an issue of them falling off? Add the Floatie to the back of the case and you'll never lose it. The GoPro Wireless BackPac is also coming out this summer that will allow you to turn the GoPro on/off from the driver's seat (or wherever you install the remote?). It will be priced from $79-$99 according to the forums out there, so maybe something to consider as an alternative.

The one thing that seems a bit funky with the WakeJak is always seeing the rope line in the video?
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-17-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Gayness is not crime!!! But it is kinda weird! Haha hella gay!!!!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-17-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Conformity man. We should all buy the same boats and ride the same gear and not make anything personal. You sounds like your just bitter that people spend their money on things that you don't see fit. Get over yourself.
Ohhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Baby. I even admitted to the somewhat bitchiness. Even implied an apology. I love personalization. I don't like products for products sake. When I saw that stupid rod in the line of sight the whole time my brain broke at this idiotic thing and I kind of lost it.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-17-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Well I have a wakejak and love it...don't really give a rats ass whether or not "the truth" or anyone else approves. I bought it mainly to help my wife keep the rope from getting caught in the racks
when she is turning to pick me up and it works great for that. I know that if you are careful and drive the boat properly when you turn, catching the rope is usually not an issue but my wife doesn't get to go out with me much so she is not an experienced driver. It is one less thing for her to stress over and that makes the day more fun for both of us. I have used the camera mount a couple of times and it works pretty well, but films of my riding and the people I ride with usually are more for entertainment purposes then anything else. As far as all the other stuff, no led cupholders on my boat, and just one small sub...don't even have any tower speakers. But if all that stuff makes somebody else happy go for it.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-17-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
Ohhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Baby. I even admitted to the somewhat bitchiness. Even implied an apology. I love personalization. I don't like products for products sake. When I saw that stupid rod in the line of sight the whole time my brain broke at this idiotic thing and I kind of lost it.
The G3 Tower on the newer Malibus tend to get the rope caught quite often on boards and racks. Especially if you have the quad board rack set up. The price of this device is nothing in cost compared to the boat. Having people on your boat having to stand up all day and de-tangle the rope becomes annoying. It's a very good product that I always recommend to Malibu owners with the Illusion or G3 tower.

Once you use one, its pretty obvious its a well justified purchase.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
Lighten up people, I just LMAO at The Truth's original post. "Do you like Dubstep little girl" might be part of the best take I've read on wakeworld in a long time!

With that being said, I can appreciate the use for one of these things for keeping the rope out of the board racks when circling around. That happens to me way to often.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-17-2012, 9:59 PM Reply   
In fact I'm still laughing so hard I am contemplating starting a thread, "Best single posts, regardless of threads, made on Wakeworld."

"Plus, being good at wakesurfing is almost completely useless." Hilarious! I love wakesurfing and It's still hilarious!
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       05-18-2012, 5:09 AM Reply   
didn't think of putting the go pro on the back of the transom and shoot videos there ... so I went ahead and ordered one ... never really thought about the whole 'tangling' mess until this thread started to explode ... lol ... but have to admit that I actually might benefit from that more than I ever thought - one of my German shepherds is always worried about someone getting in and out of the water - so she hops around the boat and is getting tangled in the rope more often than not ... so maybe it's worth something ...

oh and one more thing: the fact that having a boat, driving it, pulling someone behind it and wakeboarding/wakesurfing are in itself all pretty much useless skills but utterly entertaining is justification enough to tinker with the toys - no matter how silly it may be for others
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Just to clarify, the WakeJak was designed for Wakeboarding, which is surely a completely useful sport, in order to keep the rope out of the boards/racks and to work as a less expensive tracking camera mount than the thousand dollar plus oem ones. It will also work for filming wakesurfing, but so will a gopro on a fixed mount. It will work without the long stick if you just want video. It works the same if you are gay or straight. {{{boom?}}}}.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-18-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
While the wakejak guys have clearly purpose-built the device for boardsports, I'm sure it'd actually be a great addition for the creepy guy on the clam bait at the party cove to voyeuristically film his hoes on the stripper pole too.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-18-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Aaahhh the creepy guy!! He should role out in the perv pontoon with wake jacks hanging off it everywhere ! He should also where some sort of hyper color clothing trying to talk sluts in to touching him!!! Lol.creepy!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-18-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Thats actually a pretty cool wrap on that Malibu. It reminds me of an OP tshirt from the late 80's or something.

While the Wakejak may offer some functionality it is way to obtrusive and ugly for me to ever put on my boat.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
From page 2 of the WakeJak instructions: "12(a) Any Creepy Guys Filming Strippers do so AT THEIR OWN RISK. However, if you are going to do it, removing the WakeJak foam bumper and using just the short stick will substantially decrease your risk of getting caught, and result in better videos for posting on WakeWorld."
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-18-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hell ya I'm gonna grow one side of hair super lOng and comb it over the top get me two wake jakes a hyper color shirt and be hella creepy! Oh ya and constantly throw pelvic thrust in every direction!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-18-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Oh ya and im gonna wear boxers under my board shorts
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
The Truth, clearly you have not been in the sport long enough to remember the single most worthless accessory for shredding. It makes the WakeJac and LED cup holders look as essential as the motor in the boat.

Behold.... the Wake Wing!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-18-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
The Truth, clearly you have not been in the sport long enough to remember the single most worthless accessory for shredding. It makes the WakeJac and LED cup holders look as essential as the motor in the boat.
Behold.... the Wake Wing!!!!
Oh, Small Whatever, I am well aware of the Wake Wing. I have been in this sport since 19'o long. 1992. When I saw that I thought that thing was as useless as The Wedge. Then I found out that The Wedge works to some degree. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdoggy View Post
From page 2 of the WakeJak instructions: "12(a) Any Creepy Guys Filming Strippers do so AT THEIR OWN RISK. However, if you are going to do it, removing the WakeJak foam bumper and using just the short stick will substantially decrease your risk of getting caught, and result in better videos for posting on WakeWorld."
I LoL'd. Funny like ha ha funny.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-18-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
Oh, Small Whatever, I am well aware of the Wake Wing. I have been in this sport since 19'o long. 1992. When I saw that I thought that thing was as useless as The Wedge. Then I found out that The Wedge works to some degree. Enjoy!
Dude, no way! I've never met anyone that has been into wakeboarding that long. I thought it was only invented in 2001. Are you Scott Byerly? Do you know him? So awesome. Whats a Wedge?
Old    mojo            05-23-2012, 9:40 PM Reply   
The jerk store called, and they're all outta you.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-24-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
the wake wing - good find... hahhhhh!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-26-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
I just remembered why I rarely visit wakeworld anymore. Decent thread turned into pissing match. I miss the old days.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2012, 12:19 AM Reply   
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa, was that wing thing real??? Like honest to god built and advertised for the masses? I feel robbed that I have never seen that before. That might be the most awesome wake invention ever...