Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    moomba4            03-16-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Just got the pics of my boat at Skier's Choice. It should be arriving in Seattle March 25th for the finishing touches. I am looking into additional options for this beauty. I have already ordered the wake plate, tower, racks, heater, shower, stereo upgrade, tower speakers, amp and sub, perfect pass, extra battery, I don't know if I forgot anything. First time boat owner, super psyched to get my hands on her. The guys at the plant in Tennessee are great! Thanks for the early pics for an impatient owner. Jay (Skiers Choice), YOU ROCK!!!
Here's my Baby

Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
Wow!! nice looking boat!!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-16-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
What a pile. JK Congrats. Looks nice.
Old    zboomer            03-16-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Rick, congrats! It's too cool seeing your boat in the factory, eh? I have factory shots of my new VLX as well, too cool.

Anyway, looks great!
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-16-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
Don't forget the upgraded gravity games ballast.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-16-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
I have heard from several people that the Moomba XLV has about as good a wake as you can get with stock balast. I would definetley look into buying one if I were in the market. Nice color scheme to have fun
Old    moomba4            03-17-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the feedback. I checked your profiles and the rides posted are sweet!
Hey Poser, you have the Calabria huh, that was one of the other boats I put a down payment on when at the boat show. How sweet is it? Moomba was the only dealer willing to get us on the lake the following day for a test run......that sold us the boat along with the wake and awesome handling and storage.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-17-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
Rick,

If you ever decide to hit Lake Sammamish or have any questions about upgrades shoot me an e-mail.

Cliff
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-17-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Nice boat! I had an 04 Moomba XLV with the upgraded GG ballast and it definitely is worth it. With the boat full of people you can't fill the bag bags completely (too much weight) but when it was just me and a couple others, I ran with the bags full. It definitely kicks the wake to another level.

I "upgraded" to the 05 24 Supra SSV for this year mainly because I wanted a higher fit an finish. The XLV gave me plenty of fun last year (120 hours worth) without any major problems during the season.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-18-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Rick, looks as if it should arrive on Tuesday.Don't forget that I am buying the first& 2nd round!Love the color choice!
Jay way to go , you never cease to amaze me, so don't forget about our little deal as well for April 29-30. Also Rounds are on me in August in Fl.
Also can you take pics of my 24 when it runs throught the line next week?
Thanks
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-18-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
Kevin, I will buy a round in FL in August as well!

What's been going on up there?

McFly
Old    moomba4            03-19-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
Kevin,
We will be arriving Friday around 2:00 and staying through Saturday. Looking forward to hooking up. Will you be able to get away for the test run Friday? The booze cruise sounds good. Make sure the guys take their time and do a nice job on the installs and we will bring them some Bud Light. We are staying in Seattle for the night Friday.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Congrats nice lookin boat!!!!