Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    tommyadrian5            03-29-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Does the mounting location of the servo motor matter, as long as there is free motion of the cable and adequate length for the throttle arm to move? I tried the suggested location, but the servo cable wasn't long enough (see pictures). Then i moved the servo motor and it was the right position for full movement of the throttle arm, is this ok?

original position (notice gap)
new position (no gap), is this ok?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-29-2004, 7:10 AM Reply   
Tom, when I installed my perfect pass they (Perfect Pass) told me to try get as less bends as possilble. Less bends = more precise speed control. My servo cable has one elbow bend and it holds speed within +/- .3
Old    tommyadrian5            03-29-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
yea, this won't be a huge bend, but bigger than if the servo cable were the right length and i could mount it in the suggested location. This was supposed to be an OEM system for a nautique, probably a GT40, and I think those require shorter servo cables than MC's do, hence my issue.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
Tom,

It's not that big of a deal. You'll be fine with that setup.
Old    tommyadrian5            03-29-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
thanks cliff

does anybody know where under the dash of a MC i can ground the rpm and power wires?
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-31-2004, 3:56 AM Reply   
tom

I take it you don't have the instructions?! It all depends on the type of gauges you have in the dash. I don't have mine to hand but I know that if you have a certain type of rpm gauge with pins on the back you can simply tapp on top of the ignition and ground points on the back and you're sorted. My MC is a '98 and you'll find that if yours is like mine the points on the rpm gauge are actually marked accordingly - it's dad easy!

Let us know how you get on.
Cheers
matt
Old    tommyadrian5            03-31-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
I have the instructions.

my guage's are the newer kind with plug-in connectors, no pins on the back. I need to figure out which spades on the back of my ignition are which, then i can just screw the other one into the back of that like the positive line.