Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-17-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
Do I need to remove the seats to get the useless center console out? I cannot find a pre-made replacement so I am going to make a new one that is usable. I have removed all of the screws its loose but it is still attached to something??
Oh yea 07 GMC 3500 new body style basic dash.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-17-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
Bryan

If you think all the screws are out of the center console, try sliding it forward or backward. not sure how the 07 GMC looks, but if its similar to the 06 Sierra, it only take a few screws and the console slides out
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-18-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
I haven't pulled one on an 07, but GM likes to hide screws under the rubber inserts in the cup holders. Also under the rubber mat in the bottom of the storage console. Does it have a rear ashtray or cup holder? may be a couple hidden behind there.

Should lift up at the back and pull towards the back seat and come out.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-18-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
There are 2 screws on each side, 2 inside the rear cup holders then 4 under the mat inside the lid. I popped off the tray and disconnected the Christmas connectors holding the wires to the console it feels loose but only moves 1/2". Is there something holding the rear radio control's in?
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-19-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Use one of these...

http://www.wired.com/gadgets/gadgetreviews/magazine/15-12/wl_fatmax_fubar

Are you going to make something yourself? I have been thinking of taking mine out too, to put a sub box there...

I know it's not a realistic solution (depending on frustration level, of course) but I thought it was a pretty neat tool.

As always, post up some pics after you customize.

Good luck.