Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-29-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
I put Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro in this winter took it out today for the first time and it won't keep a steady speed I tried adjusting the KDW an NN and it is better but as they call it the engine is nervous, rpms go up and down. I have got the speed to stay at about 3 to 5 tenths of a MPH. In rpm mode it holds steady. does it always act this way in speed mode.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2003, 10:48 PM Reply   
No that should not occur. You either have a bad module or padle wheel.

Call perfect pass they will take care of you!

http://www.perfectpass.com/
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-29-2003, 11:03 PM Reply   
Stock settings should work great unless your install has issues. RPM mode is bogus for wakeboarding. The paddle wheel placement is crucial. Make sure it has not forward water disruption.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-30-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I put the paddle wheel in per there instructions it is 4 inchs back from the front drain plug over about 3 inchs, it's a direct drive nothing in front of it to disrupt water flow
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Seriously call them they will help you

Phone (902) 468-2150
Fax (902) 468-8837

E Mail the Sales Dept: sales@perfectpass.com

E Mail Tech Support: techsupport@perfectpass.com

E Mail Randy Eisener: randy@perfectpass.com

Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-30-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
The engine changing speed is normal. That is the computer trying to correct for changes like the rider cutting and turning. The only thing that matters is that the boat holds a steady speed and a couple of tenths no problem, but not pulling a rider while driving straight, a 1/2 mile an hour is excessive. KDW should make a difference.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-30-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
I spent a hour and a half at the lake yesterday changing the KDW going straight and not pulling anybody. tried going up 10 points at a time and so far best it will do is keep it within a half of a mph and KDW is set at 380 but motor is still surging. I will call PP monday just was hoping for some ideas
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
I have had that exact problem and know a couple of other people that have had the same problem.

I I am speaking from my own personal experience.

In both situations it was a bad module.

That is why I am saying to call PP it is the shortest path to a fix
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-30-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Tom, going straight and not pulling should be SIMPLE for PP to hold speed. My boat holds speed, pulling a rider, to within 0.2 mph with no adjustment to the unit. Something is definitely wrong. Either with your equipment or your install.
Old     (scott44)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Tom try this, do not change the NN rating and depending on how much weight you carry you can adjust the KDW rating. For instance I carry around 1700lbs in my boat and have the KDW at 250. If that does not work your servo might have to be adjusted. With the PP off and the key turned off turn the servo nob 3/4 of a turn in a counter clockwise rotation, next turn the key to the on position and the servo will auto tighten. Try this next time and let me know if that helped. Good Luck Scott
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
tom, if you shut your perfect pass off while on the throttle, the cable has slack in it. simple turn the knob on your perfect padd devise( the one in the engine area) lol dont know the name. turn it clockwise i think, to tighten the wire, and in the future make sure you are stopped before shutting it off. may not be ur issue but it is an issue
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-30-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
No never shut it off without putting it in neutral first, cable has no slack I think it's a bad module runs fine in rpm mode but that not why I bought it but that tells me the servo is working fine and I know its not that the paddle wheel is in a bad spot put it right where MB does called the factory on that. Its Perfect Pass tech support on Monday. Then after upgrading my stereo too this winter new amps and tower speakers my head unit takes a crap so now Iam off to buy a new one. Well better to fix them now then waiting till I want to go out all the time we had a nice day here in Vancouver Saturday so I took it out even did a little boarding no drysuit just trunks.
Old     (scott44)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2003, 3:07 PM Reply   
i think that skydog is absolutely correct but it is an easy fix, it may have come from the factory this way. I am sure that they will help you out when you talk to Randy from perfect pass, but I suspect he will tell you the same thing.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-30-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
Well there is no slack in the cable checked it and it is fine thanks for the help but thats not the problem and thats why they have tech support. I think Kevin has the best answer on whats wrong a bad module. will let you know after I talk with them Thanks guys