Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2007, 3:25 AM Reply   
May be someone saw that a while ago. Just interesting link - http://www.eriksinfobase.com/erikhenne/WakeboardJournal.htm
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-15-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
Pretty cool write-up! How much cash you think you have in that?
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-15-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
I would love to build one. I wonder how much it cost.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
Looks like he spent about $220 and a lot of time. I just added his materials list but then again he might have others he didnt list. I think at first it may be a little expensive since you may have some screwups and need to get more materials but if you stuck with it you would be able to make a killer custom board for cheap. If you made enough of them you could quit your day job move to a sweet lake and open up a custom wakeboard shop. How sweet would that be. Wake up ride then make boards.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Wakeman, building a wakeboard would cost almost nothing. It all depends on the materials used though. Fiberglass mat is $3/yard. Fiberglass cloth is $6/yard. Fiberglass resin is $26/ gallon. If you decided to use epoxy resin, your price would increase a little. Also, the core material would be tough. I would probably use this 3ply wood they sell at home depot. It is $10 for a 4x8 sheet and is super flexible and strong. Guys use it to build canoes. Plus the stuff absorbs resin really well, and the wood is water resistant. You could probably build one for under $100.
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-15-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
thanks Leo
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
That's awesome!
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
yeah that was a cool article, i just may have to give this a shot...thanks boris
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
That's awesome! That would be a really fun project and a great way to learn how different features (rocker line, tunnel depth, etc) effect the feel of a board. Not to mention the new found appreciation for what it takes to design and manufacture a wakeboard! It's not rocket science but prob. not as easy as it seems either...

Do it up!!
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-15-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
That's very cool, that would be so much fun to do.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-17-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Im building some fiberglass ballast tanks for my 2001. It looks like I overshot my fiberglass needs. I am gonna have about 5 yards of mat left over. I'll post the pics if I build one.