Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-17-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
MBSports.net has a short promo, but not much information. The bow kinda looks like a X-Star.
Anybody know anything about this new model from MB?

Upload
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
from what i hear the wake is going to be sick. no word on price and i think the length is 23' something
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
LOL!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-17-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
I'm intrigued... this thing better be good if it's been seven years in the making!!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
I assure you, the only thing it has in common with an X-Star is the pickle nose. The boat is going to be totally insane.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-17-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
...and that it's a boat designed for wakeboarding.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
I got to see the prototype. It's goingt to be sick...................
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
"length is 23' something"

from the looks, 2 feet are a complete waste.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
There will be mini torpedoes that shoot out of that so called wasted 2 feet. Not only will this boat put out a revolutionary wake, but you can blast any seadoo pests or S-turn tubers right out of the water.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
where on the website did u see the promo
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
flux_now thats what i like to hear

ive ridden behind a fully loaded MB B52 and hte 220(?) and didnt like the wake at all... maybe this will help it... i cant wait for the advertising from MB and mastercraft though.... its gunna be like those election commercials.... "OUR PICKLE FORK IS BETTER THAN THERES"

one thing tho.... if it has a playpen up front in the bow... that would be awesome... i did like the b52's playpen

Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Boy, the fiberglass repair lobby must be strong, all those stress cracks are really going to improve business.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
I am cracking on a boat I have never seen nor ridden behind. I just think their preview is a bit over the top and boastful.

That all being said, it looks like it could be a cool looking boat and I hope the wake is as good as they say. Thinking out side the box is a good thing and helps push the industry. Although the pickle thingie is in full swing over at MC.

As a side note, the new X-2 is (IMO) the best looking boat around these days, it's dope.
Old    mendo247            05-17-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
that things gonna look dope with a tower on it!!
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
the bow is suppose to have a lot of room in it..unlike the MC pickle fork....

Bocephus...seem to be a little bitter towards MB..i thought perhaps you sent me the pics....oh well hopefully your CC is treating you well!
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-17-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
The drawings look like the Mach 5 from Speed racer
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Let's just say that my old MB left me a little disatisified.

(Message edited by bocephus on May 17, 2006)
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
Although the pickle thingie is in full swing over at MC.

If you can't beat em, join em? Rumor has it that there will be a pickle in a lot of jars next year...
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-17-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
"the bow is suppose to have a lot of room in it..unlike the MC pickle fork.... "

What x-star (03 and later) have you been in where there was not tons of room?
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
Upload
My old boat.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-17-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Surely there is enough ugly boats in the world already?
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-17-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
What problems did you have Bocephus??
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-17-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
i am 6'2" i guess they seem a little cramped to me. the x-2 is really cramped the x-star is not as bad. my understanding was that the new MB was going to have a ton of room up front. not that i really care since i dont spend anytime in the front of the boat anyway....just an observation
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Let the jokes begin...

Rename it the COPYCAT not the TOPCAT.

A SICK WAKE...Can't make it on there own need to COPY
someone else
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
I love how you all say its a copy, when you havnt even seen the real thing. Big deal it has a pickle nose like the X-star, that all the sudden makes it the same. How bout you all quit judging the boat before its even out!
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Well since their last "new boat" was a direct splash of someone elses boat just turned into a v-drive I don't think we would be calling the kettle black or anything....

24V is an exact splash of another deck boat, I think it's the Chaparel Sunsetta but I can't remember. I have seen both boats side by side though and they were identical with the exception of drives.

(Message edited by Bocephus on May 17, 2006)
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Bocephus, You actually drove that red thing in the daylight?
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Actually that red thing would do 86 mph with a 350 chevy! It's Placecraft!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-17-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
mbsports.net is not a valid web site.

everything until it is out for real world people to try is just personal/speculation. Why waste our time on this till it's out.

