Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    lakeside5_10            06-20-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Well i could not make it this year and not even with the charity board that had delam problems , i will be their next year with new products.

everyone have fun and be safe

mark
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-23-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
It was a killer event the Outlaws, out did themselves. Matt took best art and Jeff took best of show.

They say they have a commitment to wakesurfing - it really shows. Well done Outlaws, well done.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2008, 4:47 PM Reply   
Results were just posted, pictures and video being uploaded/sorted now.

Check it out here
Old    surfdad            06-23-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Great event. I was reflecting on it on the flight home. Contests, by and of themselves, don't typically allow for such a wonderful sense of community, as this event did. From the practice session, to the contest, to the meals, the band and the ETC that took place after my bedtime. :-) The event that WO.com put together welcomed all that share a love of wakesurfing.

Well done and a great time.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-23-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Yes - great event by the Wakeoutlaws!!!! Those who didn't make it missed out -- you'll have to come next time!

Show's and Jeff's boards were both awesome! I was stoked to win the art award for sure!

I have to echo Jeff's comments -- everyone from the sponsored riders to the various manufacturers, to the folks that just came to ride and/or watch all just had fun teasing each other, talking about riding, board design, and our love for wakesurfing.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
The TWC was a great time. The whole Outlaw gang definitely proved that everything is bigger in Texas. Met a lot of great people for the first time. My kids had a very successful weekend. Kayley won first place in women's amateur skim and Rob won third place in men's amateur surf. Rob also won a sponsorship from the Walker Project. Thank you Mike Walker. In total, the family probably came home with close to $1500 worth of gear and prizes. I bet close to 20 wakesurf boards were given as prizes. Bri Chmel, James Walker and Sean Cummings really tore it up on their runs. The Inland Surfer crew was a very fun group to hang with. Jeff Page had a few too many drinks in the bar one night and started to talk about a top secret Inland Surfer prototype. I believe he called it the Garfish. It's a long skinny ugly board with graphics of teeth around the nose. The Outlaws really set the bar high for how to hold a wakesurf competition.

The Calibrated Girls won first place in the amateur and pro skim
Upload
Rob 3rd place finish in men's amateur surf
Upload
Kayley 1st place finish in women's amateur skim
Upload
Rob receiving his sponsorship from Mike Walker
Upload
The inspiration for the Inland Surfer prototype
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by norris_laker on June 23, 2008)

(Message edited by norris_laker on June 23, 2008)
Old     (mbwakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2008, 12:17 AM Reply   
Thanks wakeoutlaws it was a sikk event! i had alot of fun at the event. thanks to all of the wakeoutlaw
krew for putting on a sikk event!
Old    surfdad            06-24-2008, 6:07 AM Reply   
I swiped a couple of pictures from the link above. James:

Upload

Johnny Stieg is now riding for Shred Stixx and is on the Hazen Pro Model:

Upload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
thanks to every one involved. this event was the best event iv ever been to.
Old    lakeside5_10            06-25-2008, 4:46 AM Reply   
i would like to see a pic of smeds board if possible.
Old    surfdad            06-25-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
Ask and ye shall recieve. :-) There are a ton of photos posted at the link above.

Upload
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-25-2008, 5:13 AM Reply   
Nice lookin boards guys! Congrats on the wins! Looks and sounds like everyone had a blast. I'll definitely have to make it next year.