Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (kevin_zoosdma)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-19-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Check out this new Lucifer dry suit from NPX! Its a kiteboarding company but the same uses apply. cool to see something different on the market.

www.npxwetsuits.com
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
thats neat! but i dont understand drysuits, never wore oen before, do you wear your life jacket over or under it? or does it have one built in?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-19-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Chase I rock my Dry Suit w/o a life jacket. Prolly should rock one, but I hate the suit and the Jacket Combo.

There was thread a while back about a Company out of Japan that was making super sick looking Dry Suits, very snowboard inspirded like these. I have wondered for ever why they dont make them look cooler.
Old    K.B.C.            09-19-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
that is pretty cool, gotta be expensive
Old    K.B.C.            09-19-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
just found it online, $680. ouch, think I'll stick with my O'Neill for now...
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-19-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
HOLY CRAP! DID I SEE A ZIPPER TO PEE OUT OF?!?! IF SO THAT IS GENIUS!

ON ANOTHER NOTE...I HAVE AN OLD DRYSUIT...FORGET THE NAME THAT LOOKS KINDA LIKE THAT. IT LOOKS LIKE I'M WEARING A WINDBREAKER WHEN I WEAR IT (POCKETS AND ALL)...I FORGET THE NAME OF IT, BUT IT IS A COOL DRYSUIT.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS...I'M NOT YELLING I SWEAR...JUST USE CAPS LOCK FO ONE OF THE PROGRAMS I WORK WITH AND I'M TO LAZY TO GO BACK A RETYPE!

CARRY ON!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-19-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Kitboardin is starting to look cool.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-19-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
I REMEMBER NOW I THINK IT IS CALLED A "RONY" OR "RONNIE" OR SOMETHING DRYSUIT. ERIK CARTER HOOKED ME UP WITH IT A WHILE BACK. LOVE THAT THING.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Dan, I too saw the pee zip. If you hadn't beat me to it I would have pointed that out in all caps too. I don't care what it looks like. YOU CAN PEE OUT OF IT!!! Only downside is I think a zipper shot to the nuts would be none too comfortable.

Oh & copy & Paste into Word and then hit SHIFT F3, it will lower case everything.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-19-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
F3 SCHMEFFREE TOO MUCH WORK...LOL

YEA...ZIPPER RACKER MIGHT SUCK OR...NOT THAT ANYONE I KNOW RIDES COMMANDO IN A DRYSUIT, BUT A ZIP UP COULD HURT TOO! LOL
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Hey Andy,

do drysuits have any kinda of buonacy to them at all? not that im not man enough to not rock a life vest!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-19-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
I have the O'Neil Boost drysuit and it is very buoyant. More than my life Jacket. The problem is when the drysuit gets a hole or tear it in. It can be bad news.

I usually ride my drysuit without a life jacket, but when I do wear one, I put it underneath.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-19-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Chase,

There is no buonacy in a Drysuit at all, the buoncay comes from all the air in the suit that is trapped inside.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-19-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
I know this has been knocked around in years past, but how much of an issue would it be if your drysuit got a hole in it? Wouldn't you just be neutrally buoyant? Anyone gone in the pool and tested er out?
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-19-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
I still wear one regardless of bouyancy just for the padding of falls. Didn't wear one one time last year and it led to a rib injury. Learned my lesson.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-19-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Big Heavy-

I fell in the water once getting right after My suit got unzipped. It filled with water and I paniced Like crazy. But actually it was okay, I was still floating and above water, it was just super hard to swim. Didnt sink tho-
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
That suit is definitely killer. Reminds me of that movie west side where Igor rides into the water from the snow.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-20-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Please always wear a USCGA vest guys! 5 seconds to sink after unconscious. This drysuit looks pretty bomb.