Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-10-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
I am not sure how this happen, but it was the first thing that came to my mind... BUMMER!

http://www.kptv.com/story/23393145/b...i-5-southbound
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-10-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
That'll buff out, no biggy
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-10-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenteck View Post
I am not sure how this happen, but it was the first thing that came to my mind... BUMMER!

http://www.kptv.com/story/23393145/b...i-5-southbound
Damn, that is about an hour South of me.

But the boat is listing pretty good for a direct drive, looks like it's set up for a good goofy surf wake. I would suggest deeper, since being that shallow might cause a lot of wash...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-10-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Pretty sure straps won't win against a semi.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       09-10-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Straps or not, not sure it would have made a difference. It hurts to see the boat like that, but the bottom line is no one was hurt.

Edit - Oops, spoke too soon, looks like the truck driver was hurt. Never mind the boat, I hope he heals quickly.

Last edited by DealsGapCobra; 09-10-2013 at 1:30 PM.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-10-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
The boat trailer started to weave and jack-knife on deceleration. I can't really say what the ultimate cause was, but this sounds a lot like the trailer brakes were not working correctly. A larger boat and trailer need working brakes or it is an accident waiting to happen. Please people, make sure your trailer has brakes and that they work!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-10-2013, 10:50 PM Reply   
wow thats about a mile from our offices..... Musta missed that one...
Old    Paxdad            09-11-2013, 3:46 AM Reply   
No worries that is a Nautique. It will be back in the water in no time!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Straps may not help all situations but you never know when they will plus you have an obligation to others on the road. After following my boat being trailered and watching it move over a road with some not so visible wallows I always tie the transom down. I also had a boat come off the ball over railroad tracks, you just never know and it only takes a second.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-13-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
This same thing happened to my parents about two months ago. They got in a wreck and left their boat in the middle of the freeway while passing thru Bakersfield. Thankfully no one else was injured. My mom broke her pelvis and pops fractured some ribs, but they are healing up.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-15-2013, 10:01 PM Reply   
The truck driver could have been hurt worse if he had tried teak surfing being an I/O.