Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2011, 4:38 AM Reply   
Anybody ride in these events?
What should one expect in a veterans class as to level of riding?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-13-2011, 5:33 AM Reply   
If Matt Vermillion is riding this year expect to need a near pro level pass to contend with him.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-13-2011, 5:38 AM Reply   
I've heard Dave Briscoe rides in this division, but I don't know if he'll be at this particular event. If I were you, I'd go for it just to say I competed against some of the all-time greats!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-13-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Definitley ride if you can. If a former pro comes out, they will probably clean house, but who cares. its all in fun and you will learn so much and have a lot of fun. Plus it's good to "test" yourself once in a while. I went to Canadaian Nationals last year in the Masters division and although I didn't ride well, the guy who won my division used to ride in all the tournaments, had gone to Florida and taught and rolled with Chard Sharpe back in the day, so it was cool just to chat and hear some stories. Plus we helped out at the event so we got to ride in the boat for one of Rustys Runs and Rattray!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
If a former pro male over 40 rides at Nationals, they will be put in the Pro Veterans division. There are some solid riders in Veterans that will be throwing raleys, hs/ts rolls, scarecrows, tantrums, 540's (maybe a 7), etc..

I say just go ride & enjoy the experience...it's a lot of fun and you will make new friends that can hook you up with pulls all over the country!

PS WWA Nationals are in Minnesota this year, not WI (unless USA is there).

Last edited by wakekat15; 07-13-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Ride
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-13-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
Nationals are in Minnesota this yeah.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, MN, thanks,
It looks like vet pros and vets are separate. I suppose they combine masters and vets in these events if there are not enough riders...is that so?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9fxr View Post
Yeah, MN, thanks,
It looks like vet pros and vets are separate. I suppose they combine masters and vets in these events if there are not enough riders...is that so?
That is correct, but I've never seen that happen. Both divisions have pretty strong participation, which is GREAT!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
SORRY FOR HIJACK: Speaking of this.... anybody going to Nationals this year? I plan on bringing a carload up from La Crosse for finals on Sunday. It'd be cool to meet some fellow WakeWorlders up there!
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
Anyone know if this event is run by WWA or INT rules, seems like INT will not allow inverts in the Veterans division (held to novice standards). I read the WWA rules, and it seems to say just throw your best tricks. Maybe i'm missing something.