Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-06-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
I really liked Codi's CWB post so I'm going to be a dork and copy it. This is for the Liquid Force Fans.
1) What LF setup you have?
2) What you love about it?
3) Have you always ridden a LF? If no, explain to us why you switched to LF from your previous setup
Sorry Codi I just thought it was a cool post and instead of hijacking it, which is just wrong, I thought we could do this for all the boards.
1. 140 Witness behind the boat 138 PS3 LTD Cable
2. I like the soft landings of both boards, old knees!! Ever since I got into wakeboarding I wanted a Liquid Force board. When I started I bought one and well there you go.
3. All three of my boards have been LF
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-06-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
1.the first board i ever bought was an 05 lf trip super fun,easy to jib,and easy landings unless you were getting major air.

2.funnest board i have probally ever owned,super soft landing and it was easy to jib on.

3.currently i riide hyperlite and lf i ride the roam, and my old 05 team,but i'm lookin into getting ether a 138 s4 with soven bindings or the watson,with the soven.anybody want to help me out with this while also answering TS.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-06-2009, 8:54 AM Reply   
1) 136 witness grind with 09 watson ltds
2) the way it edges and how it lands
3) no. tried a witness on a whim after having used quite a few other boards and have loved it ever since.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-06-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
1. 09 shane 142 w/ 09 shane limited bindings
2. big pop & super soft landings, bindings are super comfy w/ a lot of support
3. no but made the switch once i rode the 07 shane, but have ridden lf bindings for a few years now since imo, no other company can even come close to lf bindings' comfort and support
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-06-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
trip 128 that had flames on it (shanes old pro model)

ps3 133

substance 134 (white with a think a red chik)

06, 07, shane 136 pro model

08 lyman 139

thats my history of LF boards not to mention a few randoms. I still have almost all these boards in my garage (some broken) and I have a Lyman 135 on the way. Cant wait- good post TS nice to know what other LF product people rock.
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-06-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
1)08 Watson 138 w/ 07 Shane OT, 08 Hampson 40" wakeskate
2)super smooth, super soft landings, great pop, great speed and tracking, just a great shape I love it!
3)First board I ever rode was a 2000 LF Rythm 34 demo board at 14. Then rode my buddies 2000 LF Trip 33 for a few summers. Bought my first board, an 04 LF Trip 33 and rode that untill recently. I needed to upgrade BAD because the trip was too small for me now and was holding me back. I knew I wanted to stick with LF I love their company and what they do. I also love the history of Jimmy Redmon and Tony Finn and think Jimmy is an amazing board shaper. So I rode some friend's Shane 136, PS3 137, and Substance 138, and from that I decided on the Watson without ever demoing it. Thanks to the wakeworld guys for their input in making that decision too! It's exactly how I thought it would ride and I've improved so much just in a few cold winter months and now summer is here and im ready to SHRED!

Oh yea and the wakeskate, first time I wakeskated was in like 2001 on a Cassette deck. Didn't wakeskate again untill Fall 07 when I met a buddy that I ride with and all he does is wakeskate and he had an 07 LF Impulse Aaron Reed. So after riding that and his new LF SST I had to buy my own. And again the history of the Cassette Team and what they did for wakeskating, and now Aaron Reed and Danny Hampson have their obscura project with LF, its pretty cool to see wakeskating blow up like it is, and I just look up to those guys and support them.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-06-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
08 Lyman with 08 Limitted Vantages

The overall feel of the board and how it carries speed from transition to edge, explosive pop, with soft landings.

I have been riding Liquid Force boards ever since my first board which was the 98 BestBoard.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-06-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Shane 140, Watson bindings

It is fast and a major step up!

First board was an old obrien. Then a CWB faze. then a hyperlite premire* i think. now shane

switched to LF cuz i got a great deal!!! haven't looked back
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I bought the first model that LF ever made it was the 1996 Free 135 and can be seen here: http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard.asp?boardid=9

Then I got the original 1999 Trip 132 and Pro Sucs. http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard.asp?boardid=351

Current setup is 07 Watson 134 and 07 Watson LTD OT's.

The thing that made me start with LF was hearing the stories in WBM about Jimmy and Tony finally teaming up. Later I worked for a pro shop and had the priviledge of trying every board from every manufacturer we carried (LF, Hyp, Wake Tech, Blindside, DoubleUp). This allowed me to really see what other companies were doing. I never found another board I liked more than the Trip although the old Murray was awesome too.
Old     (bobert)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-06-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
08 Shane W/ 08 Transit Boots

I love the pop it gives. I'm 6'5" 220lbs and needed something that would help pop me into the upper atmosphere. I havn't found another board as responsive either.

I have always had LF since my Trip 143 W/ Suction bindings. It was a great board to learn on, built sturdy, but quickly needed to upgrade in order to progress.
Old     (ntoscani)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-06-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Had an 06 Substance w/ Transit bindings (The 09 Watson w/ Soven LTD's is on its way)

The pop of the substance is great, as well as the control when you need it. (Went with the Watson for a step up from the substance)

Started with a Blindside, then a hyperlite motive, then the substance. Changed because I have enjoyed every liquid force board i tried (friends boards). And I haven't been able to find that in any other company.
Old    benj_t            05-07-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
1- 2009 Limited Edition Lyman with 2009 Limited Edition Shane Close toe boots.

2- fastest, lightest, most poppy setup ive ever had, not to mention the landings out in the flats that are so soft you feel like your landing down the wake

3- Of course, I've riddin Liquid Force since the first board I ever had
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
1. 08 Watson 142 w/ 07 Watson CT bindings.
2. On my watson, everything just feel awesome. No other reason n particular.
3. Been riding LF since the Super Squirt. Wooo.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Present board - 140 Shane 08 (best investment ever)
Last board - 133 Fish 06
Before - 139 Balance 05

Had about 2 pairs of 04 alphas and 06 transits but now on Ronix and pretty glad i switched.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
08 lyman with 07 shanes

Wanted a fast, loose, 3-stage. So far, seems to ride great!
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-07-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
08' Lyman 139 + 07' OT Shanes
What don't I love about the board?
Started with a Neptune GTO --> went to a smaller hyperlite --> bought a liquid force trip due to graphics (awsome choice btw, graphics aside) --> haven't looked back
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-07-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
09 watson w/ 09 sovens.

love the feel of the sovens, super flexible but still NO heel lift. lf did right with the limited design.

obrien something or other, then a premier, then the shane, then the witness, then the axis, then the lyman and now the watson. i've been on just about every LF shape in the last couple of years and there's something i liked about each and every one of their boards.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-07-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
07 Watson 08 Alphas bindings, love the pop, the speed and the way it breaks loose with no fins, also the landings are incredible, all round great board. The 08 bindings are such a step up from 06.

06 Stance 06 Switch bindings, first set up. Still get on it from time to time, usually in rougher water.