Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    natter            10-21-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
im live n. virginia and go out on the potomac down by the occuquan. how close is the south river or patuxent. also is the water smooth, or alot of boat traffic.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-21-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
The patuxent down around solomons can be real busy on weekends. And it is about an hour and 15 min from dc.
Old    jzwake            10-23-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
the south river is way too busy on weekends to ride, late season like now you might be able to get some water. Even on weekday nights it is getting very busy.
Old    tommyadrian5            10-27-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
The south river after late september is perfect. As long as you can deal with a colder water and sea nettles its no problem. All the times we've been out lately it has been us and maybe one other boat down at the ski course by route 50. During the summer though the south river is a pain in the ass, too many boats, PWC's etc. The Patuxent is butter as long as you know where to go, we took the boat over there a few weekends this summer and were the only people on the river every day except for one, when there was another wakeboarder out, not too shabby.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
My experience with the Pax is that there is a bunch of PWCs and tubers. I've also hit a bunch of submerged logs on the pax. There is always something new floating down the river. You also really have to know where to go since the depths go from deep to a couple of feet in no time.

Also, unless you would like getting yelled at by park service people from the wildlife refuge, I wouldn't recommend it.

Being from N. VA, Have you been to Lake Anna? Sweet place -- and freshwater!
Old    boardjockey            10-27-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
i hit a log on the Pax last time out as well. not a good place to wakeboard with or without the wedge.

Lake Anna is the best bet NoVA folks. Pohick Bay is another closer alternative, but don't go there after a big rain. lots of sticks
Old    natter            10-27-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
im in n.va and go out on pohick bay every weekend.
but it also is a mess on the weekends in the summer. right now it is great only boat in the water the last three weekends. just wondering if their is a better place to go in the summer.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-27-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
Where are you guys boating at on pax? I have never had any problems at all
Old    tommyadrian5            10-28-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
yea the pax sucks don't go there