Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-08-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
I continue in my quest for the perfect boat that can fit my budget and needs. The needs are 50/50 wakeboarding and surfing. My current ride, a Tige 22IR is ok, but I want something better and a V-Drive.

Anyway, there do not seem to be people talking about MAstercraft boats. Surely people surf these boats and have some success with them. My take is taht some models are more difficult to set up than others.

I would like some feedback from anyone with experience with the X15. Anything you can give me would be helpful. I may have a great opportunity to buy a nearly new repossessed one at a great price.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-08-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
The 15 surfs great if you plumb in some extra ballast in the rear storage compartment, you can pull the cooler out and throw some weight in there as well. We surfed it with about 500 extra pounds in the back corner, very nice, if it were my boat I would have added another 1000 or so to really beef it up.

I typically ride an X-1 with about 2500lbs of ballast so riding the stock ballast in an X-15 didnt blow my mind but it did the job just fine, I easily landed all my tricks. Again, if it were my boat I'd beef up the ballast.

Overall I'd say the X-15 surfs far better than an X-Star and an X-1 though I'd give the X-Star the edge when it comes to wakeboarding. I need to ride a sac'd out 15 to really compare it though, it looks like the potential is there just havent experienced it myself.
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-08-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
I'm a big fan of the 15, especially for surfing.
It surfs really well on both sides. We had one last year and had a blast with it.
It did take some extra weight though, but the back compartments are plenty big for some big sacks.
And I'd love to see it with a smaller swim deck. We had the huge fiberglass one and I think it did affect the wake a bit. There's a little ridge on the front of the wave because of it.

I know there have been some other threads on the 15.
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/700103.html
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-10-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
the best wake we have had was when we had all stock ballast full, a 725 bag in the rear that you can only fill up to maybe 550, one 725 bag on side seat as far back as possible and 450 across the bow, with 5 people. Normally we do all that but with out the one across the outside seats and it is still very good. The one thing I will do next year is try a different pitch prop, this year was 14 x 14.25 Oh and we use the same for goofy riders and works well.

All around the X15 is great!
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-14-2009, 4:33 AM Reply   
Reading blogs about the MC it seems that some people complain about the fuel consumption compared to other boats. The complaint never mentioned the X15......any comments on this?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-14-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
I find i get descent gas mileage. Or maybe havent noticed as much since last years insane prices. $5.35/gal vs. $2.95/gal really makes a difference.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-17-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
I call B.S. on the fuel consumption when comparing 5.7L to 5.7L. Now if you are comparing an 8.1 or even a 6.0 to a 5.7 then yes, they will burn more gas.