Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wmartin89)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-01-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
I have been wakesurfing for a couple of years behind a nautique 211. The wake has been suitable but i want it better. I have been running it with full left ballast and half in the front ballast. I was wanting it bigger and longer any help?
Old     (wmartin89)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-01-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Or any other boat would work. I just want to know how to better build the wake for surfing.
Old     (wmartin89)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
What ballast bags would be good to put in it?
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-05-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
You should at least add more ballast on whatever side your riding. I usually add another 1000lbs in fat sacks beyond the stock ballast. I fill the belly to make the wake longer.
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-09-2008, 7:01 AM Reply   
We added an additional big fat sac to our SV211 yesterday, and it was great. At this point, our setup is to go with factory ballast full on one side and the middle, empty on the other side for surfing, plus a couple of side sacs on the surf side, 200 pounds of lead all the way to the back of the rear lockers, and now an extra big fat sac right down the middle of the floor at the back which we shift towards the wakesurfing side when we're done wakeboarding. We've been running at 9 to 9.5 mph (salt water).

With this setup, I did my first wakesurf 360 behind the boat yesterday!