Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (bsmahoney)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
i have used bindings. their was a 1 inch rip in em. i fell n yanked my foot out of them n now my 1 inch rip is about 6 inches.

thier made of rubber. no laces or anything, just a zipper in the back next 2 the rip.

how the f**k do i fix this.

application/octet-streamUpload
binding (63.2 k)

application/octet-streamUpload
Tear (56.8 k)

(Message edited by bsmahoney on July 23, 2007)
Old     (bsmahoney)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
lol. anyone gunna help me or am i gunna have 2 wing it n use Gorilla Glue?
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-23-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
zip ties. Article in waterski magazine a while back. This is a temporary fix.

Yours sounds a little more serious (sorry, couldn't open link). Are they under warranty? Try a local boardshop, or the manufacturer.

If the above don't work, time to pony up for some new bindings.
Old     (bsmahoney)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
lol. how exactly do i zip tie a rip in rubber.

do i cut new holes on each side of the rip n slide the ties threw?
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-24-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
Yes. Again, it's a TEMPORARY fix, but it will work. Sorta will look like stiches when you're done.
Old     (bsmahoney)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
i got the pics workin. c 4 urself

http://picasaweb.google.com/BSmahoney/Wakeboard
Old     (insanityking12)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
damn bro your stuff is messed up.

i would just grab a new pair.. i got some from a couple years back ill let go of for 45 bucks (price including shipping)

there hyperlites from 2004, the split model... they were sick boots
Old     (scottman)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-24-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
I just tore my left binding inside tongue off the exact same bindings. Will sell you mine (right in good condition left torn) or you can sell me what's left of yours. Your call either way just let me know.
Old     (bsmahoney)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
lol.im usin the zip ties n ducktape. goin out on the water 2day.

well c how it works.

yeah. im gettin new boots. i got a guy cumin ovr 2 check em out n mayb hell have a pair 4 sale.
Old     (wakeletter75)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
We torn a set of HL 360s on the rear gorilla pull completely apart..I took them to a tailor and she sew'd black leather kinda like a band aid on front and back of rubber.Its held together for 3 years (granted they're on my girls board i carry on,which rarely get used)
But I've tried them on myself and they still work fine. Just a little more lube to get your heel in over the bump, but riding is unchanged...

IMO it was a great fix for a grand total of $12
to save a pair of bindings...
If they are your primary set you need to kick down a buy new ones...Cause although my fix is ingeniuos its not a remedy.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
Take a bicycle inner tube or else a piece of nylon webbing, depends if you want it to stretch or not, cut a "patch" to the correct size. Use contact cement (comes in a can from Home Depot, about $5), brush contact cement on the patch and also brush on your binding in the damaged spot, let the contact cement dry like paint, repeat with a second coat, then after the cement has dried, press your patch in place. You only get one shot to place it correctly, as the contact cement is permanent. If you wanna go the extra mile, get a tough needle, a thimble, some needle-nose pliers and some spectra fishing line, and use it to sew your patch for reinforcement.

Or do the patch/cement repair yourself then take it to a shoe shop and get them to do the sewn reinforcement.
I've done this many, many times. It will hold very well.