Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
^^^I agree w/ you, Doc, but there are a lot of 18-20 somthings that are not in their career yet that are makeing decisions that could impact the rest of their life. I dont think there is anything wrong with sleeves and I see some I really like, but I could not do what I do now if I had them. Sometimes you get to pick your decisions, sometimes decisions are made for you...

(Message edited by Byrd on November 08, 2007)
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-08-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
those last two posts are spot on.
although, with young kids getting sleeved nowadays, I dont think they have really put any thought in to what they are going to do with their future careers. they are making a decision, that could hinder them from having a truly meaningful career.
I thank my lucky stars that I did not get sleeved ten years ago, when i really wanted to. sure, I could probably wear long sleeve shirts to work every day, but I sure dont want to be golfing with clients in 80 degree temps with a long sleeve shirt. that would suck.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-08-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Agree with Byrd. While it is something that you choose to do, and your own personal thing, the business world doesn't see it that way always. Business is about image, and if thats not the image they want, then you may not be a great candidate for that job. (Providing that the tattoos are visible). Just my 2 cents.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-08-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
thats the problem with society. the older generation and the relious right wing fanatics are so judgemental about things that people are afraid to express themselves in a way that might offend someone else, whether its tattoos, clothing style, whatever. my opinion on it is that i could care less what anyone else thinks about me. as far as im concerned judging someone based upon tattoos is the same as being racist or any other sort of persecution
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-08-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
And that may be. And perhaps it may not the be the "right way" but it stands to be seen that some of those "older generation and religious right wing fanatics" happen to operate quite a few of the companies these days. Would it be cool to have everybody be able to express themselves through dress, tattoos, style and whatever else in the business world? Yeah, but thats not the way that industry works.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       11-08-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
doctor octagon (dococ) my guess is that you, as an established professional, were probably wise enough to design a sleeve tattoo that could be hidden with a work shirt. My point is that many people are WAY too myopic about how they are desiging their tattoos, are designing their sleeves to be "unhideable" and thus will always show - even past the lower sleeve of a long-sleeve work shirt.

So I am definitely talking about the 18-22yr olds that see Motocross riders with them and, in those formative years, go into credit card debt in order to have the most ornate, badass, gawdy, garish sleeve possible.

There are clearly exceptions. You are likely one of them. I was just being to be a generalizing jerk :-)

You make good points though. I didn't mean to insinuate that you drive a pickle delivery trucks nor operate the Tilt-a-Whirl/BarfoWheel at the carnival. My bad and no offense intended.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on November 08, 2007)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
take it or leave it....in the end your tat does not make a bit of difference on being a good wakeboarder or increase your enjoyment of the sport of wakeboarding. If you like tattoos..cool. If you don't..that is cool too. I think people are having a problem with lil froggy sqeeky clean image trying to be covered with a bad boy tattoo. I was surprised this past summer...my friend from work..all straight and clean....came out wakeboarding with me and some buds....6 tattoos...didn't fit his imagine i am use to at work. Just an example.
Old    kc700            11-08-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
Here is a pic i took with mr reed...my RAD tattoo was done completely sober, true story... and Reeds MxPx was as he puts it ..a result of living "the crazy life"Upload

(Message edited by kc700 on November 08, 2007)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-08-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
I'm not into Soven's tatoo but thats just personal preference. I know I couldn't get a tatoo and I probably never will so i'm not trying to bag on anyone.
Randall's is soooo sick though and I wouldn't mind showing that off for a week, but I think if my job wasn't being a professional wakeboarder, I wouldn't feel right with so many tatoos.

Tatoos are really cool but not for me. I know I will want it off sooner or later...
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-08-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
tattoo, haha I am an idiot..
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-08-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Everybody should watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQQGFaizcs
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-08-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
sovens tattoo looks like crap! that is really weak looking lettering :-(
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2007, 11:22 PM Reply   
Tony, that's funny! After my wife and I had been dating for a couple years, she was pushing to get engaged, and I told her, among other things, that was not going to happen until she did something about her lower back tattoo. She was making an appointment within the week, had it completely re-worked!

Erik, actually you're probably mostly right. I like good quality artistic tattoos, but I honestly think that the majority of them out there don't look so good, mostly impulsive. Before anything new goes on my wife or me, we plan it and discuss it for a long time, even for years in preparation for some of them. You are probably correct we are an exception. Then again, maybe I would enjoy being a carny, and I wouldn't mind driving a delivery truck as long as it's cheesecake, or maybe a taco truck.

(Message edited by dococ on November 08, 2007)
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
That's great, Tony!

"May as well be a bullseye."
Old     (maggiewss)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-09-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
i dont care what any of you say.... soven is a ridiculous rider... probably one of the best i have ever seen with such consistency. soooo he can put whatever he want on his back haha
Old     (cenfla)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-12-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
What does Shanes tattoo look like now>
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-12-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Shanes
Upload
Upload
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-12-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
shanes is nicee!!!!!!!!!
Old    bocephus            11-12-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
Aleksander Emelianenko's back tattoo is the best ever...