Its just free advertising for them..
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-17-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
Bocephus, I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with you last MB and I hope you have a better experience with your Nautique, the SAN is an awesome boat. I was a Nautique owner for 5 years before I bought my first MB. I never had a single major problem with my Nautiques ('01 SAN, '03 SANTE 800+hrs combined) besides the normal ones(defective ballast system, electrical, and needing to run an additional 2000#'s to have a respectable wake.) Go ahead and check them out on www.planetnautique.com, same screen name. I own a boat dealership now and we deal only with inboards, sales and service. I install stereo systems, showers, heaters, Perfect pass, towers, etc. Needless to say I see every part of every kind of boat, bilge areas, electrical wiring, engine mounts, etc. Nothing is more of a pleasure to work on than an MB as far as accesibility to engine, ballast, and bilge. I have seen very few inboards that are not built well. I have never seen a spider crack in an MB, Sanger, Nautique, or Tige. I have seen spider cracking in Malibu's, Mastercrafts, and Centurions. Having said that, spider cracking means nothing really, it does not mean that the boat is not built properly. Mike Brendell builts great, solid boats. His attention to detail is incredible and everything they do is very well thought out. This new "Pickle" is going to rock and I am counting down the days till I can get one on my lot, I am sure it is going to be extremely innovative and I am sure the wake is going to kick ***. I personally rode behind a boat the other day that kicks the **** out of anything the "big three" have out, as far as wake goes. The SANTE has a great wake, but we all know it was a fluke. The X-Star and VLX were supposedly developed specifically for wakeboarding, and the wakes are nice but absolutely nowhere near what Chris Anthony developed in his garage. I know for a fact the Brendell has developed this new "pickle" around the wake, thats what MB is about, "Building The Perfect Wake" they are not kidding. I talk with Mike Brendell on a regular basis and he has to be the most passionate boat builder I have ever spoken with and he is freaking out about his new Tomcat.
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
No big deal, no harm done, and I have a great boat now!

OBTW, if anyone knows pickle forks it would be the Brendel's (It only has one L in it by the way). I remember my dad telling stories when Irv Brendell came out with a pickle winged flat. It was flat out crazy looking in the pictures but it got a bad reputation when Kenny Macintoch or Rick Lee crashed at Oakland in it, I think it was called Porky Pig or something. Don't believe everything that you read on the MB site though, Crazy Horse never ran faster than 176 (that was in St.Louis), and Al Bush crashed a ton of them trying. Hell, the Brendel's have been making splashes for decades, just ask Howard, Irv splashed his hydro to start one of the greatest splashing wars in boat history. I am surprised that Sanger doesn't have a pickle fork wakeboat out yet, after all it was Sanger who started with the pickle fork or maybe Kindsvater. Hondo (Irv Brendel's company) copied the Sanger.

Now if we could just get Billy B. to start designing wakeboard boat graphics...

Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
my dad had a brendel hydro v-drive in the early 80s. tunnel ram 454 with twin holley 650s, cavitation plate, etc. that thing was rad!

too bad it's gone... :-(
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 10:32 PM Reply   
I think this is a Brendel pickle but can't remember:
Upload

Here's a Sanger I think:
Upload
Old    bocephus            05-17-2006, 10:35 PM Reply   
I know this is a Brendel (Hondo) pickle fork:Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-18-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Why did it take them 7 years to develop?
Why are they going to eat your head?

7 years ago was 1999. That was before anyone had made wake specific hulls and MB was already thinking about it. (I doubt it but whatever)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-18-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
I was confused by it eating my head too.

The ad built up a lot of suspence...I'm thinking "Wow" Then it said it's coming this summer.. "Hummm.."... To ..."to wakeboarding?"... EAT ..."Eat Gas?"... Your Head ...."What? My head? why does it want to eat my head? what does that mean? am I missing something?"

Maybe that's a 55 year old trying to market to the X-Generation?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
i forgot that mastercraft was the first the invent the pickle fork. no one said they were copying when they did it.

also MB hasn't resigned their hull in 7 years so i think the 7 years in the making is reffering to the fact that it's the first new hull from them in 7 years
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Entrust,
That is not true, MB has made several revisions very similar to the revisions made on the Sanger V210 and Air Nautique 210. I have several problems with MB, moving forward with design isn't one of them. For example they got rid of the spray pockets on pretty much all of their boats. Do some research for once buddy, you also might want to check out dictionary.com ... resigned? Do you want the actual hulls to give a two week notice or what?

