Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-14-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
We had a chance to fiddle around with the camera today. All three pictures are of the same wake, the first is down at water level looking up, the second is standing up looking down and the last is level with the rider.

IMO the water level pointing up gives the illusion that the wake is significantly larger than it is.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-14-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, that Hogan your riding? How's the level up there? Going back next weekend for four days.
Old    surfdad            07-15-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
Hey Rick,

Yep...that's Hogan, it's where we typically ride. The level is way down. Quite a bit of exposed rock formations. Still good in the main body, but it gets choppy on the weekends.

We saw da.bell yesterday, got the oldest of the kids free riding for a bit. :-) It was fun. :-)
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-15-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
That's too cool man! We're taking two loaner boards out with us and gonna see if we can all get up and stay in the pocket ... we'll see!

You launching on the main ramp? We're going to be camping right at the Acorn ramp but i fear it'll be useless with the low water.
Old    surfdad            07-15-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
I've heard that the Acorn Ramp is still good, but the main ramp and the ramp to the north are still fine. Depending upon the wind direction, we typically use the north ramp...less folks launch there and most that do, know how to launch. :-)
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Great looking wake, FYI.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
Acorn is not open for a launch ramp. The levels are low but I agree with Jeff, they were still reasonable to ride as long as you watch were you are going.

Jeff, Garrett had a great time. The experience of wakesurfing was his second time but the first time was terrible since we didn't know what we were doing and Garrett never got up. Today, Garrett is still talking about it and won't shut up.... I might have to bribe him so I don't have to hear, "Did you know I got up and wakesurfed?" It's all good and thank you doing this for him.
Old     (valsurfer)      Join Date: May 2006       07-16-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hi Jeff u r on the right track with the first photo if u have a Zoom on your camera u could take out the corner of the boat and your shoot would be great.Thats what i do when taking wakesurf photos it makes the wake look bigger thats what i did on this one. Also if u have a good camera u can put a circular polarizer on and it makes the sky more blue & cuts down the glare Hope that helps u with your photos Upload

(Message edited by valsurfer on July 16, 2007)