Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-04-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
did parks or shane already post about our ride with the Blue Angels? it was nuts!! I will post some details when i get back later.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       12-04-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
No havents seen anything yet bro!
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
*napolean dynomite voice* LUCKY!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-04-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
No kidding that is the ride of a lifetime :-)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-04-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
they puked on themselves except Parks,

I would give anything to be able to ride in one. I will gladly puke on myself, it wouldnt be the first time.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
the provide you with barf bags i'm sure. did you put on the full g-suit? did you pass out?
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-04-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
Lets hear more!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
awesome!
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-04-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
what a chance of a life time. some lucky dudes
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-04-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
"did parks or shane already post about our ride with the Blue Angels?"

Have never seen Parks or Shane post here, ever. This is not to dog either Bonifay, but mad respect to you for hanging with us, Murray!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on December 04, 2007)
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-04-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
That's very cool that you three got a ride. So many ultra-famous rich people get a ride, but not usually many others. I used to fly backseat in F/A-18's for 6 years. It was VERY awesome. It was hard to believe I was getting paid to do it. That was until I flew over Kosovo. When you have actual SAM's coming at you the perspective changes. It's been 7 years since I've been up, and I still miss it. Again, CONGRATS!!! Poor Andrew got to be there but not fly, lol. maybe some day.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-05-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
Having my back seat qual for the F/A 18 Hornet I am glad you and the others got to ride because nothing in the world comes close to it.

I will never get to experience your level of riding, (I wish!) I am happy you got to for atleast a day experience something I love, of course second to boarding!

We are currently in the 2nd month of our deployment I still try to see whats going on WW and to see you posting shows you really still have your feet on the ground!! MAD PROPS!!!
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-05-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Hats off to fellow Naval Aviators. I was winged in '82. I tried to convince Austin it is an awesome career choice and is the most extreme or action sport there is. But he prefers a 24' Supra with crew mates in bikinis over carriers and crew chiefs in khakis. Imagine that.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-05-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
It says the Naval Aviators all went wakeboarding with Adkinson. So did the pilots make better wakeborders or did wakeboarders make better pilots?

Way Cool...us water and ground based grunts are all very jealous. Congrats!
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2007, 5:41 AM Reply   
i have a few minutes but have to work on my irrigation my dad is helping with, so can't keep him waiting.
Red Bull was our foot in the door through the double up contest, the three of us we able to take the ride of a lifetime.
Andrew was possibly going to take a ride, but in the end, wasn't a spot and we were all pretty bummed for him.
parks went first, and we each got our own ride in the backseat of the f18. no oxygen masks since all the maneuvers never exceeded 7,000 feet and no G suits so they taught us the "hick"sp? maneuver. it is where you flex everything from your toes all the way up to your stomach as hard as you can, and relax everything from there up. the point is the keep the blood from going down your body and staying in your head. you are totally trying the hick maneuver sitting in front of your computer aren't you? it's pretty hard isn't it?
we did some cloud surfing, loops, snap rolls, attack maneuvers, broke the speed of sound (mach 1), and some serious G's. 7.4 g's for 20 seconds was what they called the graduation. i'm not gonna tell you who did what as far as puking and passing out, cuz i'm thinking we will edit the stuff into something that is pretty funny.
all the pilots and crew were super cool fun to hang out with guys. it was a little weird at dinner with them when they all had to sit in a certain formation and started eating when the head honcho guy said "forks up, eat, forks down" for every bite. just kidding, they all did the flying the fork into the hangar for each other. just kidding again.
we went riding that afternoon with them and most of them were pretty good riders, some never did it but picked up the addiction pretty quickly, like we all did. I did a Raley over Nate Miller, the pilot who flew us around, which was kinda scary for me since we were in pretty rough water, and as you can see, we were deep in a no wake zone so i didn't know if parks was gonna turn or stop. I didn't want to take out a Blue Angel, or any color angel for that matter, but I ended up not hurting him. He is 6'3" I think, good thing he ducked.
will let you know when we have some video put together.
later dudes.
what movie is that from? shaun
Upload
Old     (bbower)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-07-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
"Later Dudes! let her rip, hang ten!" - Clark W Griswold just before going for the "Saucer" Ride haha. Christmas Vacation

so jealous ya'll got to experience that. A friend of mine is one of the first classes to fly these new fighter jets (i forgot the name, i'll ask him). but i told him i wanted to go on a ride one day, he said he'd have to take me on another jet, b/c his is only a 1 seater. I couldn't imagine going through a war and not have a 2nd helping you look for other planes and whatnot.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-07-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, good thing he ducked...you only missed him by 5 feet! Thanks for sharing and what a cool opportunity.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-07-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
LOL, I was trying the 'hick' maneuver in my office and got called out on it from 500 miles away (in fact, called on it 2 hours before I even did it...can you say Shaun 'Fortune-Teller' Murray). Sounds like it was a ride of a lifetime, looking forward to seeing some vid.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       12-07-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
What a great opportunity, looking forward to seeing some video or additional pics. I too was called out on the Hick maneuver; I think I may have pulled something...J/K
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       12-07-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
I always thought a "Hick Manuever" was when you pee in the radiator of your 68 ford pick-up after it overheated? My bad! LOL

j/k

Great story...my dad was a flight surgeon in the Navy and had to take some pretty crazy rides...There aren't a lot of people that can handle all those flippy spinny things...oh wait...lol
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2007, 1:21 PM Reply   
you guys are all master of air maneuvers...just in different respects. I'd feel just as privelaged to have Muarry raley over me as I would to fly in a fighter.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-17-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
There was an Air Show in Wichita during our INT tournament. The Blue pretty Angels were flying over the lake every 2 minutes. It was the BEST ride anyone could ever ask for. Upload