Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-12-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
So I was dorking out on Alliancewake.com and watched the Dubi video (link below). Rathy is Amazing, I could watch that guy ride all day. Not just for the insane level of riding from him but his over all control and awareness on the water. This is a topic that talk about in my crew a lot, Understand and controlling the physic of the sport. In my opinion no body really shows this better than Rathy. His awareness of handle position and body position is amazing. You can see this in the people you know who learn tricks with ease, they just know where to put the handle how to move to get the trick with minimal effort.

Anyway enough of my ranting and raving just watch this.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/abu-dhabi-video-part-1/
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-12-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
That water color was awesome. I wonder if that lake is private or not. It didn't look like anyone was out there. That hotel they drove under is ridiculous. I watched a thing on TV where they showed how they built it. Sooo crazy.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-12-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
One of the other guys who I feel has the best body/handle control was in that vid, Nick Davies... he makes everything look effortless and so precise.

I do believe they were riding an epic...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-12-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
I am with you guys, I love watching Rathy ride. I know Rathy is between boats and there is supposed to be something in the works, but if I were Epic, I would snatch him up, same with Lyman.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-13-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
I remember watching Push Process for the first time a couple of years ago. Lyman's wake to slider was awesome, but Rathy absolutely killed it in that video (on wake and skate).
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-13-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Nice, Rathy and Davies kill it.

The wake behind the Epic looked sick!!

Weird they showed a Tige twice in the vid, but it wasn't pulling the riders.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       02-13-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
what about Rathy In Global Warning? Im pretty sure he got 2 parts for a reason kills it!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-13-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Rathy KILLS IT HANDS DOWNS!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-13-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
To put Rathy's section in Global Warning in even better context... the ONLY trick that he repeats in his entire section is a toe back 7- twice off a double and once off the wake!

Fun dude to film with...