Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
Ok guys so I have the spindle lube spindles which means no bearing buddys but you remove a little rubber plug and inside is a grease fitting that you grease and there is a hole in the middle of the length of the shaft that grease comes out and pushes the old grease forward.So my question is I have a small amount of water that comes out maybe half a teaspoon to a teaspoon worth when I pumped it full of grease. I think it is because it was never full of grease from the factory. Now it is full of grease and looks like I have pushed all the water out. Does anyone observe a small amount of water in there hubs or bearing buddy's?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-11-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
Not good! Time to disassemble, clean, and throughly inspect. Then reassemble with new grease seals. Might be doing it for nothing...but what if?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-11-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
since you don't have the oil bath bearing buddies, water will be able to get into the hub Im pretty sure, its not sealed tight on the front side with that plug and cap I dont think... water shouldn't get in but it might... just make sure your bearings are packed well with grease and you should be ok?
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
yea i think the main problem was the hub was not completely filled with grease from the dealer so I pumped it full and it flushed out the old grease and a little water.