(Message edited by bocephus on May 18, 2006)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
I'd definetly say the hull on the B-52 has been modified from the '03-'04. The removed the cut outs in the back that always made that funky spine before the lip.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
i know the hull had a few changes such as the spray pockets removed but i'm reffering to the overall design, such as the top of the hull and the window and window lines, that hasnt changed
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
You mean the deck? Again dictionary.com, reffering? Do you mean referring?

The MB has changed several things over the last seven years. The tower, hull, interior, graphics, etc... In short what boat are you comparing it to that changed so much over the last seven years? Have you ever owned an MB? I hate MB's but I have owned two which helped me form my opinion.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
to me the MBs look dated, i've seen them over the last 4-5 years and the overall looks of the boat havent changed, i know the tower and other stuff has changed but the overall style and lines of the boat havent changed
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
we all understood what he was saying ...who cares about the spelling
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
i obviously dont care about spelling :-) i don't get paid to be a good speller.
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
It lends to the legitimacy of the statements made and the person making them.

Go ahead and RIP me, I don't care.

I just thought the comments were unwarranted and incorrect. Anyone can give their opinion, but actual experience and knowledge is worth exponentially more in my opinion.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-18-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Bocephus what spelling bee did you win?

"OBTW, if anyone knows pickle forks it would be the Brendel's (It only has one L in it by the way). I remember my dad telling stories when Irv Brendell"

Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
"OBTW, if anyone knows pickle forks it would be the Brendel's (It only has one L in it by the way). I remember my dad telling stories when Irv Brendell came out with a pickle winged flat."

You the pot or the kettle?
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-18-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
CAR!! Beat me to it.
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
1985 Prime Beef Festival Spelling Bee

Please clue me in on what words are misspelled. Pickle fork or picklefork can be spelled both ways. I guess you could give me shiat for punctuation though, Brendel's vs. Brendels'.

My point is that I don't give some guy that calls himself entrust clothing much credit when he's bad mouthing a boat that he most likely will never own and his statements aren’t even true.

Now why don't you scholars go and check out every post that I have made and compare them to Entrust Clothing, get back to me with that report guys.

Either way Entrust Clothing doesn't know jack shiat about MB's.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
They are giving you crap because you correct the guy for having two L's then go ahead and do the same thing.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
yeah apparently i know nothing, i was saying that overall the look of the boat hasn't changed which is true, the windshield line and rub rail and the deck hasn't changed that ive seen in 4-5 years.
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-18-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
ha... is shiat spelled correctly?
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
You were, Entrust?

"also MB hasn't resigned their hull in 7 years so i think the 7 years in the making is reffering to the fact that it's the first new hull from them in 7 years"

It looks to me like you were saying that MB hasn't redesigned the hull in 7 years which they have. You didn't say anything about windshield line, rub rail or deck or are those considered to be part of the hull? What happened to 7 years, now it's only 4-5 years?

I'm just giving you shiat dude, I'm a general ass so don't pay attention to me!

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-18-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
sorry i don't know all the proper boat terminology, did i spell that right? to me the hull and deck is all the same thing
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-18-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Well, I dont think any of this is worth arguing about. Who cares what the boat looks like or who knows port from starboard, bow from stern. I think the real argument is in the fact that Tomcat is the worst boat name ever. Sure it goes with the aeronautical theme but that doesnt matter.

Here is my take on seven years in the making, I think they may be refering to the fact that they have been trying to master the perfect wake boat, and since the first B52 was in the 2000 model year(right? wrong?) the tomcat which I assume will be a 2007 is 7 years later meaning that every hull modification that have made finally leads to this boat. But who knows, I am probaly just talking out my ass.

I think it is gonna need a pretty unique tower too, to look good with that agressive front end, maybe something like a malibu reverse tower, then they can steal from two companys.
Old    bocephus            05-18-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me Sam J, on everything but the stealing from two companies part. Brendel was making pickle forks long before Mastercraft and the tower was stolen from CC. LOL
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-18-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
haha whatever, I was kidding about that anyways, I could care less about borrowing or "stealing" ideas as long as it works and looks better than the original.